News: Motion Denied - Zeke suspended

Ghost12

Reaction score
This is the final try. The next highest court is the Supreme Court and they aren't going to hear an appeal on an injunction.
They deny the injunction, but order the appeal be be heard on an expedited basis: incoherent much?
Losing the request for an injunction pretty much tells us how they will judge the case when it comes to the merits itself.

Swanny

Reaction score
I'll go with Roger. 4 games was too long for deflating footballs, and 6 was too long long for this. Should have been 1 and 2 games IMO max.
It should be either 6 games or none. The rule stats 6 games for DV.
I don't think he should be suspended so I think it should be 0. But in this case it's either 6 games or none

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Part of this is a blessing, I guess.

I think we all feel that, at the end of the day, Zeke was going to have to serve his suspension.

For better or worse, the NFLPA gave Gooddell entirely too much power in the last CBA. So at least by Zeke sitting now, he will be eligible toward the end of the year/playoffs, and this issue won't linger into next season.

That being said, I hope Zeke continues the collusion case and sues the heck out of the NFL for unjustly slandering his name and reputation

TheHerd

Reaction score
Wow, that was crazy. They just tells me this was already a done deal. The overlords win again. This is was bigger than Zeke or even the NFL at this point.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Part of this is a blessing, I guess.

I think we all feel that, and the end of the day, Zeke was going to have to serve his suspension.

For better or worse, the NFLPA gave Gooddell entirely too much power in the last CBA. So at least by Zeke sitting now, he will be eligible toward the end of the year/playoffs, and this issue won't linger into next season.

That being said, I hope Zeke continues the collusion case and sues the heck out of the NFL for unjustly slandering his name and reputation

Ding ding ding. This is decent timing all things considered.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yup, which is great. The timing of this worked out pretty well if we assume the 6 were going to be served at some point regardless.

Trading the Chiefs for the Raiders worked well. This stretch of games is much more manageable than it appeared at the beginning of the season and the defense is just starting to gel. Having Zeke back for the Seahawks/Eagles games is extremely important. Worked out quite nicely I'd say.

I appreciate the attempt to sugar coat. But missing Zeke for the next 6 games sucks no matter how you slice it.

The team still needs to go 5-3 the last 8 games to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Hope he's right again.

people on twitter have been proved wrong so many times.

pete brush says appeal unlikely to happen soon. it can possibly take weeks. it would seem zeke will be out “weeks”. but who knows...

revospeed

Reaction score
Who is this idiot?

Some guy who claimed he was a SCOTUS law clerk, but never said which justice he clerked for and when. Plus he can't be found on the clerk database.

And nothing against sports talk show hosts, but if you were a SCOTUS law clerk, you're not doing that kind of work.

He's a crackpot.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I appreciate the attempt to sugar coat. But missing Zeke for the next 6 games sucks no matter how you slice it.

The team still needs to go 5-3 the last 8 games to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Believe me, missing Zeke is brutal. He is the best player on the team quite easily - I'm not denying or sugar coating that. All I'm saying is, it would have been terrible to have him miss the playoffs or have this carry over to next year ASSUMING IT WAS A GUARANTEE THAT HE WOULD SERVE THE SUSPENSION REGARDLESS.

I think he got railroaded, but timing wise things could have ended up worse. This is a good team with or without Zeke - they'll have to find a way to win 3 or 4 to stay alive in his absence.

Grevus

Reaction score
It is what it is. I expected this outcome, but I'm still mad about it. It's a shame that the CBA dictates some much power to the NFL. The next time the CBA comes up, I expect this to be a major topic.