Murray to retire. Open to ESPN job

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hmmm.....Stephen's take-it or leave-it offer to Murray was $5M range. Eagles paying 9M isn't "slightly" less but no way he's getting that from the Cowboys. Point is Stephen screwed this whole DeMarco himself. He could have easily extended DeMarco BEFORE the start of 2014 season for $4-5M but he hedged his bet and Murray ends up leading the league on rushing. To save face, Stephen started a neg media circus around Murray's contract issues, running backs declines after 30, any running back can run behind this OL. He even leaked to Fish some so-called new Cowboy philosophy that the team would know invest prem resources in RB position. Bottom line, he had no intention of resigning Murray. Romo, Jason Witten, and Garrett all publicly vouch to keep the 2014 team intact but he was sold on knucklehead Randell. Didn't even bother trying to sign a vet replacement.

Sorry for the rant .......but it still p me off how he screwed our 2015 season.
I don’t disagree with you. I heard they were only about 1 mil or so off per year. About 6-7 and egirls offered him 8. SJ should have went short term and offered guaranteed money. Romo even offered to help pay him by redoing his contract. Total BS why they wouldn’t try harder. I did not like his fumbling. Maybe that had something to do with it. But the idea randall was going to do the same was hard to believe and he blew it out his behind before the season started. Didn’t they have McFadden signed? They should have started him to begin with.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray is set to announce he’s retiring today at 2:00 PM. Supposedly he’s angling for ESPN job.

He had a great career. And he happens to be a really good dude.

Should have stayed with Dallas instead of being greedy and he would have had a better career.

lwehlers

Reaction score
great player for the cowboys. I just wished he would not have fumbled in the third quarter against the packers in the playoff game. if he does not fumble he scores on that play and maybe the Bryant catch would not have mattered at the end that game. still a great player.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Hmmm.....Stephen's take-it or leave-it offer to Murray was $5M range. Eagles paying 9M isn't "slightly" less but no way he's getting that from the Cowboys. Point is Stephen screwed this whole DeMarco himself. He could have easily extended DeMarco BEFORE the start of 2014 season for $4-5M but he hedged his bet and Murray ends up leading the league on rushing. To save face, Stephen started a neg media circus around Murray's contract issues, running backs declines after 30, any running back can run behind this OL. He even leaked to Fish some so-called new Cowboy philosophy that the team would know invest prem resources in RB position. Bottom line, he had no intention of resigning Murray. Romo, Jason Witten, and Garrett all publicly vouch to keep the 2014 team intact but he was sold on knucklehead Randell. Didn't even bother trying to sign a vet replacement.

Sorry for the rant .......but it still p me off how he screwed our 2015 season.

I agree jones should have drafted a running back in the 2015 draft instead of thinking that randell was worth wasting time on.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Good player who was just worn down. He's rich man though! Doesn't have to work another day of his life if he didn't want to.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Congratulations to him. Clearly he made the right choice in the money grab to Philly, as he turned out not having a lot of earning power left. He has some Cowboy records that could stand for a while.
Ya, like in theatrics ,when he pulled off that 15 yarder awarded against #6 after he went to play for MO' MONEYo_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/brennan-clay-apologizes-to-demarco-murray-gina-dagostini/250934

BzAQCt6.png
V-man,,,keeping it real on his watch
:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I liked what he did for us while he was here.....chasing the $$$ and signing with the eagles with Kelly trying to turn a N/S runner into an E/W runner absolutely killed his career.....had he not done that and stayed in Dallas he would probably still be playing another year or two...........his actions with Bailey was uncalled for when Bailey was just trying to greet a former teammate for the first time since he left the team.......anyway, I wish him well in the future.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DeMarco Murray is set to announce he’s retiring today at 2:00 PM. Supposedly he’s angling for ESPN job.

He had a great career. And he happens to be a really good dude.

Good lad, he is. He never tarnished The Star. We are proud of you.