My #1 Pet Cat for 2013 Draft

RS12

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4542236 said:
I predict Barrett Jones will go very early next year. He can literally play every position on the OL.

He started as a freshman at OG and was a Freshman All-American and in his second year made All-American. He moved to left tackle as a Jr and won the Outland Award. He is moving to Center this year and would not be a surprise at all if he won the Rimington award, he's that talented.

Not to mention he is a team captain and has as good a character and leadership traits as any player could have.

I would love to have him on our team but I believe he will go early next year and I hope we aren't in that target range.

Great sig Captain.

The Realist

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4542236 said:
I predict Barrett Jones will go very early next year. He can literally play every position on the OL.

He started as a freshman at OG and was a Freshman All-American and in his second year made All-American. He moved to left tackle as a Jr and won the Outland Award. He is moving to Center this year and would not be a surprise at all if he won the Rimington award, he's that talented.

Not to mention he is a team captain and has as good a character and leadership traits as any player could have.

I would love to have him on our team but I believe he will go early next year and I hope we aren't in that target range.

I don't think he's a OT in the NFL and as we've just seen interior OL don't go early in the draft.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I really havent looked at the prospects for next year......so I will go with the homer pick......the player I know the best....btw, he is the top ranked DE at this moment on CBSSports.com

DE/OLB Alex Okafor Texas 6'4 260

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Biggems;4542627 said:
I really havent looked at the prospects for next year......so I will go with the homer pick......the player I know the best....btw, he is the top ranked DE at this moment on CBSSports.com

DE/OLB Alex Okafor Texas 6'4 260

If your going to pick one, that's a good one.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;4541675 said:
I'm going to side with The Realist here. As soon as the Draft was over I started thinking about who is my next year's David DeCastro on the interior OL, because as of right now I expect some continued struggles until I see some results.

This is why I wish we would have traded for the future a few years ago when we drafted all those scrubs like Brandon Williams and the like.

Had we traded away 3 or 4 of those picks into the future, and continued doing so...we may have had enough juice in this draft to get Claiborne and DeCastro in the 1st.

It is unfortunate we couldn't trade down in the 3rd and add an extra 4th to get Blake.

The Realist

Reaction score
Process of elimination:

In 1 we won't draft QB, WR, OT, TE, G (I thik we like the young ones on roster for some reason), CB, OLB (we will sign Spencer long term).

Leaves: C, S, DE, RB (I think we would take a complete back to pair with Murray).

Barring a total collapse by the Cowboys again this year, I think the first round S's will go higher, RB's don't grade where we will be picking. DE's I like Kwann Short Purdue and Sheldon Robinson but think Short could very high and Robinson looks like a mid-rounder.

Hence, by process of elimination Barrett Jones has to be the guy when Costa, KK, Nagy all flop this year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't have a pet cat at this point but something tells me it will wind up being a Qb or RB.

Bluefin

Reaction score
One of my favorite players for next year is UNC LB Kevin Reddick.

And let's face it, the Cowboys have a thing for second round ILBs.

Another thing to watch will be the edge rushers, next year's class could be absolutely lethal once the underclassmen declare.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
SDogo;4541551 said:
Brandon Jenkins | LB | Florida St

Finally a pass rusher to help Ware. Spencer Who?

I've got my eyes on his bookend ;)

Bjoern Werner | DE | Florida St

[youtube]gTLRvX9BZjA[/youtube]

Only a true Sophmore last year though so he may not come out.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
No pet yet. I'll be looking for Safeties and DT/DE's. With what we saw this year I hope we can grab a C in the 2nd so I'll have an eye open for them as well.

Casmith has me pretty sold on FS T.J. McDonald though.

The Realist

Reaction score
IMO TJ McDonald should be more of a ballhawk in the pass happy Pac 2.

Lester has more picks in 1 year than TJ has in his career.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Just to throw out another potential OLB name, Dion Jordan the 6'7 edge rusher from Oregon with a monstrous wingspan and reported 4.4 speed.

5774522.jpg

[youtube]aNh0SgWe3rc[/youtube]

a_minimalist

Reaction score
The Realist;4545052 said:
IMO TJ McDonald should be more of a ballhawk in the pass happy Pac 2.

Lester has more picks in 1 year than TJ has in his career.

What's Lester's first name?

rkell87

Reaction score
not overly familiar with the class yet but I do know that there is a pretty good safety class next year with t.j. mcdonald, eric reid, and kenny vaccaro, and possibly mathieu who I think may project to safety in the NFL

rkell87

Reaction score
TheFinisher;4544940 said:
I've got my eyes on his bookend ;)

Bjoern Werner | DE | Florida St

[youtube]gTLRvX9BZjA[/youtube]

Only a true Sophmore last year though so he may not come out.

i watched that game and the one against miami(i think) and he stood out to me in both, the guy gets a crazy jump off the ball.