My 2021 Draft Review and Analysis

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yep, looked at all of them. Bellicheck traded up in the 2nd round to get barmore. You think that was for backup duty? Lol

you homer guys crack me up. Everyone we didn’t take isn’t good and whomever we take is great.

on the other hand, I have likes and dislikes.
my beef with Barmore is he isnt self motivating or thats what i read

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep, looked at all of them. Bellicheck traded up in the 2nd round to get barmore. You think that was for backup duty? Lol

you homer guys crack me up. Everyone we didn’t take isn’t good and whomever we take is great.

on the other hand, I have likes and dislikes.

also, as someone said earlier, maybe the Cowboys just weren't interested in Barmore. Maybe you end up being right that he ends up being a monster. However, I don't see it. I thought in late March he may be a good 1st round option. But the more I looked at his tape, the more I realised that he's not a fit for us. He's a 3T. I wouldn't have been upset if we had gotten Barmore, but I felt that he didn't give his all in a lot of games. I felt that he didn't really turn on until Alabama was fairly high up, at which point he could pin his ears back and attack the QB. That'd be great if it weren't for the fact that our run stopping was a huge issue. Osa, from what I saw, is a better run stopper than Barmore.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
the way the draft fall did the cowboys no favors like last year. It appears to me they had their guys targeted damn the torpedoes! I give it a B they got 2 starters at least

I'd venture to say at least 3 or 4. I think Parsons and Joseph are the obvious choices for starters. However, don't be surprised if Wright and/or Mukuamu become starters as well. Especially with Mukuamu being in the process of transitioning to safety. I would imagine that Bohana will be a starter this season as well with our need for 1Ts. I think Cox will see significant playing time, and Fehoko will have a role as a slot WR as well as special teamer (which we have also been terrible at for a while). Ball will probably be able to start if Tyron goes down. By and large, I think there may be two that don't make the team, but for 11 picks, that'd be a draft well done to have 9 on the team after the final cut down, and I see that happening.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
my beef with Barmore is he isnt self motivating or thats what i read

That's what I've read. He doesn't give his all. Thus, I am not a fan. Furthermore, like I said, he didn't really get going in games until the team had a lead and he could focus on attacking the QB. That's in college. If he's to succeed at this level, he'd have to become MUCH more consistent. I don't see that happening, and I have little patience for players that aren't going to give their all, especially after last year. I shall take an effort player over a player with talent that doesn't give their all, and so do the Cowboys apparently. One thing that's clear about the players we took is that they give effort. Or their tape at least shows it. I'll have that!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!! Derp! My mistake! I meant guards! I meant that Nebraska has solid offensive linemen.

im-a-derp.jpg
Yes you are lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
also, as someone said earlier, maybe the Cowboys just weren't interested in Barmore. Maybe you end up being right that he ends up being a monster. However, I don't see it. I thought in late March he may be a good 1st round option. But the more I looked at his tape, the more I realised that he's not a fit for us. He's a 3T. I wouldn't have been upset if we had gotten Barmore, but I felt that he didn't give his all in a lot of games. I felt that he didn't really turn on until Alabama was fairly high up, at which point he could pin his ears back and attack the QB. That'd be great if it weren't for the fact that our run stopping was a huge issue. Osa, from what I saw, is a better run stopper than Barmore.
Yah but osi and goldston u say will be monsters.

then there is always the moerhig screw up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yah but osi and goldston u say will be monsters.

then there is always the moerhig screw up.

I'd have liked Moehrig. Truly. But I don't consider it a "screw up" that we didn't get him. It's not a screw up just because the team didn't take someone I wanted. I'm not the GM. I'm not a coach for the team. I'm merely a happy furry who is happy to be a fan of this team that posts on a sports forum. And is adorable. You're not involved in the final decision-making of the team either. All we can do is debate it. The team obviously has a different idea. Would I have liked for them to have been a bit more aggressive? Sure! But we'd have ended up missing on Joseph if we had tried to trade up for Moehrig. I'm perfectly happy for us to have Joseph. As has been said, while he doesn't have a lot of experience, he looks to have the makings of an excellent player. He looks to have the ability to become a lockdown corner. Additionally, we got Mukuamu in round 6 who MANY on here thought would go in round 3 (an example of where what we think differs vastly from what the league thinks of a player). He's got the capability to be a safety. Wright also has the look of someone who can play S if needed.

Also, I do think Osi and Golston will be monsters. For Osi, I think that he's more than capable of being what we wanted Tyrone Crawford to be. Push the pocket and get the QB. That's what Osi can do, and he is a good run stopper. That's important. His wrestling history indicates to me that he knows how to find the weakness of an opponent, and get him to the ground. He's got the tools from that to be able to slip past linemen and take his target to the ground. As for Golston, I think that he showed good traits. I think he will be a monster because he's going to be able to rotate with DLaw. This will keep them both fresh and able to hit the QB. Dorrance Armstrong was was supposed to be this. He failed. Golston, imo, has much more in the way of skill from the analysis that I've read and what I've seen from him to be able to handle what we'd need.

I suppose I should explain what I mean when I say "monster" because we apparently have different understandings as to what I mean by "monster". I mean someone who can come in, fill the role that we need, and develop very well into the role we have for them. That's what I think OwO can do along with Golston.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
tell that to Belliceck. He traded up for him.

joseph has to be a great starter.
don't know that I would trust BB when it comes to DT's: his track record.
2019 - Cowart (5th round)
2016 - Valentine (3rd round) - waived in 2018
2015 - Malcom Brown (1st round) declined his 5th year option
2014 - D. Easley (1st round) injury prone that followed him into the NFL - waived april 2016
2010 - Western (7 round)
2009 - Ron brace (2nd round - released after 3 seasons - couldn't stay in shape - ) Pryor (6th round)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
2014 - D. Easley (1st round) injury prone that followed him into the NFL - waived april 2016
2010 - Western (7 round)
2009 - Ron brace (2nd round - released after 3 seasons - couldn't stay in shape - ) Pryor (6th round)

Good point. Additionally, as stated previously, he doesn't quite have the ability to shift to DE if needed. He's a strictly 3T player. We have a lot of those on our team. That's where OwO fits better imo. He is versatile. He can play 3T, DE, and even 1T if needed. He gives us multiple options. Not to mention that Barmore has effort questions. The one thing that can't be questioned about our draftees is their effort. Their effort is apparent, and in no reports that I've read about who we drafted was effort questioned. I'm happy about that. We've had effort problems. What we've got are effort and attitude players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
2010 - Western (7 round)
Yuck...man I will take nothing away from Bellicheat as a coach but man he gets far too much credit as a talent evaluator...he finds guys who can play in his system but I'm not sure if he finds actually great players.