****Multiple Eagles threads Merged****

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
They gave up 200 yards on the ground, but they've done that before and still won. They lost this game because they only scored 10 points. I was less than impressed with their offense. The quarterback who made the term "worm ball" famous through a whole lot of those last night.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
They gave up 200 yards on the ground, but they've done that before and still won. They lost this game because they only scored 10 points. I was less than impressed with their offense. The quarterback who made the term "worm ball" famous through a whole lot of those last night.

Well.... I wasn't being that serious, but since you diverted it back that direction, how about DeAngelo Hall? TO still had his catches, but Hall was on him like glue! A great interception when McNabb underthrew him, and some clutch coverage in the 4th quarter. I hope our 1st round corner can do something like that.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
WV,
They are well coached and will win alot this year, but the falcs aren't that great ether...

The team from Filthy has had their window shut...

Between them having bad chemistry and teams now being able to matchup better...They will have no cakewalks this year like in the past...

Cowboy fan from NY...I thought they still threw to "TO" often, but they weren't completing many in the 2nd 1/2...

Love to see McChunk getting hit...He is too heavy to run as well as he use to...
All true, but "Don't kid yourselves, the Eagles will be back."

morasp

Reaction score
It's amazing how the eagle trolls have eased up since we won and they lost. Before the weekend they used their Jedi mind tricks on some of our weaker minded memebers and got them to admit defeat before the game. Let's see what next week brings.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
All true, but "Don't kid yourselves, the Eagles will be back."

I agree, they stumbled out of the gates and I love that but Philly is still the team to beat in the NFC East

Tobal

Reaction score
Hall did ok, but the pressure kept Owens from beating Hall deep.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
I don't care if it is only Week 1 and we share First with two other teams, it still feels damn good to type that.

:D

it feels even better to say it out loud!!!!!!!!

LAST PLACE IGGLES!!!!!!

hahahaha

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Someone has gotz to start a fight with Jeremiah Trotter to get him kicked out of the game! We're guaranteed an easy 200 yards on the ground with Trotter out and Julius in! :laugh2:

So who can we afford to get kicked out of the game?

I think Tyson Thompson would be the man. He's known for a nasty attitude, we have super depth at running back, and he's on the bubble after some reckless practices, so you know he's just itching to please Parcells.

If we want to avoid the crap from Eagles fans about how they lost a starter and we lost a backup, we can always throw Lousaka Polite to the wolves. He is our starting fullback after all. ;) Nevermind that the Cowboys could get by with Campbell and Witten instead, and Bledsoe might live a little longer, it's the thought that counts.

Who should be Parcells' hitman come gameday versus the Eaglets? :shoot1:

Rowdy the Mascot!!!

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
Today is one of the few days I really looked forward to going into work. There were excuse everywhere. I said look on the bright side, there is no where to go but up....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well.... I wasn't being that serious, but since you diverted it back that direction, how about DeAngelo Hall? TO still had his catches, but Hall was on him like glue! A great interception when McNabb underthrew him, and some clutch coverage in the 4th quarter. I hope our 1st round corner can do something like that.

IMO it would be a big mistake to put TNEW on TO. TO will eat him alive. Better put Henry on TO and give him a little help with our safety and OLB. Let TNEW cover their no.2 (but even that gives me bad feelings about TNEW).

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Falcon said:
I am happy the Eagles lost, but Reid really screwed up. McNabb was clearly feeling the effects of that sandwich. You have to get he out and use your 2nd stringer. Almost every throw he made after that hit was off target, mostly low.
:iggles:

McNabb usually throws low and off target, that wasnt the result of the injury

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
I just happened to be in Atlanta yesterday & today for a business meeting. By fluke, we were booked in the same hotel as the team (altho I wasn't there Sunday nite) & a lot of their fans. Well, Monday nite at around 5-6 pm, they were out on the balconies of the inner atrium (a 20-story or so hotel) yelling & screaming & chanting "E-A-G-L-E-S" (at least we know they can spell one word, anyway) & insulting anyone on the main floor they could see. (I finally went up to one of them & asked them if they could spell A*****ES, since that's what they were.) We even got to the point where we were nicely asking the security people if, after the game, they'd make sure there wouldn't be a lot of noise. It was my first experience with NFL fans, & I have to say--they definitely did NOT represent their team well. (What a shock.)

Funny, but the hotel was quiet as a church after the game, & not because of security! :laugh2:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
No surprise, there. These guys have, over the course of many years, earned the right to be considered the most classless fans in the NFL. Raiders fans are the only ones that even come close.

Reaction score
I think it's obvious. We put our biggest, best, & most physical CB, Anthony Henry, on T.O. and put a blanket on him. This is the whole reason we chose Henry over smaller available CBs. That will give us single coverage on their best receiver & allow us to use various blitz packages to confuse & frustrate McNagg. Sounds like a familiar strategy, huh?...haha.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I have to put the blame at the feet of McNabb for this one. He held onto the ball way too long and his passes were either in the ground are at his receivers feet.

I think Bryan Westbrook is the MVP of there team, and if they lose him, they are in deep "you know what".

- Mike G.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I have to put the blame at the feet of McNabb for this one. He held onto the ball way too long and his passes were either in the ground are at his receivers feet.

I think Bryan Westbrook is the MVP of there team, and if they lose him, they are in deep "you know what".

- Mike G.

Hiya Mick! I haven't seen you in a while on the Zone. Good to see ya writing. I still visit your website for stats during debates here. You have my favorite Cowboys history collection. I love the way everything is organized over there. And BTW, that's probably the first Tuey sig I've ever seen on the Zone. Way to represent! Hopefully we have another surprise gem at OT in Petitti.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The best thing about last nite was that McChoke took some Nasty shots, one by Lavailas in the 1st quarter and by Rod Coleman in the 4th. He won't last long with hits like that!. :iggles: :trophy: :disseags: :suxiggle: