Mostly all Cowboy fans know where we need to improve

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Sometimes he has time, sometimes he doesnt. Its a mixed bag. I am sure you have noticed the shorter, quicker throws of late. Part of that is the 2 deep safety look and part of that is Moore knowing he doesnt have time for the longer routes.
You are correct, but in general, the O line is not consistent enough. They are not getting their job done consistently!!!! The O line is making it hard for the offense to move the ball and score points consistently!!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dallas had the number 1 ranked pass protection in the league last week against Arizona.

The excuses for Dak are never ending.
That is a joke!!!!

You believe some stupid statistic you read, BUT not your eyes!!!!
Chandler Jones had his way with Tyron Smith, but you never noticed that, did you?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread:

Pollard is among the league leaders in yards per run. He wasn't even bad this past week, but didn't get chances and had an 8 yard run called back. The holes are there for Pollard.
Dak doesn't get sacked much and his time per throw certainly isn't short.

The problem is Zeke. He is slow to start with and he has taken to dancing before he hits the line. This is the NFL, not high school. Holes open and close fast. At least before he would hit the line with a head of steam and drive tacklers back a few yards. Now he just shuffles and falls over after contact.

Now that Zeke can't run, teams are backing off and forcing Dak to either take chances, throw it short or take sacks.

The line isn't fantastic anymore but its not terrible. When you look at the PFF grades, the sacks, the time to throw, Pollard's YPC, etc. it doesn't stand out as being terrible. The huge problem is Zeke's awful YPC and that's on Zeke.
Stop talking about ridiculous PFF grades! Watch the game with your eyes! This line has not been blocking consistently for the pass( did you see Tyron try to block Chandler Jones) and they have been especially inconsistent blocking vs the run!!!
The other day some guy posted a thread where the O line grade was top 5 with PFF, but bottom third with another grading site. These grading sites are a joke, and people that use them are starting to sound like a joke. Again watch the game and use your OWN eyes .

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Stop talking about ridiculous PFF grades! Watch the game with your eyes! This line has not been blocking consistently for the pass( did you see Tyron try to block Chandler Jones) and they have been especially inconsistent blocking vs the run!!!
The other day some guy posted a thread where the O line grade was top 5 with PFF, but bottom third with another grading site. These grading sites are a joke, and people that use them are starting to sound like a joke. Again watch the game and use your OWN eyes .

I am and I see a pretty average NFL line. I'm just supporting it with data. The PFF grade was just part of that.

Maybe Cowboy fans are so used to having the best line in football that anything less than that looks terrible. That's part of the problem with the eye test and why you should double check it with statistics. Dallas has given up the 20th most sacks. The Cowboys aren't even in the ballpark of the really bad offensive lines and if you used the eye test on those teams, it would be obvious.

An average offensive line makes mistakes and that's why its hard to use anecdotes to evaluate them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your opinion doesn’t really matter. I’m right.

Your not qualified to discuss the qb position

shut up and let the adults do the talking.

your wrong like you always are. Nothing different.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are correct, but in general, the O line is not consistent enough. They are not getting their job done consistently!!!! The O line is making it hard for the offense to move the ball and score points consistently!!!!

yep……..and some of that is the oppositions defense. Harder to do things against better defenses. Sad part is the run game is never great anymore.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

That’s why you play this guy.

#1 run defense in football? No problem. If that’s Zeke it’s a loss of 5.

Every handoff to Zeke is a chance at missing a play like that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most fans who understand the game and are keeping it real, know the Cowboys have to get better or it’s going to be a very short playoff run. There’s not one team out there that I feel real confident we could beat. There’s at least three teams that I think would win by 2+ scores if we look like we did against Arizona last week. We were down 22-7 to AZ at one point. This Cowboys team looks very similar to how the 2007 team looked heading into the playoffs and we all know how it ended for that team.

stiletto

Reaction score
Most fans who understand the game and are keeping it real, know the Cowboys have to get better or it’s going to be a very short playoff run. There’s not one team out there that I feel real confident we could beat. There’s at least three teams that I think would win by 2+ scores if we look like we did against Arizona last week. We were down 22-7 to AZ at one point. This Cowboys team looks very similar to how the 2007 team looked heading into the playoffs and we all know how it ended for that team.

