Most rushing yards. Hoffman at OC

RonWashington

Reaction score
I want JPJ the Center taken round one at 24 but I saw a mock he’s gone at 15 to Seattle . This mock had the Pokes taking the mammoth Georgia tackle at 24 Mims . 340 Lbs of gristle .

If he was a mailman my Johnny Rocco dog would have a lot to go after . It would not break my heart to give Steele real competition in camp and put Tyler Smith back at LT where he belongs .

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I like Bass at guard slide Smith back to Tackle .
I'm starting to think move Martin to left tackle......that's where he played @ Notre dame....And your paying him like a left tackle. But I would like to see Bass somewhere....starting. He just creates lanes in the run game.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I'm starting to think move Martin to left tackle......that's where he played @ Notre dame....And your paying him like a left tackle. But I would like to see Bass somewhere....starting. He just creates lanes in the run game.

Liked what I saw of Bass last season .

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys 2023 game with the most rushing yards was the game that Hoffman started at Center.

The RG in that game was Bass (Martin out).

Hoffman's other start was at OG. That was the 6th best game with regards to rushing yards.
AZ game yes? and another as well they aren't as bad of an option to replace some of our Line needs also add in Richards could develop. We aren't as desperate as folks here say as they have drafted OL the last few years.

they have solid options of they dont add any before the first game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
As good as JPJ might be, he's not gonna equate wins when the defense is built the way it currently is. Best thing we can do is roll with the Hoffman's of the world and go d heavy in the draft. One caveat is, drafting a stud RB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
People in here talking WR or CB in first round??? You people are insane
there are three positions of need that can be BPA that would be middle linebacker defensive tackle or offensive center.. So if you have a really high grade on those three positions you got to pick the one that's going to help your team as day 1 starter.. I mean if there's a dynamic player in those mix of three that's what you take but yeah receiver/ corner is not even in my top 4 you literally got to get a running back probably in the second or third round because we need a dynamic running back...

so yeah those two positions you say you're seeing far from our needs or wants, I mean we should be set there depends on if we bring back Gilmore or not but there are dudes out there, we can pick up but I believe they're going to bring back Gilmore.. But a lot of teams would love to have Trayvon Diggs, bland, and even Lewis and somebody else on our team that might be ready if Gilmore doesn't come back I mean they'll figure that out.. also at WR-TE Lamb and Cooks with Furgeson we have targets...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Also don't don't we still have L.Collins on the practice squad or did they release him or did they bring him in on futures?? He could be a good swing guy but I do like the little young group of offensive lineman on this team more than some of y'all...

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I like Hoffman, particularly his size for Center. My problem with that is the cerebral side of things, and that's why one of the 3 centers should be a priority for us. JPJ is, of course the want, he has both optimal size and brains. Frazier and Barton are both options as well but slightly smaller.
I would prefer to keep Smith at LG, - he's an all pro !
Center/ LT in a small trade down or stick and choose whichever would be plug and play.
Too many needs, not enough quality picks to round out the team.
Resign the QB or not, it's gonna be a suck year no matter how the Joneses try to spin it !!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
As good as JPJ might be, he's not gonna equate wins when the defense is built the way it currently is. Best thing we can do is roll with the Hoffman's of the world and go d heavy in the draft. One caveat is, drafting a stud RB.
:hammer: :popcorn:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Broaddus. He knows certain things, but he also lacks with other football stuff.

Agree 100% on badly needing a top WR2 to truly help open things up for CeeDee. Imagine if the Cowboys had Texas WR Xavier Worthy and how we could use him? Whoa, we would have our own Tyreek Hill but faster...and could use him in various ways to open up this offense even more and help not only CeeDee but our running game.
Worthy could be D. Jackson type prospect, sign me up.

Creeper

Reaction score
:clap:Don't understand the thinking of moving Tyler to LT. He's an ALL-Pro LG like you said. Moving him to LT creates another question mark......how good will he be? We KNOW he's a damn good LG. Moving him creates three questions ( LT, LG and C ) on the OLine. Something else also, if you leave Tyler at LG, I'm not sure you need a blue chip center coz he playing between TWO ALL-Pro guards ( Martin and Tyler ). He should have plenty of help......

In fact, per PFF, he finished the season with the highest grade among LGs

Just me........but draft your future LT
Let's see how the draft goes. Then we need to see how the draftees play in preseason. If we draft an OT and he is an offensive Taco, then we need to find another option. If that's Tyler Smith then play him there.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So we’re keeping it the same as Biadasz then…? :thumbup:
It’s the off-season…

But Hoffman was a scrub in college ball.

Not even drafted.

No awards in college ball.

And Fans expect him to play at the same level as Biadasz?

Or TFred?

#Scrub

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I like Hoffman, particularly his size for Center. My problem with that is the cerebral side of things, and that's why one of the 3 centers should be a priority for us. JPJ is, of course the want, he has both optimal size and brains. Frazier and Barton are both options as well but slightly smaller.
I would prefer to keep Smith at LG, - he's an all pro !
Center/ LT in a small trade down or stick and choose whichever would be plug and play.
Too many needs, not enough quality picks to round out the team.
Resign the QB or not, it's gonna be a suck year no matter how the Joneses try to spin it !!!
He was the 68th ranked C in the draft.

1942willys

Reaction score
Hense he remains the backup, not the starter.....
As has been pointed out he was nothing special at all in college; never stood out there. Yet he is supposed to be a good starter in the NFL?
He was not heavily recruited out of high school; not like he was buried on the depth charts of Alabama. so all this talk is just plain crazy.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
As has been pointed out he was nothing special at all in college; never stood out there. Yet he is supposed to be a good starter in the NFL?
He was not heavily recruited out of high school; not like he was buried on the depth charts of Alabama. so all this talk is just plain crazy.
Reading comprehension is required, read what you highlighted. BACKUP !

1942willys

Reaction score
Reading comprehension is required, read what you highlighted. BACKUP !
I added the second part but my point still stands. A player that has never distinguished himself anywhere at any level is supposed to be our savior at Center?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
In defense of the posters we listen to Broaddus who swears if we replace Tyler B. with one of the highly rated centers, the Cowboys will be ok. I for one believe we need a true X receiver to get the safety out the box and away from CeeDee then force the 3rd cornerback to cover Cooks. This will also free up Ferguson.
Teams were playing 2 high vs Dallas most of the season and daring Dallas to run the ball and they still couldn't.

I don't center is the only reason but it is a step in the right direction.