Muhammad Wilkerson to be released?

batman36

Reaction score
Oh I know. Even though he isn't the official GM, he is the guy calling the shots.
They did that dumb deal to get it to fit the first year, but it completely screwed up the remaining years cap hit wise.
They have had that mindset of "one player away" and foolishly used to blow their load on overrated Free agents. Ireland started that trend before resigning in 13/14.

Dude is slowly making the Dolphins worse, some how, with all his bad extensions/contract handling.
True, he hasn't done a good job in Miami. You'd think an NFL owner wouldn't hire these guys with that kind of a track record.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I agree with the premise of what you said. But with all due respect, the two players you mention didn't sign $86 million dollar contract extensions with teams they didn't want to play with, in fact they didn't even sign a first contract with those certain teams.

Kind of makes you question his decision making if he resigned a long term contract with a team he has no interest in being a part of. At least Elway and Eli were up front about it from the start.

You're absolutely right. I was more trying to make a point that there's precedence. I don't want this cat if he's expensive, but I'd take a flyer on him if it was team friendly. Never hurts.

And this guy wouldn't count as us being a spender in FA. I'd be furious if they signed a guy like this and said they "went after a high profile player."

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Muhammad Wilkerson - DL - Jets
A team source told the New York Daily News that DE Muhammad Wilkerson is "gone" after this season.

Benched in the first quarter of last week's win over the Chiefs, Wilkerson has been habitually tardy to team meetings, underachieved on the field, and upset the New York media in addition to teammates. The Jets can release Wilkerson before his 2018 salary of $16.75 million becomes guaranteed in early March, which would cause a $9 million dead-money cap charge but save Gang Green $11 million underneath the cap. When deciding between keeping Sheldon Richardson and Wilkerson in 2016, the Jets chose the wrong guy. Richardson is now keying Seattle's elite run defense on a team with an 8-4 record.

Why I said earlier, I'd take his former teammate in heartbeat with the right kind of deal

Source: New York Daily News
Dec 6 - 9:17 PM

waving monkey

Reaction score
You've heard him mocked just as often for not giving big deals to the wrong kinds of guys, so there's your counter argument.

We can not sign Wilkerson, and mock Garrett for being inactive or unable to motivate problem players. Or we can sign him and mock him for whiffing on a FA and for not being able to motivate problem players.

I guess there's a third option where we sign him, he plays well, and we mock Garrett for being late to see what we all knew all along.

Either way, were covered, and Jason Garrett is an idiot, so that's cool.
The Garrett mocks are many but thats a nice rejoinder