Twitter: Most rushing yards per attempt

jnday

Reaction score
It really is unfortunate that both guys are injured. I would have liked to see if Pollard could handle 25-30 carries. Now the foot injury just makes me nervous.
I think Pollard’s college and pro coaches would like to see him carry the ball 25-30 times a game, but he has never been able to carry that kind of workload. He is a very effective change of pace RB that can produce good good yardage if he is used correctly. I don’t see the fascination with trying to make him into something that he is not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard would be good as a starter if used similar to Karma (Saints) or Aaron Jones (GB).
- Kamara never has more had than 200 rushing attempts per season.
- Aaron Jones is has never had more than 236 rushing attempts in a season and is normally below 200.

Pair Pollard up with a hammer like AJ Dillon is paired with Aaron Jones in GB.

With the Cowboys it's the opposite. The starter is the battering ram and Pollard is the big play RB.

Exactly.

I don’t want to sound like Zeke shouldn’t have a role on this team because bringing in a bruiser like him when the other team is worn down is the way to go.

But 1st down on our own 25 yard line and Zeke comes trotting out on the field is not the way.

Start thinking about using Zeke in short yardage situations and when we cross the 50. (But please still give Pollard redzone work between the 20 & 10 yard line)

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Exactly…

Also, Pollard is a 6’0 210-215 pound back. He’s a good size RB.

Does he finish runs like Zeke? No… But he’s still elite when it comes to Yards After Contact. He’s not some easy guy to bring down.

These are narratives people had when he was drafted that just aren’t true today.

Pollard needs 70% of the work.

Pollard has never seen 6' in his life. Typical NFL padded stat.

jnday

Reaction score
Yall will eventually turn on Pollard too.
All it would take is to make him the starter and his production would go down just like Barber’s and Felix Jones’s production went down when they started. The ideal of having a change of pace RB that comes in after a power RB softens the defense up is not something most fans can comprehend.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think Pollard’s college and pro coaches would like to see him carry the ball 25-30 times a game, but he has never been able to carry that kind of workload. He is a very effective change of pace RB that can produce good good yardage if he is used correctly. I don’t see the fascination with trying to make him into something that he is not.
Because Elliott is injured and I'd like the argument settled. Many keep saying Pollard is the better RB, but we haven't seen it but maybe here and there.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
All it would take is to make him the starter and his production would go down just like Barber’s and Felix Jones’s production went down when they started. The ideal of having a change of pace RB that comes in after a power RB softens the defense up is not something most fans can comprehend.
It’s not that we can’t comprehend it. Sure, it sounds football logical, but it’s just not actually happening. Zeke isn’t softening anything and Pollard is still being effective. As a matter of fact, Pollard is helping soften up the defense for Zeke. How many times has Zeke swooped in for the short yard TD after Pollard helped drive the team into the red zone? It’s happened multiple times for sure.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Because Elliott is injured and I'd like the argument settled. Many keep saying Pollard is the better RB, but we haven't seen it but maybe here and there.
Pollard was also injured on Sunday, yet was still more effective.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s not that we can’t comprehend it. Sure, it sounds football logical, but it’s just not actually happening. Zeke isn’t softening anything and Pollard is still being effective. As a matter of fact, Pollard is helping soften up the defense for Zeke. How many times has Zeke swooped in for the short yard TD after Pollard helped drive the team into the red zone? It’s happened multiple times for sure.

That is just typical Cowboys fan thinking because something happened in the past here it will happen again.

If he were a Saints fan he’d say Pollard is Kamara and Zeke is Mark Ingram.

The problem with these types is while Pollard evolved and got better their opinion didn’t evolve.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That is just typical Cowboys fan thinking because something happened in the past here it will happen again.

If he were a Saints fan he’d say Pollard is Kamara and Zeke is Mark Ingram.

The problem with these types is while Pollard evolved and got better their opinion didn’t evolve.
Types? Pollard is getting more touches, but he's not lighting the world on fire. He is who he is.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
We should be running more 2 RB formations with both players.

I also think Dak should be running more himself.

The lone RB bell cow system hasn't won us beans in 25 years. So to praise it like it has makes no Logical sense.

