Mr. GM Jones, Please do the Needful

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We had all offseason the last 2 drafts to address these needs and we didn't. Now you want us to overpay in a trade? Meh.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

Mr. GM Jerry Jones, please do the needful.
Lol you defended all these moves in the offseason. What happened? Quitting already?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There is no other way around the obvious huge dilemma we have vs the run, this D has to be able to figure that out before there is ever going to be any hope for 2024.

Keep trying to find a band aid with these old churning vet DTs Jerry/Stephen, I guess it's our only option at this point.

The cat is out of the bag even earlier this season, all opponents will know exactly how to take MP out of the game, even quicker than last season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

In your mind there are 2 "legitimate" players out there we can immediately trade for and plug into our system for improved play.
Well, then, let's get those two legit players that 31 other teams have overlooked.
But we still would have a 2-pix a day QB.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Someone builds a bad house.

You don't go back to them to add on an extra bedroom.

The Jones will make nothing trades (Jordan Phillips, random Texans practice squad players) or overpay (Amari Cooper, Roy WIlliams, Trey Lance). Brandon Cooks and Gilmore last year were very rare. They are real bad at this whole football thing.

CWR

Reaction score

I think it's really challenging to trade for a good DT, especially this time of year. Our best bet moving forward is probably mediocre. Some teams will reach a point in the season to fire sale, but that's in the distance.

RB has passed us by as well. The only thing we can get at this point is a younger unestablished guy and hope he can become something. The problem there is we are more comfortable trusting our own.

CWR

Reaction score
Too late. The time was free agency and we blew it. At this point, even if there was a legit player available, Jerry would get fleeced.
And some people couldn't understand why so many of us were upset at FA. Imagine that....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is no other way around the obvious huge dilemma we have vs the run, this D has to be able to figure that out before there is ever going to be any hope for 2024.

Keep trying to find a band aid with these old churning vet DTs Jerry/Stephen, I guess it's our only option at this point.

The cat is out of the bag even earlier this season, all opponents will know exactly how to take MP out of the game, even quicker than last season.
I totally agree with everything you’ve said. Jerry needs to show he’s a GM and make the necessary moves. Do I think he will? All I can say is that I’m hopeful.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In your mind there are 2 "legitimate" players out there we can immediately trade for and plug into our system for improved play.
Well, then, let's get those two legit players that 31 other teams have overlooked.
But we still would have a 2-pix a day QB.
:thumbdown:

stiletto

Reaction score
Rocky, the Cowboys became the Big Lots! for Defensive Tackle. They are bankrupt just like that store and it's not looking good. LOL

Asklesko

Reaction score
At this point in the season, every team is looking to upgrade those positions. Cowboys are SOL.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's an interesting name .........Johnathan Allen, Commanders DT

I know it is unlikely the Commanders will consider trading him but a couple of nuggets;

*** 2024 is the final year of guaranteed money on his contract......he is a free agent in 2026.
*** 2025 salary has no guaranteed money. He will probably demand an extension, release or trade
*** He bashed the teams pretty hard last season for the team drama and losing. My guess he may want out if they get off to another bad start.
*** The problem is you can't get him w/o 1st round pick and new extension

Here is his contract ........

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/21758/jonathan-allen/contract/summary