Most under appreciated Cowboy of all time?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
xwalker;4422048 said:
I'll give Dale Hellestrae the edge over L.P. since he has 3 Super Bowl rings. LOL...

Dale Hellestrae went 13 regular seasons without a bad snap (11 with the Cowboys and 2 with Buffalo, he had one bad snap with the Bills in his first season with them).

I ran the numbers on that one time and it was incredible! An average of about 10 deep snaps per game between FGs, XPs, and punts comes out to over 2000 perfect snaps!

To snap a football between your legs 8-12 yards deep and hit a spot smaller than a basketball goal over 2000 times in a row is phenomenal!

He did have a bad snap in a playoff game for us... once.

Greatest long-snapper EVER!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Herschel Walker. There would be no 90s dynasty without him - in more ways than one.

wittenacious

Reaction score
xwalker;4422048 said:
I'll give Dale Hellestrae the edge over L.P. since he has 3 Super Bowl rings. LOL...
Man, I didn't even remember Dale Hellestrae. If a 3x SB ring winner gets so easily forgotten — by a Cowboys lifer fan no less — what chance does L.P. have of being remembered by the fanbase once his long snappin' days are over? LOL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pettis Norman should be on that list I think. Lots of very worthy candidates but I'm with Tyke1doe, Herschel Walker

Reaction score
I'm a young fella so I can't really say who was the most under appreciated Cowboy before 2000, but in the last 12 years it's easily Romo.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over the last 10 years - Flozell Adams.

A fan whipping boy, but he was a top 10 LT for a lot of years here.

dalexa1824

Reaction score
Risen Star;4422244 said:
Over the last 10 years - Flozell Adams.

A fan whipping boy, but he was a top 10 LT for a lot of years here.
It has to be the Zero club. If they are even mentioned in this thread they will be dropped.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4422201 said:
I'm a young fella so I can't really say who was the most under appreciated Cowboy before 2000, but in the last 12 years it's easily Romo.

Since the story isn't completely written on Romo, I'm not really sure I'd include him (or any other current players.)

I do think we can say he's the most underappreciated now, but he might end his career as one of the most appreciated.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
michael downs.....damn what i would give for that ballhawk sure textbook tackler right now.

tony tolbert...prolly the most underrated de in our glory years of the 90's

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
lane;4422297 said:
michael downs.....damn what i would give for that ballhawk right now.

tony tolbert...prolly the most underrated de in our glory years of the 90's

At least Tony was a starter. The most prolific pass rusher on those teams was a part time player - Jim Jeffcoat.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BAT;4422299 said:
At least Tony was a starter. The most prolific pass rusher on those teams was a part time player - Jim Jeffcoat.

yes indeed...jim jeffcoat was a beast.

never will forget how he took the batted pass by too tall to the house to win the division against the giants in 85

mmohican29

Reaction score
Darren Woodson. Guy was as dedicated a player as there has ever been for the 'Boys and should at minimum be ROH, and probably HOF.