Mostly all Cowboy fans know where we need to improve

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Oh.. So 1 play creates a whole narrative for you?

Our pass blocking is fine. I know some of y’all are looking for an excuse for Dak but pass protection ain’t it.
Pass protection is an issue. I guess you didn’t see Chandler Jones running around our Hall of Famer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stinks too, many including me, thought the Offense would be the strength of the team.

I wish, both the O and D were playing well, but in my mind, and the history of the NFL, if your defense can dominate, especially the DL( see Giants D vs the vaunted Patriots ) your team has a decent chance in the playoffs!

Go Mika!! Go Defense!

Im fine with the defense being a strength. I prefer a defensive team.

First half of the year, the offense was off the chain. Then the Oline fell apart. That is the #1 problem with the offense.

Cmac

Reaction score
Oh.. So 1 play creates a whole narrative for you?

Our pass blocking is fine. I know some of y’all are looking for an excuse for Dak but pass protection ain’t it.
Wrong again......one play does not define what I see. TPollard is not as good as Zeke, regarding pass protection. Obvious, it just not at the skill set of Zeke right now. I used the Budda Baker play as just an obvious and glaring example.
As for the OL......their deficiencies have been obvious ALL year. Not sure why that might be hard to notice.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Something that occurs to me about the line getting all these holding calls on our big running plays is that a lot of THAT is scheme related too. Zone blocking demands that the offensive linemen stand up and protect and area against penetration. Stand up, slide step, and when a defensive player comes into your "zone" you block him. The problem with this scheme is that it allows the defender to dictate the point of contact. He can shade the blocker one side or the other and literally force himself to either be held or allowed to slice into the backfield. That's why if the defensive technique is aimed at creating penetration our zone blocking scheme is toast. If it's read and react and/or gap control then it can work.. as long as nobody misses the man in front of him. If you fire off into the defense then you take the choice out of the defender's hands. Now HE is catching and having to hunker down rather than jumping into your backfield and blowing up your play. As I type this I get a sinking feeling that if our coaches have not seen this and adjusted by now they are either idiots or they just don't believe our linemen are strong enough to execute drive blocking. Either way.. it makes me sad for our prospects in the playoffs.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Something that occurs to me about the line getting all these holding calls on our big running plays is that a lot of THAT is scheme related too. Zone blocking demands that the offensive linemen stand up and protect and area against penetration. Stand up, slide step, and when a defensive player comes into your "zone" you block him. The problem with this scheme is that it allows the defender to dictate the point of contact. He can shade the blocker one side or the other and literally force himself to either be held or allowed to slice into the backfield. That's why if the defensive technique is aimed at creating penetration our zone blocking scheme is toast. If it's read and react and/or gap control then it can work.. as long as nobody misses the man in front of him. If you fire off into the defense then you take the choice out of the defender's hands. Now HE is catching and having to hunker down rather than jumping into your backfield and blowing up your play. As I type this I get a sinking feeling that if our coaches have not seen this and adjusted by now they are either idiots or they just don't believe our linemen are strong enough to execute drive blocking. Either way.. it makes me sad for our prospects in the playoffs.
Coaching,