Music - Best live performance during your lifetime; your opinion

jimmy40

Reaction score
the best I ever saw as far as the music being exactly like the studio and every band member being right on the whole concert was Night Ranger in '84 or so. yea I know, Night Ranger, kill me.

Hoov

Reaction score
Saw the stones 50th aniversarry tour in Philadelphia. Both nights. But the first night I paid for vip status and was in the pit in the first row right next to main camera guy.

Best live show I have attended.

Seen the stones several times but they pulled out all the stops for this show and it was incredible.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Saw the stones 50th aniversarry tour in Philadelphia. Both nights. But the first night I paid for vip status and was in the pit in the first row right next to main camera guy.

Seen the stones several times but they pulled out all the stops for this show and it was incredible.

I love Keith Richards, and Im a Doors fan. That guy is cooool.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I dont like live music unless its somethin I never heard before.......listen to an album and then listen to same album live, just usually sounds like crud.....OTOH, theres nothin greater than bein outside in a crowd with nice weather, gettin messed up and listenin to good tunes......

Hoov

Reaction score
Last year saw the stones in Pittsburgh

At one point Keith is walking back and forth on the side stage in front of me and some girl in front of me must have flashed him. In between playing he managed to let go of his guitar and raised his fist up and yelled whoa baby then went right back into playing without missing a beat.

Everything he does seems effortless and he is constantly interacting with the crowd while playing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
God...err, Clapton in '82, Saratoga Springs. Coincidentally enough, the Fabulous Thunderbirds opened, and Jimmy Vaughan introduced SRV. Awesome show.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dont like live music unless its somethin I never heard before.......listen to an album and then listen to same album live, just usually sounds like crud.....OTOH, theres nothin greater than bein outside in a crowd with nice weather, gettin messed up and listenin to good tunes......
The blues are better live than studio usually, but other than that I agree.

Reaction score
Random mix but Allman Brothers, Lenny Kravitz (he tore it up), Neal Yong (was rocking that night!), Floyd Division Bell.....Rod Stewart lol (fun concert). Have been to a ton of shows but these were mid/late 90s.

Hoov

Reaction score
It depends on the band. Getting a good studio sound is so different from performing live. I tend to think it takes a true musician to perform live.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

I was there Wells Fargo the 2nd night. I had first row lower teir straight away from the stage. Was only 2 seats in that row it was awesome.

Hoov

Reaction score
I was there Wells Fargo the 2nd night. I had first row lower teir straight away from the stage. Was only 2 seats in that row it was awesome.
Yup. The second night I was in the lower level on the right side. Mick Taylor played 2 songs with the band. I think it was can you hear me knocking and midnight rambler. Ronnie played the steel pedal guitar for one number that Keith sang. I think it was you've got the silver.

Mick changed his outfit about 15 times. Lol. But I was impressed that his vocals were so good at his age. He was really belting it out and in the right keys and octaves.

I've seen older bands where the singer can't sing the songs in the original way. Mick was just the same as always.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yup. The second night I was in the lower level on the right side. Mick Taylor played 2 songs with the band. I think it was can you hear me knocking and midnight rambler. Ronnie played the steel pedal guitar for one number that Keith sang. I think it was you've got the silver.

Mick changed his outfit about 15 times. Lol. But I was impressed that his vocals were so good at his age. He was really belting it out and in the right keys and octaves.

I've seen older bands where the singer can't sing the songs in the original way. Mick was just the same as always.
Saw Mick Taylor in a local bar here in CT, I wanna say it was late '80s. The bar owners were a couple of brothers who used to be in the business, though I never asked them exactly what they did........Mick played some awesome blues that night, can't beat that.....also saw Molly Hatchet in a tiny bar here too, maybe 60 people.
Oddly enough, both bars are now strip clubs.

Hoov

Reaction score
Saw Mick Taylor in a local bar here in CT, I wanna say it was late '80s. The bar owners were a couple of brothers who used to be in the business, though I never asked them exactly what they did........Mick played some awesome blues that night, can't beat that.....also saw Molly Hatchet in a tiny bar here too, maybe 60 people.
Oddly enough, both bars are now strip clubs.
Bet that Mick Taylor show was great

paladin

Reaction score
Talking Head's Stop Making Sense tour. Blew off start of college for 3 days so I could see them play in Austin, front row center SRO, then I drove to FL and bought tickets for the Tampa show, front row little left of center SRO.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Tool put on one of the best show I have ever seen--visually and audibly.

Deftones, whom I have seen around 6 or 7 times, are always great. The smaller the venue, the better the show.