Most rushing yards. Hoffman at OC

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys 2023 game with the most rushing yards was the game that Hoffman started at Center.

The RG in that game was Bass (Martin out).

Hoffman's other start was at OG. That was the 6th best game with regards to rushing yards.
Yup. I remember as much and said Center can be addressed in later rounds. Hoffman did okay the few times he played in 2023. Too bad very few posters around here know what they are watching or do any research before they post their disgruntled diatribe.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yup. I remember as much and said Center can be addressed in later rounds. Hoffman did okay the few times he played in 2023. Too bad very few posters around here know what they are watching or do any research before they post their disgruntled diatribe.
In defense of the posters we listen to Broaddus who swears if we replace Tyler B. with one of the highly rated centers, the Cowboys will be ok. I for one believe we need a true X receiver to get the safety out the box and away from CeeDee then force the 3rd cornerback to cover Cooks. This will also free up Ferguson.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In defense of the posters we listen to Broaddus who swears if we replace Tyler B. with one of the highly rated centers, the Cowboys will be ok. I for one believe we need a true X receiver to get the safety out the box and away from CeeDee then force the 3rd cornerback to cover Cooks. This will also free up Ferguson.
Broaddus. He knows certain things, but he also lacks with other football stuff.

Agree 100% on badly needing a top WR2 to truly help open things up for CeeDee. Imagine if the Cowboys had Texas WR Xavier Worthy and how we could use him? Whoa, we would have our own Tyreek Hill but faster...and could use him in various ways to open up this offense even more and help not only CeeDee but our running game.

CWR

Reaction score
Hey, I'm plenty disgruntled, but I never crapped on the face painter. I have high hopes, although this team often crushes my hopes and dreams.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Cowboys 2023 game with the most rushing yards was the game that Hoffman started at Center.

Hoffman's other start was at OG. That was the 6th best game with regards to rushing yards.
Hoffman scored high with PFF. I think he and Bass might be the answer. If an olineman is there at 24, fine,draft him if hes the best player on the board,but no need to overdraft a guy. Just take the BPA. I think we are ok at oline. We have Asim Richards as well. I like him as a swing tackle. What we better do is find a good linebacker,db ,and DT/edge. For me, I rather draft Ray Davis in a trade down scenario in rd 1. Meaning trade back to like 31, or back to early rd 2, then take him. Hes a stud. He can mask many weaknesses on the defense if we can run the ball good. KEEP THE D OFF THE FIELD as much as possible.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Broaddus. He knows certain things, but he also lacks with other football stuff.

Agree 100% on badly needing a top WR2 to truly help open things up for CeeDee. Imagine if the Cowboys had Texas WR Xavier Worthy and how we could use him? Whoa, we would have our own Tyreek Hill but faster...and could use him in various ways to open up this offense even more and help not only CeeDee but our running game.
I am with you that unless it’s an elite offensive tackle prospect at 24 we should stay away from offensive linemen in the first round. I love Barton but I still think we need a true playmaker on offense. Two playmakers if we include running back.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Then we trade down and clearly go WR or something that makes Zimmer happy! Oh our assistant coach, maybe a CB lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am with you that unless it’s an elite offensive tackle prospect at 24 we should stay away from offensive linemen in the first round. I love Barton but I still think we need a true playmaker on offense. Two playmakers if we include running back.
RAY DAVIS. Trade back, draft him. If not him, we can get Jaylen Wright. Davis is elite. He can catch like a wr, runs like a bull with speed and power.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Not saying he won't be good or bad but it's one game. Too many people judge a player off of one game. Sample size is waaay too small.

Rayman70

Reaction score
CB is a bigger need than many think. Cant rule that out in rd 1. Nate Wiggins and TJ Tampa have been talking to the team alot. Diggs might not be himself in 2024. PLUS we need dbs.

tm1119

Reaction score

You left out the part about his only start was vs the team that allowed the most rushing yards in the nfl last year

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we don’t draft C or C/G combo early, it means Cowboys saw enough from Hoffman in his starts and in practice vs #1 defense.
If we don’t draft a LT in round 1, it likely means Tyler Smith is moving to LT this year.

Personally, I think we want LT starter. If unavailable, I think we go C/G in round 1 as we will be desperate for depth as Tyler moves to LT and we need someone who can backup or step in at G or C.

If the LT and C prospects are not top value or capable of playing this year, We may go DT as one of the top guys will likely have dropped in our laps.

Ideally, we move to the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2, acquiring extra day 2 picks IF a top OL isn’t there.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoffman scored high with PFF. I think he and Bass might be the answer. If an olineman is there at 24, fine,draft him if hes the best player on the board,but no need to overdraft a guy. Just take the BPA. I think we are ok at oline. We have Asim Richards as well. I like him as a swing tackle. What we better do is find a good linebacker,db ,and DT/edge. For me, I rather draft Ray Davis in a trade down scenario in rd 1. Meaning trade back to like 31, or back to early rd 2, then take him. Hes a stud. He can mask many weaknesses on the defense if we can run the ball good. KEEP THE D OFF THE FIELD as much as possible.
He actually scored pretty badly with PFF. 54.3 run blocking grade, 57 pass blocking.