Twitter: Mosher's short list of potential 1st round players to start watching

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If this team drafts a CB in round 1 we are really in bad shape. That’s an indictment on the 2 guys we drafted last year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Drafting a CB wouldn't be my first choice, but if the board breaks that way I wouldn't be against it. I'm all for adding talent at premium positions, and our current crop of guys isn't so bulletproof that I don't think we need to add more.

To be frank, I'm not even sold as Diggs as a good cover corner yet... he got beat a LOT, and while his ball skills are undeniable, picks are a high-variance stat. Imagine he gets 3 INTs next year but takes another 1000 yards of roasting. If that happens, we'll probably be looking high-round corners in the 2023 draft.

Kaiir Elam is a name I'll be watching in the 1st round. Man-coverage rocket who wants no part of tackling. Ran stride for stride with Jameson Williams and John Metchie no problem. He actually kind of reminds me of Kelvin Joseph. I haven't heard a lot of talk about him so far, but if he shows up to the Combine and posts a 40 time in the 4.3s, I bet that will change.

Same…I also think we have some expiring contract soon in Lewis and Brown so if CB is clear cut BPA make the pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this team drafts a CB in round 1 we are really in bad shape. That’s an indictment on the 2 guys we drafted last year.

It would be embarrassing. A total waste of resources. You drafted a guy high in round 2 and another in round 3. At a minimum you give the guys a chance to show what they can do on the field. They deserve at least a chance to sink or swim.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lie to yourself in whatever way you need. You got your awful cornerback idea rightly criticized (because it’s ridiculous) and you can’t handle it.

Go stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself why.

Lool, now you’re just lazily repeating what I said.

You’re spent.

“Guuuyz, we took Wright in the 3rd and invested a 4th rounder in Biadasz = we’re set at the corner and center position.”

If think taking the #6-7 OL over the #1-2 corner on the board is good personnel decisions making you’re as dumb as we know you to be.

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We should definitely trust this dunce’s opinion

D9-D1-D5-F9-1-F2-C-4-C44-8-D5-C-2905132-A3-B69.jpg
We name-calling now? Yikes. Calm down big fella

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lool, now you’re just lazily repeating what I said.

You’re spent.

“Guuuyz, we took Wright in the 3rd and invested a 4th rounder in Biadasz = we’re set at the corner and center position.”

It’s quite noticeable how you focus on Wright and never mention Joseph’s name. Reeks of desperation.

And who mentioned Biadasz? Is this your next desperate tactic when losing an argument. First, it’s to project. Followed up with Strawman arguments. You’ve got the playbook down.

If think taking the #6-7 OL over the #1-2 corner on the board is good personnel decisions making you’re as dumb as we know you to be.

Those are the only two options? You’re even more myopic that I thought. And who’s “we”? You and your imaginary friend?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s quite noticeable how you focus on Wright and never mention Joseph’s name. Reeks of desperation.

And who mentioned Biadasz? Is this your next desperate tactic when losing an argument. First, it’s to project. Followed up with Strawman arguments. You’ve got the playbook down.

Those are the only two options? You’re even more myopic that I thought. And who’s “we”? You and your imaginary friend?

Biadasz is just an extension of your bunk fuzzy logic.

“Drrrr, we just drafted Player X in this round so we’re set moving forward.

Don’t like it?

Don’t say stupid things.

As to Joseph, sure, I’m intrigued by his potential but I’m not holding my breath. Our cornerback depth is going to be churned. There’s a good chance Lewis (possibly Brown) won’t even be suiting up for the Cowboys in 2022.

Like I said, if the board falls a certain way and it comes down to a top 1-2 corner falling in our laps or a pick of the 6-7th best OL prospect, that decision is easy for those that have a modicum of intelligence.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biadasz is just an extension of your bunk fuzzy logic.

“Drrrr, we just drafted Player X in this round so we’re set moving forward.

Don’t like it?

Don’t say stupid things.

Wait. Now you’re going to try to me what my logic is?

Do tell…

Malhavoc

Reaction score
It would be embarrassing. A total waste of resources. You drafted a guy high in round 2 and another in round 3. At a minimum you give the guys a chance to show what they can do on the field. They deserve at least a chance to sink or swim.
Joseph is a talented kid. He’s got the skill set to start opposite Diggs. A small sample is what we got but I didn’t see anything to indicate he won’t be the guy. A team that almost entirely now builds through the draft can’t afford to miss on 2nd round picks. It ain’t good if we are drafting a CB in round 1. That would speak volumes about the guys they took last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joseph is a talented kid. He’s got the skill set to start opposite Diggs. A small sample is what we got but I didn’t see anything to indicate he won’t be the guy. A team that almost entirely now builds through the draft can’t afford to miss on 2nd round picks. It ain’t good if we are drafting a CB in round 1. That would speak volumes about the guys they took last year.

Joseph graded out very well when given an opportunity. And yet some are apparently dumb enough to want to use a first round pick on another one.

And right or wrong, they have to see what they got when they used that third rounder on Wright. He has to get a chance to sink or swim on the field.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We are reasonably deep at corner.

Much more than some other spots.

When you find starters through draft only, BPA has to head out the window and they will need to spread out the resources around different positions.

I'd be surprised if we took a CB at 24.

I wouldn't expect to be called names for saying that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We are reasonably deep at corner.

Much more than some other spots.

When you find starters through draft only, BPA has to head out the window and they will need to spread out the resources around different positions.

I'd be surprised if we took a CB at 24.

I wouldn't expect to be called names for saying that.

this^^^^^ especially potentially losing 6 starters to free agency. ( LBer, G, TE, DE, S and WR ). I'm guessing they would prioritize at least two of these positions over CB.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You tried anyway. And again failed miserably. Not only does your own argument suck, but then you try to attribute a false narrative someone else. A piece of work.

None needed. The facepalm is a given at this point.

Right, I pegged your lame perspective perfectly. You didn't like how it sounded when someone said it back to you and so your feelings got hurt.

You're out of your depth boy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, I pegged your lame perspective perfectly. You didn't like how it sounded when someone said it back to you and so your feelings got hurt.

You're out of your depth boy.

And you’re completely delusional.

You’ve gotten nothing right this entire discussion.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And you’re completely delusional.

You’ve gotten nothing right this entire discussion.

Right, when all else fails....deny....deny....deny.

Should we revisit your moronic takes on Parsons before the season started?

What are you even doing on this forum, lulz?

Every offseason you subject the draft forum to your dimwitted takes.