Mostly all Cowboy fans know where we need to improve

plasticman

Reaction score
Moore is smart enough to factor in the strengths of his offense, the weaknesses of the defense. Too smart to stick with a run game averaging 1.8 ypc falling behind.

You dont think defenses know we are passing when its 2nd and 8 or 3rd and 6? Thats what we are looking at. So Moore does the smart thing and often passes on first down trying to pick up 7 or 8 yards.
I would rather have a dumb winner than a smart loser.

bigE79

Reaction score
Dak gets solid protection this narrative that he doesn’t have time to throw is a joke.

The run blocking isn’t he best. Play Pollard.
6th ranked in pass protection...the reason why our run game stinks is because teams are taking it away,and daring dak to beat them,we can all see it and also see the results.. until we make teams respect the pass,it's a loss cause.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
According to PFR Dak has had an average 0f 2.4 seconds of pocket time. Hurts has the longest with a whopping 2.7 seconds.

Brady 2.3. Rogers 2.2. Mahomes 2.3.

Pressure percentage Dak is the fourth least pressured at 19.4%. Darnold the most pressured at 29.9%

Brady 10.9%, Rogers 22.3%. Mahomes 22.3%

The pass protection issues are a myth.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
According to PFR Dak has had an average 0f 2.4 seconds of pocket time. Hurts has the longest with a whopping 2.7 seconds.

Pressure percentage Dak is the fourth least pressured at 19.4%. Darnold the most pressured at 29.9%

you hater.

plasticman

Reaction score
With fantasy football, salary caps, elite contracts, product sponsorship, etc, I wonder if the goal of NFL players is still focused on championships.

I think the team concept is a thing of the past. I think there is too much selfishness in the NFL these days.

A WR that loses a game but gets 12 receptions for 150 yards might just be happier than a WR that wins a game with 3 receptions for 45 yards. Same for most other positions. Are they playing for the ring or the contract?

I think the Cowboys are the type of team you get when you don't have 53 players that want to win a championship for each other. I think it's the type of team you get when the GM is focused on entertainment value over success.

The Cowboys are generally regarded as having one of the most talented group of players in the NFL but they are not a team. There is no unified focus on the only thing that should matter which is winning a championship. I get the lip service but it doesn't show on the field. it doesn't show after the game.

I'd almost be encouraged if a Cowboys player just lost it during an interview after the game. I mean, if a big ole DT had to be restrained from picking up a media person and slamming him up against the lockers after a painful loss. I don't see raw emotion after a loss. I only see a carefully crafted appearance of regret and a detailed professional explanation as to why the team didn't win.

I wish more players would demonstrate just how they hate losing. They are a little too stoic for my tastes.

mardwin

Reaction score
Yeah.. His protection is fine. I stand by that.

He holds the ball a long time and a lot of you say it’s the protection and it’s not.

He’ll get hit sometimes but 1 or 2 plays is not a complete narrative like some of you make it out to be.

Our pass protection is good.

Dak is not very good at reading coverages and has poor pocket presence so he holds on to the football for a second too long. The video doesn't lie, he's getting enough time from the offensive line

bigE79

Reaction score

You'll soon be told by a certain poster,that those stats don't matter,its against sub 500 teams.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is not very good at reading coverages and has poor pocket presence so he holds on to the football for a second too long. The video doesn't lie, he's getting enough time from the offensive line

I think people are just desperate to find any excuse they possibly can as to why their QB isn’t playing very good.

I don’t like to play that game. I like to know the truth. Saying our offensive line isn’t giving him protection is not the truth and seeing him get sacked once or twice doesn’t mean he’s navigating through immense pressure all game.

DanA

Reaction score
The line doesn’t consistently move defenders and create holes for Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard in the running game. They don’t pass protect long enough for Dak Prescott to feel comfortable going through his reads and throwing deep. They commit way too many penalties — an embarrassing 52 as a unit — and if they can’t play any better than they did Sunday against Arizona then the Cowboys’ offensive woes will continue.

Prescott led the Cowboys in rushing, which should never ever happen. Elliott and Pollard combined for 25 yards on 12 carries. Embarrassing

I've seen plenty of QB's cope with worse O-line play. I mean, Pat Mahomes made the superbowl last year and I'm not sure I could name a single player on his O-line.

Cmac

Reaction score
No the joke is you thinking he’s does. He cannot get the ball down field or wait for receiver to make a second move. He doesn’t have time to throw the first move. Stop being so negative on the quarterback and look at actually what’s happening.
Spot on.....but the easy way is to blame Zeke on this board. It all starts with the OL, individual play can be marveled, but as a whole.....weak link.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok then please explain. Our first two drives last week the run game averaged a little over 1 ypc. We had a 4 yard gain on first run play then it was literally 5 no gains or something close to that.

Were you insinuating that the run game was working and then Moore just simply went away from it?
It was starting to work and then he got away from it. We ran the ball three times in a row and got a first down

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fine doesn’t win championships

Yes it does.. All the time.

You guys think everyone has the best defense because defenses wins championships. The best Oline because it all starts up front. A ground game because you watched the 90s. A pass rush.

No.. Teams win in a lot of different ways but the common denominator is QB play.

Our offensive line is more than good enough and if you gave any team right now our Oline it would not change any teams expectations for their season so stop using it as an excuse for Dallas.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah.. His protection is fine. I stand by that.

He holds the ball a long time and a lot of you say it’s the protection and it’s not.

He’ll get hit sometimes but 1 or 2 plays is not a complete narrative like some of you make it out to be.

Our pass protection is good.

The line isn't good, but I agree with @CATCH17, more often than not he has time to throw. One problem with the line is teams know exactly where to attack when they do want quick pressure. Looking at 52 & 63.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The line isn't good, but I agree with @CATCH17, more often than not he has time to throw. One problem with the line is teams know exactly where to attack when they do want quick pressure. Looking at 52 & 63.

When comparing it to the rest of the league I think it’s still elite.

This may be the worst it’s ever been for NFL Olines.

Easily top 7 Oline and probably top 5.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Okay. So what’s his time to throw versus pocket quarterbacks? I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m looking for evidence beyond the “eye test.”[/QUOTE

No evidence is needed to fit some narratives. If it was an opinion differing from theirs, they would make a huge deal if someone didn't provide them a basis for their opinion.

RD21

Reaction score
Yes it does.. All the time.

You guys think everyone has the best defense because defenses wins championships. The best Oline because it all starts up front. A ground game because you watched the 90s. A pass rush.

No.. Teams win in a lot of different ways but the common denominator is QB play.

Our offensive line is more than good enough and if you gave any team right now our Oline it would not change any teams expectations for their season so stop using it as an excuse for Dallas.
Yup. With the exception of a couple extremely dominant defenses ('85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs), solid QB play has been a HUGE factor in getting to, & winning Super Bowls.