Much ado about Lance (or nothing)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM playing on a 1 year contract is going to play who he believes will win games period.

If GM Jethro wants to extend him mid season, then start Trance, I could see that happening.

If the future is Trance, why would GM Jethro want to start all over again with a new OC. Trance needs as much consistency as possible.
Like almost every young QB?

Like dak had.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
The fans who think Cooper Rush is better than Dak are in the twilight zone and shouldn’t even be following football. Some fans want Lance to be the backup or even the starter regardless if he can play or not.
If Dak was so great ? Why would fans not want him ?

I guess the only one who knows football is you ??!!!

Lolz

rambo2

Reaction score
Let's say the Dak deal doesn't get done by week 1.

I know there are people out there (not too many, but some) who really think Rush is better than even Dak (which would make him a lot better than Lance) but if Dak should get hurt Lance should be the #2. It would help to see how he manages a game. I can't (or won't) imagine a scenario where you give up on a 4th round pick after 2 years, which Lance essentially is.

I think, regardless of whether Dak gets re-signed, Lance WILL BE re-signed to an above-average backup deal here in Dallas. Hell, the Raiders gave ~$10m to Minshew, right?
It's looking like Lance will be the 2nd qb.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak was so great ? Why would fans not want him ?

I guess the only one who knows football is you ??!!!

Lolz
Who said Dak was so great? He’s clearly one of the top QBs in the league and it’s not even debatable by those who know football. Most Cowboy fans don’t want him because of the money it’s going to cost to keep him and they’ve convinced themselves that he’s not very good and is the number one reason we haven’t had playoff success. This is a stupid fan base. Just look around the board, you have a few fans claiming Trey Lance has emerged because he showed some improvement the other night and should be our starting QB this season. If that’s not stupid, what is? Lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
How do you get 150 yards and zero interceptions with incredible inaccuracy?
By throwing 4 yard passes and everything else out of bounds.

How does he get basically zero YAC yards?

Because you can't hit a WR in stride.

rambo2

Reaction score
Actually I never thought about it. Why would they develop Lance if they had no intentions of him coming back? They have to be interested in bringing him back at least at a certain price?
They can give him an extension with incentives if he starts some games.

rambo2

Reaction score
For next year's draft. Lot's of players being showcased in pre-season. I just can't see Lance being very successful in anything but a RPO-centric offense. His accuracy/touch is very sub-par for a pro QB.
The touchdown was right on the money. He also had impressive run to set up long field goal and impressive td run.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Let's say the Dak deal doesn't get done by week 1.

I know there are people out there (not too many, but some) who really think Rush is better than even Dak (which would make him a lot better than Lance) but if Dak should get hurt Lance should be the #2. It would help to see how he manages a game. I can't (or won't) imagine a scenario where you give up on a 4th round pick after 2 years, which Lance essentially is.

I think, regardless of whether Dak gets re-signed, Lance WILL BE re-signed to an above-average backup deal here in Dallas. Hell, the Raiders gave ~$10m to Minshew, right?
I will take "Or Nothing" $1,000 Alex.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I watched both pre-season games and left both scratching my head about Lance's inaccuracy at his level. NFL defenses are going to chew him up. I just can not imagine his accuracy or touch is going to improve much. I don't buy the "it's a lack of game time or practice" excuse, come'on man, the guy has been playing football for how many years and the throwing skill should be polished by now. Other than being another RPO-driven product, not sure what the scouts see. If Dallas was interested in that type of offense, maybe he could succeed. I still believe he was acquired as future trade bait. JJ might feel he can pull off a 4th for a 1st for a 2nd round pick deal at the end of this.
He had a pretty dramatic improvement after his 2nd drive against LV. It was night and day between game 1 + those two drives and the rest of the game.

After that point he was 14/19 (74%) for 149 yds (7.8 YPA) with 1 TD and 0 ints.

Passer rating of 113.7.

On top of that he added 4 carries for 28 yards (not counting the two kneeldowns) and another TD.

Also, I believe they have been working on some of his mechanics this year which can throw a player off for awhile.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By throwing 4 yard passes and everything else out of bounds.

How does he get basically zero YAC yards?

Because you can't hit a WR in stride.
Well except he did not throw 35 times.

And you expect to be taken seriously? Really?

He was 15 for 23 which is 10 yards per completion . And ZERO Interceptions....so far.

And you expect to be taken seriously? Really?

You could try a bit harder.... maybe? Don't let your hate downgrade your cognitive...hate. DO BETTER!