Murray to retire. Open to ESPN job

glimmerman

Reaction score
That can't be right, is it? He had 12 mill guaranteed in Tenn and 21 mill guaranteed in Philly not to mention what he made in Dallas. And that's just guaranteed money...
His stint in egirls land got him 9 million. He left after 1 year of the contract. He could have signed a slightly less contract with us and still been playing for us. He made his money in tenn. made 13 million there. He only made a little over 3 million in Dallas.

John813

Reaction score
His stint in egirls land got him 9 million. He left after 1 year of the contract. He could have signed a slightly less contract with us and still been playing for us. He made his money in tenn. made 13 million there. He only made a little over 3 million in Dallas.

Yea, he went after money over fit.

Maybe a place like Oakland, IIRC, he would of made more money long term than a east west team like Kellys Eagles.

Hindsight staying may of worked out more for him, but money is money, many only get one shot at a big payday.

DiResta

Reaction score
I believe you gotta speak to be an analyst you can't just clap for the entire show.

D_boyz
giphy.gif

robjay04

Reaction score
Too bad the Cowboys burn this bridge. I'll take him over any RB on our current roster except Zeke.

The bridge isn’t burnt. He was lobbying hard to be traded here before we drafted Zeke. He is quoted saying he thought it was a done deal.

We just wanted to roll with youth or he didn’t want to accept a backup role, nothing more.

dfense

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray is set to announce he’s retiring today at 2:00 PM. Supposedly he’s angling for ESPN job.

He had a great career. And he happens to be a really good dude.
So, by my count, he had about 2 good years after Cowboys let him walk. If they gave him his 4+ year contract that he wanted at the time, the Cowboys running game would have started to slide badly right after they lose Romo for good. That would have been disasterous. Good call Jerrah. Good call.

Hardline

Reaction score
Loved him as a Cowboy.
Hated him as a Sooner.

I wish him the best on his future endeavors.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Hmmm.....Stephen's take-it or leave-it offer to Murray was $5M range. Eagles paying 9M isn't "slightly" less but no way he's getting that from the Cowboys. Point is Stephen screwed this whole DeMarco himself. He could have easily extended DeMarco BEFORE the start of 2014 season for $4-5M but he hedged his bet and Murray ends up leading the league on rushing. To save face, Stephen started a neg media circus around Murray's contract issues, running backs declines after 30, any running back can run behind this OL. He even leaked to Fish some so-called new Cowboy philosophy that the team would know invest prem resources in RB position. Bottom line, he had no intention of resigning Murray. Romo, Jason Witten, and Garrett all publicly vouch to keep the 2014 team intact but he was sold on knucklehead Randell. Didn't even bother trying to sign a vet replacement.

Sorry for the rant .......but it still p me off how he screwed our 2015 season.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Why is everything Cowboy related or someone that was associated with Cowboys making news on Fridays?

He had a good career and I think he will do well in whatever he choose to do.