Mostly all Cowboy fans know where we need to improve

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The line doesn’t consistently move defenders and create holes for Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard in the running game. They don’t pass protect long enough for Dak Prescott to feel comfortable going through his reads and throwing deep. They commit way too many penalties — an embarrassing 52 as a unit — and if they can’t play any better than they did Sunday against Arizona then the Cowboys’ offensive woes will continue.

Prescott led the Cowboys in rushing, which should never ever happen. Elliott and Pollard combined for 25 yards on 12 carries. Embarrassing

Okay, I’ll bite. I’m assuming your analysis is based on evidence. Precisely how much time is Dak getting to throw versus the league average?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah.. His protection is fine. I stand by that.

He holds the ball a long time and a lot of you say it’s the protection and it’s not.

He’ll get hit sometimes but 1 or 2 plays is not a complete narrative like some of you make it out to be.

Our pass protection is good.
Well I have to respond to this is Look who gave you a link lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, I’ll bite. I’m assuming your analysis is based on evidence. Precisely how much time is Dak getting to throw versus the league average?
It’s embarrassing that Prescott have more rushing yards then Are to best running backs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one's perfect. Even the good lines suck every now and then. But that's when you need those speedy quick skill players to get a ton of run after the catch yards. They need to fix the line and get some speed on offense this off season.

Exactly, like Pollard. Pollard at least will break on once in a while and can make big plays out of the passing game as well. We need playmakers like that.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t even know where it says that. That. . Did you make that up versus the league. I don’t care what other teams do. They have their own issues. Are you paying attention. Kansas City just lost. Green Bay almost lost to the browns and the ravens if the referees didn’t have the heads up the butt. Should I continue. I prefer to leave this just about the Cowboys. At this time

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’s embarrassing that Prescott have more rushing yards then Are to best running backs

Cool. But I asked specifically about passing. How much time is Dak getting in the pocket versus other quarterbacks? I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just looking for evidence.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He holds the ball a long time and a lot of you say it’s the protection and it’s not.

He’ll get hit sometimes but 1 or 2 plays is not a complete narrative like some of you make it out to be.

Our pass protection is spotty and inconsistent. No different then our run blocking. TE's suck in both the run and pass blocking. Then throw in the holding calls and the one dimensional nature of our offense. Two deep safeties taking away the outside and deep throws.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak gets solid protection this narrative that he doesn’t have time to throw is a joke.

The run blocking isn’t he best. Play Pollard.
I mean that’s all you can do. It’s disrespectful Prescott. With no justification whatsoever other than you don’t like him. Consistency tells everything. Yeah we can’t run block but we can pass block. We don’t do either well

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cool. But I asked specifically about passing. How much time is Dak getting in the pocket versus other quarterbacks? I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just looking for evidence.
I never made that statement. You assumed that statement . I don’t think that’s the statistics that’s available for anyone. To see. Because I’ve tried

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

He literally took the OP from a Blogging the Boys article and is trying to pass it on as "his opinion" lol

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I mean that’s all you can do. It’s disrespectful Prescott. With no justification whatsoever other than you don’t like him. Consistency tells everything. Yeah we can’t run block but we can pass block. We don’t do either well

They haven’t had too many issues run blocking for Pollard. One-legged Zeke, sure.

plasticman

Reaction score
Which was more embarrassing, the 25 yards or the 12 carries?

If KM is scared to commit to any kind of a run game then he must go. It doesn't matter how many yards, if the defense knows the Cowboys are going to pass, then it's over.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Are you not watching the games? The pressure is easy to see. Its up and down from game to game. Time to throw is inaccurate as it also means..........time until the ball is thrown.

For running QB's that buy time it can alter the data making it look longer than it is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Which was more embarrassing, the 25 yards or the 12 carries?

If KM is scared to commit to any kind of a run game then he must go. It doesn't matter how many yards, if the defense knows the Cowboys are going to pass, then it's over.

Moore is smart enough to factor in the strengths of his offense, the weaknesses of the defense. Too smart to stick with a run game averaging 1.8 ypc falling behind.

You dont think defenses know we are passing when its 2nd and 8 or 3rd and 6? Thats what we are looking at. So Moore does the smart thing and often passes on first down trying to pick up 7 or 8 yards.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I never made that statement. You assumed that statement . I don’t think that’s the statistics that’s available for anyone. To see. Because I’ve tried

You said he wasn’t getting enough time to make his reads. I have no idea what you’re basing that assessment on, hence my request for a baseline comparison.

If it’s just the “eye test,” fine. Say that. Be upfront. My eyes see a player who’s hitting the final step in his drop, and the ball is seldom out. My eyes see a guy who either isn’t trusting what he’s seeing or doesn’t understand what he’s seeing.

It’s weird because he’s seldom had these problems.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Are you not watching the games? The pressure is easy to see. Its up and down from game to game. Time to throw is inaccurate as it also means..........time until the ball is thrown.

For running QB's that buy time it can alter the data making it look longer than it is.

Okay. So what’s his time to throw versus pocket quarterbacks? I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m looking for evidence beyond the “eye test.”

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe we can fix it next year’s draft. I would say free agency but we don’t want to much there

Sure, but is a rookie lineman going to fix this line? We need a top notch guard to replace Williams. Collins and Smith need to be replaced at some point.

Probably the quickest way to fix part of the run game is to go out and get some TE's that can block in the run game. 2 or 3 of them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Plays. Sorry about that damn google

Ok then please explain. Our first two drives last week the run game averaged a little over 1 ypc. We had a 4 yard gain on first run play then it was literally 5 no gains or something close to that.

Were you insinuating that the run game was working and then Moore just simply went away from it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Okay. So what’s his time to throw versus pocket quarterbacks? I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m looking for evidence beyond the “eye test.”

Nothing better than the eye test. If Dak has 3 seconds to pass and the receiver drops it, how does that tell you anything? If no one is open, what does it matter if he has time to throw?

Dak could have all day for 5 plays and then a holding call ruins the drive.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Nothing better than the eye test. If Dak has 3 seconds to pass and the receiver drops it, how does that tell you anything? If no one is open, what does it matter if he has time to throw?

Dak could have all day for 5 plays and then a holding call ruins the drive.

so how often is it a dropped pass or receivers not getting open? I don’t have access to the all-22 so I can’t tell you.