Most Memorable Movie of the Decade

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
DFWJC;2844104 said:
Yeah...Hollywood would do anything to downplay that movie. They refused to fund it and did all in their power to make it fail. Now they for sure will not be giving it any post mortem kudos. If anything, Hollywood is extremely anti-Christian....not anti-religion at all....just anti-Christian. In fact, I think it is written law in Hollywood to produce at least one film per year on religious persecuton of the Jewish faith....and many Halocaust-related movies have been excellent. There are just very transparent reasons why movies related to Christianity find it so hard to get funding there....but I don't want to turn this into a discussion on religion or politics.

So back to the movies.

This is true.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Temo;2844183 said:
I had high hopes for M. Night Shyamalan after Sixth Sense, though those hope started dying soon after and finally went down for good after the travesty of "The Happening".

I'm one of the few who still has faith in Shyamalan. I enjoyed the Sixth Sense, and absolutely adored Signs.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2846976 said:
I'm one of the few who still has faith in Shyamalan. I enjoyed the Sixth Sense, and absolutely adored Signs.

Signs was the worst movie in history. This idiot was the only farmer in the country without a shotgun? Yes ****** brother..Hit it wath a baseball bat! And the aliens...Oh! Water kills us, let's go invade that Blue planet with all the WATER! Pure crapola. And "The Happening". Mother nature stricks back!

What innane stupidy.

Sorry for the rant...:eek::

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Most memorable?

Easy...ESPN's Erin Andrews doing her hair while wearing her birthday suit...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CliffnMesquite;2847018 said:
Signs was the worst movie in history. This idiot was the only farmer in the country without a shotgun? Yes ****** brother..Hit it wath a baseball bat! And the aliens...Oh! Water kills us, let's go invade that Blue planet with all the WATER! Pure crapola. And "The Happening". Mother nature stricks back!

What innane stupidy.

Well, Mel Gibson was an ex-priest so that would explain not having a shotgun, but everything else you mentioned is pure gold! Loved it! :lmao2:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;2847018 said:

What innane stupidy.

I've never seen The Happening; therefore, I can't comment on it.

But I think you're missing the mark with Signs. Every movie, especially ones with a science fiction or horror bent, have seeming inconsistencies within the plot. The new Star Trek movie was riddled with them.

In my opinion, Signs is about the idiosyncrasies that make us human and that, even though they are often regarded as weaknesses or failings on the surface, are sources of inner strength.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
The 00's have been dogpoop as far as memorable movies go. I haven't seen one film this decade that I would consider really "memorable", except for maybe Wall-E.

Some other films I have seen this decade that I have liked a great deal, but not really ones I would consider to be memorable classics are the Bourne Trilogy, The Rookie, and the two Daniel Craig Bond flicks.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2847307 said:

But I think you're missing the mark with Signs. Every movie, especially ones with a science fiction or horror bent, have seeming inconsistencies within the plot. The new Star Trek movie was riddled with them.

In my opinion, Signs is about the idiosyncrasies that make us human and that, even though they are often regarded as weaknesses or failings on the surface, are sources of inner strength.

Perhaps. But in signs the inconsistencies were major plot devices. I also liked The Sixth sence it was a great film. But after that, it was like they gave a 12 year old a movie camera and $100,000.00 and said ...Here son, go play in the yard.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2847307 said:

They should have called that movie "The Cigar Store Indians"...because the wooden performances were abundant.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Artie Lange;2847374 said:
They should have called that movie "The Cigar Store Indians"...because the wooden performances were abundant.

:lmao:

Was that the one with Marky Mark?

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;2847321 said:
Perhaps. But in signs the inconsistencies were major plot devices. I also liked The Sixth sence it was a great film. But after that, it was like they gave a 12 year old a movie camera and $100,000.00 and said ...Here son, go play in the yard.

I absolutely hate Shyamalan. Sixth Sense was pretty good but everything since I can't stand, and after the Village, I'll never watch another one of his movies.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2844948 said:
Please. You know it was a movie about Christianity and a disputed issue between Jews and Christians. It is just plain ignorant to say "well, it was about a Jew"

I don't think POTC was anti-Semitic to Jews in general, I think it retold a story based on the Bible, which targeted a specific set of Jews, and that was the Pharisees, the corrupt priests of the temple, who were regarded as the enemies of Jesus.

As for Hollywood being anti-religion, and anti-Christian specifically, I think there is ample evidence in films to support this conclusion. I'm not even Christian, and I get disturbed by the amount of blatant anti-Christian rants that go on in films.

I think LOTR will be talked about for a long time. All of the movies were critically acclaimed, the last one winning the most Oscars ever I think, and they adhered to one of the most popular books in history quite faithfully.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Another movie I thought was well done and memorable is Apocalypto. Not "most memorable" but worth mentioning imo.

Temo

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;2847662 said:
I absolutely hate Shyamalan. Sixth Sense was pretty good but everything since I can't stand, and after the Village, I'll never watch another one of his movies.

I thought parts of "The Village" were very well done. It was refreshing to see a horror movie that didn't have to rely on grotesque images and the ever-popular "person looking into a mirror seeing something disturbing" shtick that every director does now.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Temo;2847769 said:
I thought parts of "The Village" were very well done. It was refreshing to see a horror movie that didn't have to rely on grotesque images and the ever-popular "person looking into a mirror seeing something disturbing" shtick that every director does now.

The first Twenty minutes was okay. Then I figured out was happening.