Mr. GM Jones, Please do the Needful

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

Mr. GM Jerry Jones, please do the needful.

J12B

Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

I wonder if the Giants would deal Dexter Lawrence.

J817

Reaction score
Getting a legitimate DT and a legitimate RB won’t fix this teams issues. Yes it would help, but after watching last game, the issues are at lot larger than those two positions. The team appeared unprepared, soft and slow. It will take an overhaul if these struggles continue.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Everyone’s available for a price. Are you from America?
Not in the NFL. Go ahead and name names of players who could be reasonably traded for. To be traded in season, a good player basically has to be:

• In the last year of his contract or underdelivering for what they're paid
  • On a bad team
  • Not likely to re-sign
This does not exist at DT. DJ Jones is really the only player close.

visionary

Reaction score

LOL :facepalm:

Deluded Cowboys fans

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not in the NFL. Go ahead and name names of players who could be reasonably traded for. To be traded in season, a good player basically has to be:

• In the last year of his contract or underdelivering for what they're paid
  • On a bad team
  • Not likely to re-sign
This does not exist at DT. DJ Jones is really the only player close.
I’m not going down your rabbit hole. I’ve said my opinion on the matter.

Flamma

Reaction score

This is what a lot of people wanted before the season started. When they had the chance. But when we look at last game, no single DT is preventing that. We just have to hope it was early season rust. It looked like we were the '81 Colts. The D isn't that bad.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You aren't getting a "legitimate" DT with a comp pick. You're getting the Neville Gallimores of the world.
Of course not. But you have 4 so you have that plus your draft picks for next year and in the future. I’m questioning things about you.

J12B

Reaction score
No they just extended him in May.
It's pretty clear they are going to be in a complete rebuild.

Their GM and Head Coach are probably going to be fired come week 5, if they lose the Browns this week.