Most likely losing Moore next year

Loso86

Reaction score
Romo said it a couple times yesterday during the broadcast that there’s no way Moore doesn’t become a HC next year.

So, most of my close Cowboy friends here locally are not happy with McCarthy despite the success we’re having . We all are excited about Moore and agree with Romo that he will be highly sought after next year.

Hopefully we will name Moore our HC next year before someone else does.
Well it's his decision sooo let's just wait and see

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a place to cheer and a place to critique.

Some of us enjoy discussing and dissecting aspects of the game and events.

Even the coaches and players after celebrating victory show up on Monday’s to watch film and break down what worked and what they need to work on.
Depends on what it is...

You are referencing the players...

are they rueing the loss of Moore...already?.

Now reference some game film...and gain your credibility back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Depends on what it is...

You are referencing the players...

are they rueing the loss of Moore...already?.

Now reference some game film...and gain your credibility back.
I have another thread on discussing some of those game decisions. This thread is about Moore.

There’s many threads to pick and choose where to participate if this isn’t a topic of interest for you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lets see how well Moore looks when he inherits a roster with dismal offensive talent. You can draw up all the X's and O's you want but if you dont have the right personnel....
That’s all part of building a team. Rarely does a new HC inherit a talented team. That’s usually why the job is open.

Havic

Reaction score
That’s all part of building a team. Rarely does a new HC inherit a talented team. That’s usually why the job is open.

Yup, so lets see the type of success he has when the team hasn't already been built.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is actually a great compliment to Moore. And a big part of what Romo was saying yesterday.

He’s touting Moore as a hot commodity and potentially a highly sought after HC next year.

His words were basically , Moore won’t be here next year. I hadn’t heard anyone else say that publicly in such fashion. Made me take notice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yup, so lets see the type of success he has when the team hasn't already been built.
It would take time like anyone else .

Are we not going to celebrate the success he’s having and wish him well if his success creates a new opportunity elsewhere chasing his career goals.

Why does this have to be taken negatively?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t recall any bitterness when Dan Reeves and Ditka left or Norv Turner and Wannedstant left.

We should be happy for our coaches getting the opportunities. Last time we had a coord leave to get HC job was Payton.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s hope he does that. But who could blame him if he gets the opportunity.

Romo mentioned it during the game yesterday. Thought it is a worthwhile subject. Sorry it doesn’t interest you.
I never said it doesn't interest me so not sure why that is your angle,

I even said younger coaches seem to be the hot thing, again...not sure why are coming at me like that.,

We sucked with him for 4 years or so...failed QB, failed team,....but five games means he is a great head coach?

I'm just tapping the brakes. He's gonna be good....like Jon Gruden predicted. Can we give him one of two seasons as a successful OC first?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is not going to be popular, but I think we're in more danger of losing Quinn than Moore. As Moose said in his show last week, teams are looking for leaders of men, not just the new hotshot offensive playcaller. Moore will get his chance, but I think Dan Quinn is ready sooner. And another unpopular opinion, if we were to lose Big Mike, I'd rather promote Dan Quinn than Kellen Moore to HC. He has brought the toughness to this team that wasn't here during Kellen's runs.
Good points. Quinn has already had some success as HC. Much more qualified than Moore for sure.

Im thinking Daniels is in place when Bill retires which could be soon.

Maybe Moore will wait . We shall see who all comes calling next year.

Romo seemed certain though that Moore will be gone.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jerry will make him the highest paid coordinator in the league with a hand shake about becoming the head coach some day. Same thing he did with Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never said it doesn't interest me so not sure why that is your angle,

I even said younger coaches seem to be the hot thing, again...not sure why are coming at me like that.,

We sucked with him for 4 years or so...failed QB, failed team,....but five games means he is a great head coach?

I'm just tapping the brakes. He's gonna be good....like Jon Gruden predicted. Can we give him one of two seasons as a successful OC first?
I wasn’t coming at you. The subject matter didn’t seem of interest to you. No intentions . Moving on…

Romo’s comments yesterday caught my attention. Maybe Romo is an idiot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry will make him the highest paid coordinator in the league with a hand shake about becoming the head coach some day. Same thing he did with Garrett.
Make Moore “ the future of the Cowboys”.

Would we consider paying him more than Mikey? Lol

ESisback

Reaction score
He’s being harshly criticized for his 4th down boneheaded decisions .

It’s kind of funny. When things go well, it’s Moore. When they don’t, it’s McCarthy. And has anyone noticed? McCarthy’s fat!

I think Moore is very smart, and I’d wager he KNOWS that the best course of action is to wait another year. Gather more knowledge and experience to ensure better success in the future—finely paid in a place he knows, a place he’s appreciated. Why can’t Jerry say “You’re The One…in 2023!” Give him a big raise and the title Assistant HC.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn’t coming at you. The subject matter didn’t seem of interest to you. No intentions . Moving on…

Romo’s comments yesterday caught my attention. Maybe Romo is an idiot.
Nope..you were. Acting like you weren't...lol..passive aggressive is a cool thing

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
big difference from moore and that lame garrett. garrett is not even in the same league.