News: Most reasonable article out there on Gregory situation

ShortRound

Reaction score
From what I understand Gregory benefitted from Jerry Jones patience in the past. You would think Gregory and his agent would give that consideration back.

Dre11

Reaction score
Why was Dak exempted if its common boilerplate language in all their contracts?

It cant be both ways. It cant be that this is typical boilerplate language that is found in the CBA itself and is in all of Dallas's contracts, but yet Dak is excluded.

How can Dak be excluded if its from the CBA itself? Something does not add up here.

Dak may be still bound by cba, but just didn't have it in the Cowboys contract.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Dak may be still bound by cba, but just didn't have it in the Cowboys contract.

Because Dak's agent probably knows what he is doing and negotiated the clause out of the contract. Some have reported that the Cowboys were willing to discuss this with Rd but by that time the agent had RD already whipped into a frenzy that he just walked away from the Cowboys.

The agent WANTED him in Denver, probably had a side deal with the Denver.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So between all the Twitters and the fake Fish News, It sounds like the true story is getting mixed up. If you haven’t seen this link, this sounds like what truly happened with the Gregory signing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ion-of-decision-to-ditch-cowboys-for-broncos/

Cowboys did try to add something that wasn’t reasonable, not normal, and doesn’t sound like Stephen Jones is much of a negotiator. I would say ‘if the Cowboys even intended on keeping him,’ but if Jerry Jones was having to personally get involved then yes, the Cowboys did want to keep him and blew this. I know a lot of fans did not trust him, but the Broncos honestly signed him for cheap versus what decent pass rushers get on the market.

bahahahhahahah... please. THe Broncos signed him for cheap? Yet if he signed with us for the EXACT same amount, which is what Cowboys offer was, you and 85% of the people on this board would be calling Jerry an idiot for over paying... but when Denver does the signing, it was a bargain?? BS

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So between all the Twitters and the fake Fish News, It sounds like the true story is getting mixed up. If you haven’t seen this link, this sounds like what truly happened with the Gregory signing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ion-of-decision-to-ditch-cowboys-for-broncos/

Cowboys did try to add something that wasn’t reasonable, not normal, and doesn’t sound like Stephen Jones is much of a negotiator. I would say ‘if the Cowboys even intended on keeping him,’ but if Jerry Jones was having to personally get involved then yes, the Cowboys did want to keep him and blew this. I know a lot of fans did not trust him, but the Broncos honestly signed him for cheap versus what decent pass rushers get on the market.
Its all legal for Gregory, he is like a kid in a candy store and he cant wait to try his first 90 percent live resin vape.

btcutter

Reaction score
How can you blame Gregory for taking the money that has no "ifs" on it??
For NFL players this money suppose to last a lifetime which if often don't.
He did give JJ a chance to match the offer. Whatever JJ did in the past was also in the interest of the Cowboys. If Gregory didn't have talent JJ wouldn't have kept him around.

End of the day...it's a business on both sides.

elcowboi

Reaction score
I'm loving the fan reaction more than ever this off-season. Full blown sky is falling mode. Every year is the same thing.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the and of the day, If Gregory and his agent wanted him to be in Dallas he’d be in Dallas.

conversely, if Cap Boy and Paternity Boy wanted RG to be a Cowboy in 2022, they would have gotten the deal done, contract language be damned.

semantics aside, Agent and player ultimately preferred Denver, and Cowboys wanted the player but only on their terms.
Yup. Money talks and BS walks.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
bahahahhahahah... please. THe Broncos signed him for cheap? Yet if he signed with us for the EXACT same amount, which is what Cowboys offer was, you and 85% of the people on this board would be calling Jerry an idiot for over paying... but when Denver does the signing, it was a bargain?? BS

Already explained my view and what I felt was too much in a previous reply here. Mid-20s guaranteed definitely not an overpay for a guy that could easily get 10 sacks if he plays the whole year. Not too bothered though because of his history. Randy will always be a gamble.

Merlin

Reaction score
If Fish is right and it's in the CBA, it doesn't matter if it's in the contract or not. The CBA would take precedent.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Hard to imagine any situation where a player is an offense away from another long suspension not resulting in a clause protecting the team. you don't have that in most contracts because you really don't have many players in situations like Gregory where they are playing at a high level despite numerous suspensions.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I have no issue with what went down from either side. Adios Randy. But now that it’s done what are you going to do ? Retreat into a corner or go out there and aggressively pursue making the team better.

kumizi

Reaction score
This clause is the same clause that led to Roquan Smith holding out as a rookie with the Bears, because they tried to add it in. It is not a standard clause in NFL contracts.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Its all legal for Gregory, he is like a kid in a candy store and he cant wait to try his first 90 percent live resin vape.
He can't smoke cause he's still under the old protocol. He's still under drug testing. The new rule on Marijuana only applies to players who didn't test dirty prior to the new agreement.