Muhammad Wilkerson trade?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't see why there is so much interest in him from us fans. For starters, I'm pretty sure there is no interest from the team, if so I definitely missed it and on top of everything, where does he play? He's a 1T, not a 3T, so he bumps our new investment, Thornton to the bench? Doesn't seem likely imo. If we played him out of position at the 3T, that forced Crawford to LDE? Not sure if that makes the cost to get him and pay him, worth it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't see why there is so much interest in him from us fans. For starters, I'm pretty sure there is no interest from the team, if so I definitely missed it and on top of everything, where does he play? He's a 1T, not a 3T, so he bumps our new investment, Thornton to the bench? Doesn't seem likely imo. If we played him out of position at the 3T, that forced Crawford to LDE? Not sure if that makes the cost to get him and pay him, worth it.

He had 12 sacks in a 3-4, he's a natural 3 tech who could probably play 1 and possibly SDE

Reactions: BAT

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He had 12 sacks in a 3-4, he's a natural 3 tech who could probably play 1 and possibly SDE

I don't think he's a 3T and he certainly doesn't fit the mold of what Marinelli has used, I think he's a 1T who will put up very good sack numbers. And while he *could* play SDE, I don't think the cost to get him (draft picks) or his salary would be worth it, unless he's inside. Which considering what we have there, doesn't make a ton of sense. Yes he's better than what we have, but if they wanted Wilkerson, why sign Thorton?

fortdick

Reaction score
Swap draft picks and walk off with a quality defensive linemen from the start...That would probably put Dallas into a more productive spot to start out in, for draft purposes. They then wouldn't over pay for plugging holes and improving.

Throw in a cheap resigning of Hardy, and we have the makings of a coup on our hands...

No.