Moving Forward, can we win big with this current roster?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No. Every other contending team got better at the trade deadline except for us. This organization clearly doesn't care about winning as their primary goal.
I guess we're just so great every off season of a team that Jerry can see into the future or something who knows

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No. Every other contending team got better at the trade deadline except for us. This organization clearly doesn't care about winning as their primary goal.
I'm more concerned with the scheming than the personnel, who'd imagine that our whole running game would be transformed when Dak scrambled/moved out of the pocket (and that receiver's would get open with extended downs).

Then again we're one injury, in the: LB corp, CB or IDL from fielding a team with a glaring weakness and we just cant tell who's getting injured, so keep something back as cover (ala Hankins, TY (even Barr) last year)....prime example Suh is still available, whom on UK tv said he's looking for a contender....we probably want him atm, however an injury to Osa or Hankins and we're on the phone.

We're in with contention, and Sunday will be the judgement on whether we're a WC or in with a hunt of the Division.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I agree that this young team has talent and has some key players still baking in the oven. What I’m not convinced of yet is this team’s overall mental toughness to overcome the adversity all great teams must have to be great.

Hopefully they will be just that.
Yes this team is loaded with potential but they certainly get down in the dumps real quickly when things are not going their way and that needs to stop they need to learn to deal with adversity improvise and overcome it

CCBoy

Reaction score
You already know the answer and what's holding us back.
I'm calling you, not on not liking your views or calling my study and support through all of the Cowboys life. No Sir, you are an educated fan...and here and now.

But I'm calling you on principal...

If one carries the seed of the best peach in the world in one's pocket for 27 years...just how many tastey peaches are you going to end up with? No, don't go running to Jerry, Stephen, head coach sqwaking, or Tony Romo/Dak Prescott excuse blenders.

That seed was not planted...how does anyone expect to reap benefits of an unplanted seed, Even with any fruit, one can develop over times as well.

The fruit being grown and consumed is being a fan. Good play by the team has never completely been ignored or undeveloped for the team.

Now, there are three types of seed planting:

Voice of need

Voice of greed

Voice of your seed

There have been a variety of team growth periods and needs were in full view. That started with the Murchison purchase and him giving trust frequently into the hands of Tom Landry. That was when money could bring in top shelf talent. Tom Landry was full analytic insights, disciplined accountability, and creative adjustments that were leading and NFL used concepts in game changing elements. He had a team and they gave him unquestioned respect.

When the NFL changed, and the Cowboys lost the financial support of Murchison's Father, the team again had new needs.

Then the team had needs of financial stability, infusion of talent, and a dynamic leader with knowledge of talent selection and how to build a strong team.

The entrance of Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson was dramatic in turning things back to a Championship Level.

This is where the voice of greed entered the sphere of the Dallas Cowboys and their role with the team.

The team continued to win and on top levels, but the NFL was changing with rules for free agency and then a cap management role also. This brought many strong improvements into view and players becoming top dollar in play as well as determining their earning outside of team loyalties. That was not the world that Tom Landry lived in. The fans lived in a need for greed and placed all views on Jimmy getting fired, despite the team continuing to win at the top level.

The Cowboys were even fine then, until prime player injuries and cap paid for Championships started to be the strongest force in then current pictures.

Now fan seeds were strong when the team was born and before it was even a new winner. What became Kansas City, even had more fan loyalty but the AFC was more of a gamble back when competition with the Cowboys was on the table. At that time, real Cowboys put their faith and planted their seeds as a fan of that team.

There was no need for greed then, as fans were planting their seeds of faith and the team responded to that support.

This was duplicated with the almost immediate success when Jimmy and Jerry arrived. Seeds were planted a plenty by fans...and that did again help the team. Teams respond to fan support and that goes without question. This is a sport and there is a very real side to a team and home fans.

Well, many fans have kept that seed of being a real fan...in their pockets. What will be reaped by that seed staying in that same pocket?

Just leave it hid and feed that need of greed for one's own reasons if desired...but nothing will be grown beyond the need from their efforts.

Maybe 11 straight home wins will awaken many fans into actually helping their own chosen team...The Dallas Cowboys!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This was the year to go all in....Dak isn't getting younger nor is the O-line.

Reaction score
Do we have what it takes to make that push that Jerry sees, I mean he sees it every year regardless of what kind of roster we have. Is Jerry right, do we have a team that can get us far in the playoffs and get us that 6th ring??? Please give your thoughts. I'd love to go to a Superbowl!!
Until they beat teams like San Fran and Philadelphia and Detroit the answer is no. For years this team has beaten up on the seriously flawed NFL teams but got their butts handed to them when playing against physical and balanced teams. Ask me again after the Eagles game!

