Mr. GM Jones, Please do the Needful

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t see anyone that they could realistically trade for that would be a good upgrade at DT.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Didn’t we already do that with Jordan Phillips? The time to address these issues was back in April. Best case you’ll get another Hankins type, but again if that’s the goal why didn’t we just spend the $2M months ago instead of giving up multiple picks later on? This is the exact issue I had with the cowboys offseason and refusal to do much of anything.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Of course not. But you have 4 so you have that plus your draft picks for next year and in the future. I’m questioning things about you.
These trades do not exist.

* denotes in-season trade

John Ridgeway - 6th
Chriss Williams - 6th
Jordan Phillips - Pick swap
Maliek Collins - 7th
Neil Farrell Jr. - 6th
*Johnathan Hankins - 6th
Ross Blacklock - Pick swap, depth C
BJ Hill - Billy Price
Michael Brockers - 7th
Malcom Brown - 7th
*Eli Ankou - 7th
*Steve McLendon - Pick swap
*Christian Covington - Depth LB
Chris Wormley - Pick swap
Jurrell Casey - 7th
Deforest Buckner - 1st
Bruce Hector - Depth S
Hassan Ridgeway - 7th

The type of trade you are asking for does not exist in the NFL.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's pretty clear they are going to be in a complete rebuild.

Their GM and Head Coach are probably going to be fired come week 5, if they lose the Browns this week.
Doesn't matter. They aren't going to eat his entire extension.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Didn’t we already do that with Jordan Phillips? The time to address these issues was back in April. Best case you’ll get another Hankins type, but again if that’s the goal why didn’t we just spend the $2M months ago instead of giving up multiple picks later on? This is the exact issue I had with the cowboys offseason and refusal to do much of anything.
This thread has nothing to do about the past. The past is the past. This is about how to improve the team to get them to have a much better chance to make the playoffs and go far.

Havic

Reaction score
This thread has nothing to do about the past. The past is the past. This is about how to improve the team to get them to have a much better chance to make the playoffs and go far.
Quality DT's are hard to find and you are going to give up a premium pick to get a decent one. RB is a far better option imo. Miles Sanders in Carolina could come relatively cheap with a late rounder.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

Mr. GM Jerry Jones, please do the needful.
No team in the entire league is stacked enough at DT to even fathom a trade, especially with the Jones boys.
You are living in Maui Waui ville USA, Rock....lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This thread is about delusion. There is a realistic chance you’ll be able to get an upgrade at RB. The odds of finding a team willing to part with a legitimate interior DL who actually loves the needle is slim to none though unless you’re parting with a 1st rounder.

starfan1

Reaction score
It’s week 2. I don’t doubt we can improve with a move or 2 but I’m not ready to claim the season is over if we don’t

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No team in the entire league is stacked enough at DT to even fathom a trade, especially with the Jones boys.
You are living in Maui Waui ville USA, Rock....lol
Do you have Typhus? Teams like Carolina and others whose seasons may be soon over will be looking for assets going forward.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys can help their cause to not only make the playoffs but to go far with 2 roster moves. Trade for a legitimate DT and trade for a legitimate RB. Just my layman's opinion that these 2 moves would help greatly in stopping the run, and running the ball.

People will say the RB can’t be fixed because of the scheme. I disagree. You do not have to run the ball for a lot of yards. You just have to be able to run when you need to run.

I don’t know how many people remember but when Hankins was originally signed, the run defense immediately improved. Hankins also played in the GB disaster but Quinns defense was flawed. Give Zimmer a legitimate NT and he’ll fix the defense.

Mr. GM Jerry Jones, please do the needful.
Probably have to wait to closer to the trade deadline to see what teams are looking to sell.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's pretty clear they are going to be in a complete rebuild.

Their GM and Head Coach are probably going to be fired come week 5, if they lose the Browns this week.
I only question the salary cap ramifications for trading someone they just signed to a deal.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I think the ship has sailed. We "like our guys" but comp picks ain't gonna cut it. We could use some oline help as well so there's another trade to think about.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Do you have Typhus? Teams like Carolina and others whose seasons may be soon over will be looking for assets going forward.
Yes, and I'm burning up at the opportunity to make any deal at this point.... :muttley:

Mikexike

Reaction score
Who's fault is it that this can’t be achieved ? Is it the jones or mcclay thinking the roster is good? Is mcclay pounding the table telling them to do this and that the odds of winning the sb higher?