Twitter: MVP Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet another bash Dak thread in disguise. There is no way Zeke has a better chance at winning MVP honors over Dak. This Zeke > Dak campaign needs to end right now. Dak is going to get paid and paid first. Zeke is getting traded if he gets greedy. That is where the priorities are with the Cowboys. Dak is our MVP.

I think Zeke has as good a shot as Dak does, maybe better, but I don't think Garoppolo, Lamar Jackson, Mitchell Trubisky and a few others on the list ahead of them have a better shot than either. But, like someone else wrote, the big impediment to either Zeke or Dak could be that if the team does well enough to have an MVP candidate, Zeke and Dak could split votes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think Zeke has as good a shot as Dak does, maybe better, but I don't think Garoppolo, Lamar Jackson, Mitchell Trubisky and a few others on the list ahead of them have a better shot than either. But, like someone else wrote, the big impediment to either Zeke or Dak could be that if the team does well enough to have an MVP candidate, Zeke and Dak could split votes.
Splitting votes didn't prevent Dak from winning "Rookie Offensive POTY". so there is precedence it will be a none factor. But your point is valid none the less.

nobody

Reaction score
Splitting votes didn't prevent Dak from winning "Rookie Offensive POTY". so there is precedence it will be a none factor. But your point is valid none the less.

I'm all for Dak, but it gets kind of silly to start spreading out awards... Offensive rookie of the year, Defensive rookie of the year. Is this the Oscars?!

(Dak should have been Rookie of the year period.)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm all for Dak, but it gets kind of silly to start spreading out awards... Offensive rookie of the year, Defensive rookie of the year. Is this the Oscars?!

(Dak should have been Rookie of the year period.)
Even though Zeke as a rookie lead the league in rushing yards?

nobody

Reaction score

It would be a tough call, but I'd still give it to Dak. Before Romo got injured, the team was a serious SB contender that year. Dak stepped up big time and helped to keep the team as a contender. Imagine if Moore hadn't been injured too. I seriously doubt the Cowboys would have done as well with him in there.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Considering the year prior where we had a good rushing attack? Dak should've won it.

Look at it this way McFadden ran for over 1k in what 10 games? It was clearly qb play that held the team back in 15 which would mean it was him more than Zeke that gave us the success we had the following year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s already been a lengthy thread about this. Dak has a better chance of being Super Bowl MVP than league MVP. Besides there’s a jinx associated with a QB winning league MVP. The last QB to win league MVP and win the Super Bowl was Kurt Warner.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It would be a tough call, but I'd still give it to Dak. Before Romo got injured, the team was a serious SB contender that year. Dak stepped up big time and helped to keep the team as a contender. Imagine if Moore hadn't been injured too. I seriously doubt the Cowboys would have done as well with him in there.
You make great points. Appreciation for Dak stepping up was in order that year.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You kiss Zeke's feet but you take being called out for as an insult? And then reply in kind with your own insults? I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just calling a spade a spade. If you don't want to be called a kisser of Zeke's feet then stop kissing them.
The truth=kissing feet

Thats sound logic right there.

Move along simpleton

Whyjerry

Reaction score

66/1

source.gif

Someone someday needs to explain the Wentz universal love affair. I just don’t get it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's a fair point, although I think that on top of his success, Dak also benefitted from added story line of having been an unheralded 4th round pick who took the NFL by storm after being unexpectedly thrust into the starting role because of injuries. He was kind of living the fantasy story for a rookie. I don't know that there is the same kind of feel good story around him now to help attract voters. There is also the fact that because offensive rookie of the year is, obviously, restricted to rookies, there is a lot less competition than for MVP.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yet another bash Dak thread in disguise. There is no way Zeke has a better chance at winning MVP honors over Dak. This Zeke > Dak campaign needs to end right now. Dak is going to get paid and paid first. Zeke is getting traded if he gets greedy. That is where the priorities are with the Cowboys. Dak is our MVP.

In disguise?

I don’t have a problem with @WillieBeamen but this thread isn’t a disguised Dak bashing thread. He is pretty open about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.