Music - Best live performance during your lifetime; your opinion

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Jane's Addiction (12/1990 Portland, OR). I was in the slam pit, and during the song Pig's In Zen, Perry jumped into the crowed right on top of me. I lost my shoe during the concert and a friend found it later (lol).

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Jane's Addiction (12/11/1990 Portland, OR). I was in the slam pit, and during the song Pig's In Zen, Perry jumped into the crowed right on top of me. I lost my shoe during the concert and a friend found it later (lol).
That's awesome. Always liked Jane Says. Going to listen to it now. :flagwave:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's awesome. Always liked Jane Says. Going to listen to it now. :flagwave:

Perry had the orange dreadlocks at the time. I pulled a lock of it from his hair, and he turned around and hit a guy next to me. I still have the dreadlock (gave to my brother after the concert).

566774781-janes-addiction-1993-perry-farrell-singer-of-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Perry had the orange dreadlocks at the time. I pulled a lock of it from his hair, and he turned around a hit a guy next to me. I still have the dreadlock (gave to my brother after the concert).
Little brother i hope?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
This is a tough, tough call.
If I had to pick one it would have been seeing Van Halen in the summer of 79 @ the OKC Civic Center. Just 4 guys, a simple stage, no effects or nonsense and a wall of amps and you could tell they were going to be the next big thing.

Honorable mentions go to...
Page and Plant in 98
And anytime I have seen RUSH {80,86,2015}.

Worst ever.........
Kansas....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RunDMC / Beastie Boys back in '88 or so in Houston......and I don't even like rap!

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Black Eyed Peas - 2002- Dallas

I bet almost none of y'all knew of Black Eyed Peas BEFORE Fergie. They were actually hip-hop, and really good. They put on probably the best hip-hop show I've seen. This is right after Joints and Jams came out. Then, they sold out larger than anything I've ever seen on my life.

Best non HipHop show:

Depeche Mode - 2012
Their new stuff is just as rad as their old stuff, IMO. It was my first time seeing DM, so seeing them do classics like "Enjoy the Silence" live was a real treat for me.

Bigdog

Reaction score
U2. I have been to 2 of their concerts, one on each coast and they are amazing.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KISS in '76, Shreveport, LA. It was my first concert and to see them in all their glory and during their heyday was out of this world.

strollinruss

Reaction score
Saw Colin James, Santana, Bad Company, ZZ Top at Texas Jam around 1990. Best collaboration. 3 Doors Down best single act. (Jamey Johnson opened)

TheGodfather

Reaction score
<--- Used to work in the music biz

I've been involved in so many it's really hard to pick one. Some were great because the artist or band was entertaining and some were great because you could see the music move the crowd. If I had to pick one it would be Dire Straits. It was like Knopfler could make the crowd do what he wanted with just his guitar.

strollinruss

Reaction score
:banghead:O

I've been involved in so many it's really hard to pick one. Some were great because the artist or band was entertaining and some were great because you could see the music move the crowd. If I had to pick one it would be Dire Straits. It was like Knopfler could make the crowd do what he wanted with just his guitar.
Like like Don't have button yet:mad:

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Dream Theater, Asheville, NC in 2009.

Rush, Greenville, SC in 2011 is a very close second.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score