News: MRI confirms torn ACL for Trevon Diggs - Post 263

quickccc

Reaction score
Remember 2014?

Sean lee was by far our best defensive player. He got tangled up with Martin in practice and tore his ACL. It was doom and gloom here! But we had a great season 12-4. It ended with the Dez catch and robbery in GB.

If the team can stay fairly healthy from here on out I think things will be okay. The Eagles and 49ers don’t run a lot of 3 WR sets. We will be okay with Gilmore and Bland starting if the front 7 stays healthy. Don’t lose hope let’s see how week 5 goes vs SF.

And that was because in 2014, once Lee was lost for the season, our personnel team went out and recruited Rolando McClain ( yes, Purple Drink man)

- McClain was immensely talented, athletic and physically imposing - and when he was motivated and in game shape,
he could be a sheer force. An instinctive, mobile 255 lb tagger who could not only stuff both the
lead blocking FB and RB at the same time in the backfield for no gain and losses, but could drop
into pass coverage lanes for INTs.

- The Cowboys also made the defensive keys more simpler for LB Bruce Carter - who surprisingly led the team in INTs.
with his own ability to drop into passing lanes.

- Also 2014 was a true commitment to running the ball with DeMarco Murray,..
and this was even more effective and greater impact than the Marion Barber days
(BTW, a guy that never rushed for over 1,000 yards in his career)
Murrray went on to have the best single season rushing record in Cowboys history,
- even more than HOF'ers Emmitt and Dorsett.

- Romo seem to have his best seasons, when he had a truly effective run game to lead with.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ditto here as well.

I'm not a fan of his head not getting turned around to see/locate the ball.
And I've not seen it in preseason games either.

He'll be so pressed to learn by baptism and on the run as an outside starting CB now.
and Quinn will have to have a Plan B in mind.
I do think it is fair to him to point out that he proved to be the best option at outside corner last year after Brown was lost and the defense played pretty well with hi there in the playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
WTH. They need practice less. Just walk through. No contact.
well, if you remember Jerry actually did that once. with Wade, we had a camp injury so he went contactless, more like walk throughs. we got into games and we played like it. like it was a walk through.

quickccc

Reaction score
I do think it is fair to him to point out that he proved to be the best option at outside corner last year after Brown was lost and the defense played pretty well with hi there in the playoffs.
Great point.

I do not recall Tom Brady nor Shanahan being able to take advantage of the new starting CB that
replaced Anthony Brown in the playoffs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Bro let’s hope not. Every body heals different. For him he says it’s psychological. Says his knee is good. Either it’s not or him and Dak aren’t on the same page or it’s just game 2. Don’t know but his stats aren’t matching the ones before his injury are they. Either WR or DB really depends on them knees.
I'm just saying look at Gallup