News: MRI confirms torn ACL for Trevon Diggs - Post 263

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Just brutal to lose Diggs for the season. You really don't expect to lose CB1 for the season during practice, but staying healthy as a team comes down to pure luck. We've all seen a rash of injuries ruin entire seasons for teams. Hopefully our guys catch a break and avoid any more serious injuries this year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
San Francisco won the game on both sides of it's lines...get ready Dallas. They are yours and running the ball to the outside consistently. They are coming at you, Parsons and Lawrence...Smith, Smith, Martin, and Reece...beat them to the spots.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I've been seeing rod Woodsons name mentioned due to him returning from an acl. Let's be clear, I like diggs but he hasn't shown that type of dawg in him to come back like that. Just be ready next year

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I figured it out as soon as I heard. Bland goes outside and Lewis is in the slot.
That will be the plan. We'll see how it works out. I haven't been impressed by Bland's play as an outside corner so far, but maybe he'll be able to step it up.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2023/all/cornerback//

If Cowboys want a more experienced, starting vet CB immediately, here would be street FA choices.

Mind you that vet plan to start, that they would have to be brought up to snuff with the scheme and workings
of the defense.

Otherwise the choices are Bland, Iggy, Izzy and rookie Scott as outside CB choices.
I think we'll run through the guys that we've got. And then we'll look for a trade if that doesn't work. By that time, there'll be some teams that know that their season isn't headed toward success.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2023/all/cornerback//

If Cowboys want a more experienced, starting vet CB immediately, here would be street FA choices.

Mind you that vet plan to start, that they would have to be brought up to snuff with the scheme and workings
of the defense.

Otherwise the choices are Bland, Iggy, Izzy and rookie Scott as outside CB choices.
If the guys we have don't cut it they'll have to trade for someone, street bums won't cut it either.

rambo2

Reaction score

quickccc

Reaction score
That will be the plan. We'll see how it works out. I haven't been impressed by Bland's play as an outside corner so far, but maybe he'll be able to step it up.
ditto here as well.

I'm not a fan of his head not getting turned around to see/locate the ball.
And I've not seen it in preseason games either.

He'll be so pressed to learn by baptism and on the run as an outside starting CB now.
and Quinn will have to have a Plan B in mind.