Most likely losing Moore next year

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Most HC positions that come open are on bad teams. Or the job wouldn’t be available. Unless someone is retiring.

That’s part of the attraction. To build it. And see it thru.

No doubt Jethro will throw more money at him but at some point everyone wants their shot at HC. All depends on what Moore wants.

The point Romo was making is Moore’s phone will be ringing.

And it was reported Moore extension was for 2 million a year. Some HC are signing closer to 10 million. McC deal was 5 years 30 million.
lol jerry is being cheap, only 2 mil for kellen and 6 mil a year for mike.
He will have to give kellen a big raise to keep him here. which he might if they get deep or to SB.

ESisback

Reaction score
lol jerry is being cheap, only 2 mil for kellen and 6 mil a year for mike.
He will have to give kellen a big raise to keep him here. which he might if they get deep or to SB.
Jerry has said he’d do anything. We’ve already seen that isn’t entirely true, because he won’t relinquish GM control. Only thing left is money, and he’s got enough.

“Hey Kellen! Assistant HC for 10 mill in 2022, and HC in 2023!” If he still says no, maybe he isn’t as smart as most of us think he is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s kind of funny. When things go well, it’s Moore. When they don’t, it’s McCarthy. And has anyone noticed? McCarthy’s fat!

I think Moore is very smart, and I’d wager he KNOWS that the best course of action is to wait another year. Gather more knowledge and experience to ensure better success in the future—finely paid in a place he knows, a place he’s appreciated. Why can’t Jerry say “You’re The One…in 2023!” Give him a big raise and the title Assistant HC.
Absolutely. That’s entirely possible even though McCarthy has a 5 year contract.

I’m just following Romo’s lead when he said Moore won’t be here next year as he expects Moore to be highly sought after.

We shall see but as our success continues we know from prior history in successful seasons and eras our asst coaches will be pursued by other teams .

This shouldn’t be considered a negative . We should celebrate the success of our coaches and wish them well in their endeavors. That’s how Romo presented it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
KM is not ready to be a HC in the NFL. Any team that would hire him in that capacity would regret it. He is outstanding at what he is doing right now and that's where the Cowboys want him to stay. Maybe Jerry can give Kellen some monetary incentive to do so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
KM is not ready to be a HC in the NFL. Any team that would hire him in that capacity would regret it. He is outstanding at what he is doing right now and that's where the Cowboys want him to stay. Maybe Jerry can give Kellen some monetary incentive to do so.
Tony Romo didn’t mention whether he thought Moore was ready or not. Just that he expected him to be pursued by other teams .

And emphatically said he wouldn’t be here next year. That’s what got my attention.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Romo said it a couple times yesterday during the broadcast that there’s no way Moore doesn’t become a HC next year.

So, most of my close Cowboy friends here locally are not happy with McCarthy despite the success we’re having . We all are excited about Moore and agree with Romo that he will be highly sought after next year.

Hopefully we will name Moore our HC next year before someone else does.
Hope we don't lose Moore

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Tony Romo didn’t mention whether he thought Moore was ready or not. Just that he expected him to be pursued by other teams .

And emphatically said he wouldn’t be here next year. That’s what got my attention.
Your Romo worship has got you blinded again. That's all this is. If Romo says it, it must be true, in your eyes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your Romo worship has got you blinded again. That's all this is. If Romo says it, it must be true, in your eyes.
Romo worship. Lol
Obviously you haven’t followed me over the years.

Not sure why Romo’s comments aren’t taken in the positive nature of their intentions ?

What was your take on Romo’s comments ?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo said it a couple times yesterday during the broadcast that there’s no way Moore doesn’t become a HC next year.

So, most of my close Cowboy friends here locally are not happy with McCarthy despite the success we’re having . We all are excited about Moore and agree with Romo that he will be highly sought after next year.

Hopefully we will name Moore our HC next year before someone else does.
Maybe

It seems a year or two early still, but the hires are getting younger every year.

Romo was a bit over the top on Sunday with all of his Cowboys comments. As if he wanted to be a homer for a change. I'm sure he took heat from other fan bases for it, but it mostly sounded sincere.

There arent any huge hot seats right now.

