News: MSN: Jerry Looking to Make Big Splash in Draft

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That would be so freaking awesome!! Give them what they want.
Yep

You wanna generate some excitement, enthusiasm and renewed hope for this and the next generation of Cowboys fans, go get Burrows. Give McCarthy true Elite talent to work with.

In the right situation and supporting cast Burrows could be the next Mahomes. In Cincinnati he might be a bust.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yep

You wanna generate some excitement, enthusiasm and renewed hope for this and the next generation of Cowboys fans, go get Burrows. Give McCarthy true Elite talent to work with.

In the right situation and supporting cast Burrows could be the next Mahomes. In Cincinnati he might be a bust.

The cowboys have zero chance of getting Burrows. It’s not going to happen.

If the cowboys had a high draft pick already. I would say sure, go for it. It would just cost way too many draft picks to make it happen.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry has the draft capital to move into the #1 spot to grab Burrow. We have a multitude of holes on defense especially that we largely must address in the draft process. Despite what this board may think, Dak will get locked up and QB is far from the biggest weakness on this team. Now Jerry moving up 10 or so spots to take a stud pass rusher...I'd be okay with that.

If anyone moves into the #1 spot, I'd expect it to be a team like Miami, Tampa Bay, or LAC.

This, would probably have to get into the following year capitol (draft) to make it work.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep

Dallas is smart and conservative.. That’s why they are mediocre at best.

Jerry used to understand that sometimes taking risks were needed.

Now we just line up the next year and hope for different results. At least we finally have a new coach.

lwehlers

Reaction score
count me in on trading for burrows. he would he hell of lot cheaper and probably play as well as Prescott has played. make his first year a run based offense and lean on the o-line and zeke and pollard we could win that way until burrows is ready to take on full role of the offense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
count me in on trading for burrows. he would he hell of lot cheaper and probably play as well as Prescott has played. make his first year a run based offense and lean on the o-line and zeke and pollard we could win that way until burrows is ready to take on full role of the offense.

And be left with zero premium draft picks to address the poor defensive play that the cowboys have.

Mr_437

Reaction score
With Jerry lighting fires and kicking tires?
Anything could happen at anytime. It's been done before.
Haha love that lighting fires and kicking tires. How much control does Jerry have with decision by committee approach they have in place. I don't recall Jerry doing much lately...it would be cool to see, but feels like the reputation of Jerry wildcating is from days long past.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Haha love that lighting fires and kicking tires. How much control does Jerry have with decision by committee approach they have in place. I don't recall Jerry doing much lately...it would be cool to see, but feels like the reputation of Jerry wildcating is from days long past.
I don't think he wildcats as much, but he always has final decision.
It does seem he listens more to his guys than his gut now.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If by some miracle the Cowboys do get him maybe our fans will learn his name? :muttley:

Joe Burrow
No. There are still goobs that type Michael Irving and Jason Whitten to this very day.
Burrows will be a thing before it's a thing.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Nothing to see here folks.

Same is said for Jerry almost every year. Peterson, Donald to name a few we were rumored up to get.
.....and most thought Jed was gonna hand the football people full control.

Pick another one that looks great in the shower and get you some gloory hole, coach.........heard this a thousand times.

Epic. Fail.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Since the Cowboys might lose Jones in free agency, it would be intriguing to see them replace him with Jeff Okudah, who is another top prospect from Ohio State.

Thank goodness!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

If the cowboys had a high draft pick already. I would say sure, go for it. It would just cost way too many draft picks to make it happen.
Probably not but it’s offseason. Fun to discuss. If not interested why bother?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted. I didn't see it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...aft-could-trade-up/ar-BBZW3mn?ocid=spartandhp

The Dallas Cowboys have the 17th overall pick in the upcoming NFL Draft, but that may not be good enough for owner Jerry Jones.

The Cowboys have several players scheduled to become free agents next month, and they may have to replace some of that talent in the draft. A source close to the team told Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network that Jones “wants to make a big splash” on draft day, which could mean Dallas is going to explore moving up the board.

According to Pauline, the Cowboys have done a lot of scouting work on Ohio State prospects. The biggest Buckeyes prospect is obviously defensive end Chase Young, but he is expected to go as high as No. 2 to the Washington Commanders. It would take a massive haul to move up from No. 17 to No. 2, so that seems unlikely for the Cowboys.

However, they could target Ohio State star cornerback Jeffrey Okudah, who is considered the best defensive back in the draft. Landing him would certainly qualify as a “big splash” for Dallas.

I dont see any source in this article citing.

And regardless of that its the same talk JJ does every year to keep Dallas in the news. Because News sells. St/u JJ!