Flamma

Reaction score
Do we have what it takes to make that push that Jerry sees, I mean he sees it every year regardless of what kind of roster we have. Is Jerry right, do we have a team that can get us far in the playoffs and get us that 6th ring??? Please give your thoughts. I'd love to go to a Superbowl!!
I don't think it's a right or wrong thing with Jerry and our front office. You pretty much spotted it, I highlighted it in bold. He does try to put a good team on the field. But he's not constantly trying to improve the team. At some point he taps out.

It reminds me of when I buy a house. At most I'll give you asking price. I'm not getting into a bidding war if someone else offers more. The Cowboys don't get into the free agency wars, or trying to match other teams at the trade deadline.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I agree that this young team has talent and has some key players still baking in the oven. What I’m not convinced of yet is this team’s overall mental toughness to overcome the adversity all great teams must have to be great.

Hopefully they will be just that.
This is my biggest worry as well. They definitely have talent, and the best coaching staff we've had in a LONG time, but can they be tough? When they got hit in the jaw by San Francisco, they just rolled over. I want to see them stand toe-to-toe and hit back.

We'll see Sunday!!

Creeper

Reaction score
Remember the last Giants Super Bowl season? This Cowboys team is better than that Giants team, but at the same time this team is capable of playing a stinker on any given Sunday.

If things go their way, and I do think it takes some good breaks for any team to win it all, I think they can win it all this year but it depends on the Eagles and 49ers. Both of those teams are really good too and if Dallas has to play one or both on the road, especially SF on their grass field, I think the Cowboys are definitely the underdogs. The healthiest teams tend to win in January. The Cowboys are already missing Diggs and Tyron is always one practice away from missing multiple games.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You already know the answer and what's holding us back.
So, Jerry is holding us back? Is that what you are saying? Lol!! It's easy to hate when you have no real insight....throw darts from afar....Jerry, Dak, CeeDee, Tyron etc.....throw enough darts and eventually you'll get a bullseye. I get a kick out of fans that never went through the grind....criticism is easy. Winning is not.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, Jerry is holding us back? Is that what you are saying? Lol!! It's easy to hate when you have no real insight....throw darts from afar....Jerry, Dak, CeeDee, Tyron etc....
No it's not. I have all the insight I need thank you. I was referring to our quarterback. I never, NEVER, throw darts. Anyone can do that. Just spitting into the wind is a waste of time.

I've been very consistent about why the Cowboys haven't and won't win a super bowl under #4.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’ve read some of the comments and there is a contingent that thinks that we have a good enough roster to wins Super Bowl.

so my question is then, why is our offense currently ranked 15th? The lions, Niners Eagles are ranked in the top 6.

Take a deeper dive and the running game is ranked 18th in yards and the passing is 13th. Dak is currently playing well

We have a legit #1 receiver in CeeDee but Cooks and Gallup don’t even have more combined receiving yards than Amari Cooper does at this point.

Tight Ends?……… mediocrity personified and Schoon ain’t gonna be the “Great Tight Hope” they wanted.

Offensive line is often injured and actually struggled when they were finally reunited.

I see more offensive deficiencies than LAST year and we all know how sorry that WR corp was but at least we had a running game.

shabazz

Reaction score
They will be in good shape if they win Sunday. The Eagles and the 49ers still have to play each other. The Cowboys will play the Giants, Panthers, and Commanders twice. That could very well help them. The Cowboys really need a win Sunday and they need to get the 1 spot to get that playoff bye. A win against the Eagles and Lions and a 13 and 4 record should get the 1 spot.
What do you mean ”IF THEY WIN”……..a lot of us are up to here with your constant negativity.

Cowboys win, and win BIG on Sunday…..no doubts from this real fan

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’ve read some of the comments and there is a contingent that thinks that we have a good enough roster to wins Super Bowl.

so my question is then, why is our offense currently ranked 15th? The lions, Niners Eagles are ranked in the top 6.

Take a deeper dive and the running game is ranked 18th in yards and the passing is 13th. Dak is currently playing well

We have a legit #1 receiver in CeeDee but Cooks and Gallup don’t even have more combined receiving yards than Amari Cooper does at this point.

Tight Ends?……… mediocrity personified and Schoon ain’t gonna be the “Great Tight Hope” they wanted.

Offensive line is often injured and actually struggled when they were finally reunited.

I see more offensive deficiencies than LAST year and we all know how sorry that WR corp was but at least we had a running game.
Good points. Schoon to me can't be great, he can, but their thoughts are always to have a great blocker, like damn can one te do both sheesh

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it's not. I have all the insight I need thank you. I was referring to our quarterback. I never, NEVER, throw darts. Anyone can do that. Just spitting into the wind is a waste of time.

I've been very consistent about why the Cowboys haven't and won't win a super bowl under #4.
So Danny White and Romo weren't good enough either....the other 21 players had no part in it....