Some think, Brian Flores (Miami), Joe Judge (Giants), and Matt Nagy (Bears) are at least a bit on the hot seat.
Hard to say with Urban Meyer since this is year 1.

The Bears job might be good. Moore would be great for Justin Fields, plus Aaron Rodgers is going to leave the Packers sooner than later.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Romo worship. Lol
Obviously you haven’t followed me over the years.

Not sure why Romo’s comments aren’t taken in the positive nature of their intentions ?

What was your take on Romo’s comments ?
I was at the game so I did not hear Romo's comments. But having been informed by you what he said I still don't think KM is ready to be a HC and think Jerry will give KM some monetary incentive to stay where he is.

Reactions: G2

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was at the game so I did not hear Romo's comments. But having been informed by you what he said I still don't think KM is ready to be a HC and think Jerry will give KM some monetary incentive to stay where he is.
I appreciate your comments.

I’m not sure if he’s ready yet either. But that wasn’t the basis of Romo’s comments.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no way Jones lets Moore go somewhere else. And why would he? Eventually he's going to get to be HC for Dallas. Why go to a trashed franchise?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don’t fans think if we have success our asst coaches will be pursued by other teams?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I appreciate your comments.

I’m not sure if he’s ready yet either. But that wasn’t the basis of Romo’s comments.
You are still giving way too much credence to what Romo said. Furthermore, it doesn't matter because, as I already said, Mr. Jones will give KM a monetary incentive to say right where he is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are still giving way too much credence to what Romo said. Furthermore, it doesn't matter because, as I already said, Mr. Jones will give KM a monetary incentive to say right where he is.
I’m just providing or expanding on his comments.

I’m proud of Moore. And I thought Romo’s comments were very positive. And with the success we are having should expect our coaching staff to be pursued by other teams. It’s the nature of the NFL.

Not sure why this is being taken in a negative context.

And it’s pure speculation how this could go either way. But I think Romo made it pretty clear there will be interest in Moore. Will see how it plays out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m just providing or expanding on his comments.

I’m proud of Moore. And I thought Romo’s comments were very positive. And with the success we are having should expect our coaching staff to be pursued by other teams. It’s the nature of the NFL.

Not sure why this is being taken in a negative context.

And it’s pure speculation how this could go either way. But I think Romo made it pretty clear there will be interest in Moore. Will see how it plays out.
Romo's comment should have gone in one ear and out the other. But it resonated with you, because you worship him, just own it. Moore is not ready to be a head coach in the NFL. Who needs to tell you that so that you believe it. It obviously means nothing to you when I say it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo's comment should have gone in one ear and out the other. But it resonated with you, because you worship him, just own it. Moore is not ready to be a head coach in the NFL. Who needs to tell you that so that you believe it. It obviously means nothing to you when I say it.
Moore has taken a big step forward with regard to OC. We'll see how things end up this season, but I'd imagine another year as OC to groom him for HC. McCarthy gets to ride off into the sunset or maybe takes an admin job.
Romo's comment is irrelevant, it's just a gripping point to start a thread.
Anyone who thinks Moore isn't coveted in Dallas, so much that Jones will pay him whatever, isn't admitting that Moore is the Jones' project and darling. I would be VERY surprised if they don't keep him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore has taken a big step forward with regard to OC. We'll see how things end up this season, but I'd imagine another year as OC to groom him for HC. McCarthy gets to ride off into the sunset or maybe takes an admin job.
Anyone who thinks Moore isn't coveted in Dallas, so much that Jones will pay him whatever, isn't admitting that Moore is the Jones' project and darling. I would be VERY surprised if they don't keep him.
About Romo's comment. I've seen quite a few of his precalls on plays wrong as well. Some assume that he has some inside track with owners and GM's because he's a color guy on CBS?

That's nothing more than his opinion but he stated that as more fact.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You said it... Moore is coveted in Dallas. The Jones Boys are invested in KM's future. There is simply no way they just let him walk to another team. People need to understand this before they start their foolish talk about Km taking a HC job somewhere else.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
About Romo's comment. I've seen quite a few of his precalls on plays wrong as well. Some assume that he has some inside track with owners and GM's because he's a color guy on CBS?

That's nothing more than his opinion but he stated that as more fact.
People should know better, other's are just being obtuse.