I think it is hilarious that a lot of fans will be shocked with a one and done playoff performance after all this time and consistency of being a loser franchise since like 1999.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it is hilarious that a lot of fans will be shocked with a one and done playoff performance after all this time and consistency of being a loser franchise since like 1999.

There’s a lot of younger fans here that I don’t think were around decades ago. The fans that have been through the ringer with the Cowboys the past 26 years won’t be shocked at all. They’ve seen this sad movie before.

Reaction score
They do need to replenish the O- line, that is clear. Would love to see them draft Ekwonu, from NC St. Dude is dawg mean with long arms. 2-3 on that side in April would be good. For now, they need to change tempo & cadence, use motion, etc., to keep defenses guessing.

stiletto

Reaction score
There’s a lot of younger fans here that I don’t think were around decades ago. The fans that have been through the ringer with the Cowboys the past 26 years won’t be shocked at all. They’ve seen this sad movie before.

Yep. Not seeing anything that's going to change. I thought MAYBE with the improvements on the Defense but with the Offense going to hell like it has the last two+ months, I am back to feeling "less than" enthused. It's always good to have improved defense play, that's at least something..

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I am and I see a pretty average NFL line. I'm just supporting it with data. The PFF grade was just part of that.

Maybe Cowboy fans are so used to having the best line in football that anything less than that looks terrible. That's part of the problem with the eye test and why you should double check it with statistics. Dallas has given up the 20th most sacks. The Cowboys aren't even in the ballpark of the really bad offensive lines and if you used the eye test on those teams, it would be obvious.

An average offensive line makes mistakes and that's why its hard to use anecdotes to evaluate them.
Bottom line: Against a depleted Cardinals defense this O line was not good!

Bottom line: Against the Chiefs DL this O line was Pathetic.

Bottom line: unless your blind, use PFF, or have an agenda( the Dak haters ), this line, is to inconsistent and not good right now. I don’t give a da_ about how they compare to other O lines. If we lose in the playoffs, the O line will most likely be the main reason!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That’s why you play this guy.

#1 run defense in football? No problem. If that’s Zeke it’s a loss of 5.

Every handoff to Zeke is a chance at missing a play like that.

I agree Pollard needs to play much more and they need to throw him the ball in the flat. Let him go 1 on 1 with a LBer!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
yep……..and some of that is the oppositions defense. Harder to do things against better defenses. Sad part is the run game is never great anymore.
They need to use Pollard in the flat and short passing game. Use the short passing game to Pollard instead of a handoff. Get him out in space.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Bottom line: Against a depleted Cardinals defense this O line was not good!

Bottom line: Against the Chiefs DL this O line was Pathetic.

Bottom line: unless your blind, use PFF, or have an agenda( the Dak haters ), this line, is to inconsistent and not good right now. I don’t give a da_ about how they compare to other O lines. If we lose in the playoffs, the O line will most likely be the main reason!!!

Personally, I blame Zeke. He is just too dam slow right now and beyond that, he has started dancing instead of running forward.

This cascades into a lot of things:
- Dallas can't run outside, so teams don't even cover the edges making it harder to block the interior
- Opponents don't have to put many people in the box to stop the run game. That puts a lot of people in coverage, making Dak and the receivers look bad.

Its to the point where its not even Zeke's fault. The Cowboys have a competent (actually really good) RB in Pollard but the team won't use him due to political reasons. Against the Chiefs, Pollard had 7 runs for 50 yards. The o-line only looks terrible run blocking when the RB takes a half hour to lumber up to the line of scrimmage.

This political preference of Zeke over Pollard is going to be the team's undoing.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The eagles game - use it as a practice to establish the running game . run , run , run and punt if cant pick up 1st down, practice it until you get the blocking right and rbs finding open lanes

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Stinks too, many including me, thought the Offense would be the strength of the team.

I wish, both the O and D were playing well, but in my mind, and the history of the NFL, if your defense can dominate, especially the DL( see Giants D vs the vaunted Patriots ) your team has a decent chance in the playoffs!

Go Mika!! Go Defense!