****Multiple Eagles threads Merged****

Roughneck

Reaction score
I don't care if it is only Week 1 and we share First with two other teams, it still feels damn good to type that.

:D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roughneck said:
I don't care if it is only Week 1 and we share First with two other teams, it still feels damn good to type that.

:laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Roughneck said:

It was that way in 2003 too.....

It does have a nice ring to it though.

For one week at least, it seems that things are FINALLY back to the way they SHOULD be.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
How sweet it is!!!

I know its week one but they are the only NFC East to to not win.

Go Cowboys!!!

gosuns

Reaction score
Week 1 I know... But hey we still gotta celebrate... And please don't give me that "were tied with the deadskins and the g-spots" crap... We are better than then and the e-girls have a loss!!!!

Reaction score
Damned straight. The 'Boys winning Sunday was like Christmas. The Fecals losing the next day was like New Years Eve. Always a reason to celebrate.
What a way to start the season.

Maybe I've had a few too many cold ones, but did anyone else notice there was almost a conscious effort to keep the ball away from T.O. during the 2nd half? Think about it... not quoting stats mind you, but in the 1st half, he racked up about 6 catches for around 70 yards. As much as the announcers were saying what's his name (the Atlanta db) was doing such a good job blanketing Owens, EVERY time a close up of the matchup was shown T.O. had a step on the guy. He could've gotten open ANY time he wanted to. Seems to me putting up a 1st half like that, he SHOULD have been the 'go to' guy after halftime, but when push came to shove & the clock was working against them, the Eagles still didn't look his way except at the very end & those balls were basically uncatchable.

I KNOW, team politics aside, it would be totally idiotic to consciously take your best player out of the game, yet it sure as heck seems to me that's exactly what they did. (Like the Chargers not getting LT2 heavily involved in the 2nd half in our game.) Soap opera that their recent history has been, T.O.'s been an angel since he came back to camp. It's almost as if they KNOW he's going to pitch a hissy fit over this, giving them a reason to unload his sorry butt. Thoughts???

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Roughneck said:

Great observation Roughneck.....I agree!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The locals here have completely lost it. One caller to the local station said TO is dropping passes purposefully to sabotage the team. They are a very undisciplined team right now. It's too bad they play the woeful Niners next week.

Falcon

Reaction score
I am happy the Eagles lost, but Reid really screwed up. McNabb was clearly feeling the effects of that sandwich. You have to get he out and use your 2nd stringer. Almost every throw he made after that hit was off target, mostly low. You can't leave him in hurt. One analyst I read earlier said with all the off-season problems philty had, they would be OK unless McNabb got hurt.

I have also bee wondering, winning cures a lot of ills, a loss like this may open TO up again about McNabb and heally hose them up.

I was watching the NFL network pregame and after the fight and ejections, Mora walked away from Mathis (it looked like) by the the camera with a big s***eating grin and winked to someone off camera. Did he set this up? 2nd tring Mathis takes out 1st string Trotter? I know Trotter threw the first punch, but it isn't hard to push someones buttons to instigate that.

:iggles:

vicjagger

Reaction score
Props to Kevin Mathis (former Cowboy) for his part in getting Trotter tossed. Philly likely wins this game with him in the middle of the D.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Someone has gotz to start a fight with Jeremiah Trotter to get him kicked out of the game! We're guaranteed an easy 200 yards on the ground with Trotter out and Julius in! :laugh2:

So who can we afford to get kicked out of the game?

I think Tyson Thompson would be the man. He's known for a nasty attitude, we have super depth at running back, and he's on the bubble after some reckless practices, so you know he's just itching to please Parcells.

If we want to avoid the crap from Eagles fans about how they lost a starter and we lost a backup, we can always throw Lousaka Polite to the wolves. He is our starting fullback after all. ;) Nevermind that the Cowboys could get by with Campbell and Witten instead, and Bledsoe might live a little longer, it's the thought that counts.

Who should be Parcells' hitman come gameday versus the Eaglets? :shoot1:

Reaction score
WV,
They are well coached and will win alot this year, but the falcs aren't that great ether...

The team from Filthy has had their window shut...

Between them having bad chemistry and teams now being able to matchup better...They will have no cakewalks this year like in the past...

Cowboy fan from NY...I thought they still threw to "TO" often, but they weren't completing many in the 2nd 1/2...

Love to see McChunk getting hit...He is too heavy to run as well as he use to...

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Boy's fan in Giant land said:
Maybe I've had a few too many cold ones, but did anyone else notice there was almost a conscious effort to keep the ball away from T.O. during the 2nd half?

I think that DeAngelo (sp?) Hall did an excellent job of covering T.O. Didn't talk smack to him until the game was over. You could tell that the eerie silence of his defender was kinda of rattling T.O a bit. (Dropped passes, etc) I think they threw to T.O lik 12-15 times? Does that sound right? I think Hall defensed like 7 or 8 passes. Maybe less, but he did a great job for a 2nd year corner.