When 3rd or 4th and 1 comes during critical moments with the season on the Line we got eliminated every single time.

If we had Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders we still wouldn't put them both on the field at the same time.

Ignorant coaching 101

Both of these rbs are fairly equal running up the middle. Where Pollard dominates is hitting the outside corners with his burst.

We should be calling more pitches to Pollard with Zeke doing all that great blocking that some of ya are talking about. It's a bigger element of surprise having 3 runners out of the backfield than 1 lone back

Zeke's already gotten paid so it's about winning not who is better

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I would take 3 RBs averaging 5 yards a carry rather than 1 getting 4 ypc. This assumption we need one RB to consistently be able to run 20-30 times per game is eye rolling to me. I will take 3 giving me 10 carries each if we are more efficient at it.

Problem is you won't be. Nobody is assuming you needs one RB to do anything.. Go back through the annals of modern football and find me all the teams that had three RBs averaging 5 ypc. You won't find any because games very often dictate that you need a guy who can get you tough yards. One yard on 3rd and 1 with the entire defense stacked to stop you. You can't survive just on dessert.. Sometimes you gonna have to have a full meal.. You can't consistently win games with backs who lose yards on a large percentage of their carries just because they deliver a big play now and again.. Just ask Barry Sanders how that worked out for his career. Sure he created some amazing highlights.. but he also lost over 3000 yards over the course of his career.. That's a lotta 2nd and 15s. I would also posit that a guy who has 60 yards on 14 carries by getting 15 yards on 12 carries augmented by 2 carries for 50 yards is less efficient than a guy who got those same 65 yards on the same 14 carries but did it with a steady diet of 3, 4 and 5 yard runs. One moves the chains.. the other gives way to the punter a lot more.. But dig them two highlight runs!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Types? Pollard is getting more touches, but he's not lighting the world on fire. He is who he is.
But Zeke is supposed to be lighting the world on fire and he isn’t. Yes, I know all the supposed reasons as to why it isn’t Zeke’s fault…stacked boxes, game plans, play calling, Dak sucks
Problem is you won't be. Nobody is assuming you needs one RB to do anything.. Go back through the annals of modern football and find me all the teams that had three RBs averaging 5 ypc. You won't find any because games very often dictate that you need a guy who can get you tough yards. One yard on 3rd and 1 with the entire defense stacked to stop you. You can't survive just on dessert.. Sometimes you gonna have to have a full meal.. You can't consistently win games with backs who lose yards on a large percentage of their carries just because they deliver a big play now and again.. Just ask Barry Sanders how that worked out for his career. Sure he created some amazing highlights.. but he also lost over 3000 yards over the course of his career.. That's a lotta 2nd and 15s. I would also posit that a guy who has 60 yards on 14 carries by getting 15 yards on 12 carries augmented by 2 carries for 50 yards is less efficient than a guy who got those same 65 yards on the same 14 carries but did it with a steady diet of 3, 4 and 5 yard runs. One moves the chains.. the other gives way to the punter a lot more.. But dig them two highlight runs!!
The Cleveland Browns are very close right now.

That said, ya’lls problem is you’d still prefer an inefficient Zeke over a more productive one. Why? I haven’t a clue. There is always some reason Zeke isn’t a beast and some reason he is being outperformed and some of you find that acceptable. Oh, and in Cleveland, their bell cow is highly efficient. Browns fans don’t need to make excuses for him .

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Barry Sanders didn't have 3 great wrs a great oline or good teams either. Neither did Earl Campbell. They were basically playing 11 against 1 every week and still led the league in rushing every year. Either woulda left emmitt in the dust statswise if they played on his teams. They had to create their own holes so all the negative plays weren't their fault. It was a team or Oline problem

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
In 1990s, I would agree. Are “bell cows” winning SBs still? I would have to look but I can’t recall the last bell cow to win off the top of my head.

i’m not advocating for a bell cow, i’m just saying having multiple backs doesn’t mean they’ll all perform well. obviously having several hitting over 5 ypc would before he got injured and then treated Fournette the same way. Chiefs used Damien Williams that way in the playoffs and super bowl, eagles and blount, broncos and cj miller etc etc

other than NE though recently the bucs treated Ronald Jones as a bell cow before he