My BFF and fellow Pokes fan wants to pick another team to root for

Pokes12

Reaction score
I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. Been with them since Eddie Lebaron days. Can't imagine not watching the Boys play on Sundays. But I got to say, this is one of worst offseasons and preseasons I have seen, with very little hope. Reminds me of the Scott Pelluer days. Jerry, you done screwed the pooch. This team is awful.

So, which team do we root for? After the Cowboys of course!!!! My buddy wants to root for the Packers. Ugh, I can rember the Ice Bowl. No way for me to root for people who put goat cheese on their heads.

The NFC East teams are out. Hate them all. The AFC is too foreign, except for the Pats and I live in Boston, so they may be in the running.

I cannot root for any teams in the West, whether AFC or NFC. They are just too weird out there. No Florida teams or teams that used to be somewhere else, like the Titans, Cards and those non-descript, like Carolina.

That pretty much leaves us with the middle of the country. Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota. They all have no game. And its too dreary in the winter to root for them.

NO, looks like I am stuck watching and rooting for my Boys, win or lose!!!

I think they are going to play the role of the spoiler this year. They are going to win some games against the best and lose to the mediocre. The offense should be fun to watch and if they can keep the ball away from the other team's offense, our hideous defense will be able to get a stop in every five or six drives.

6 and 10. Garret is fired and we get a pretty good draft next year. The Process is unraveling before our eyes, boys and girls. See Red Ball run, run Red Ball run, run the heck out of Dallas and let's get us a real coach.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I am going to follow Denver a little closer this year with Ware on the team.
I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. Been with them since Eddie Lebaron days. Can't imagine not watching the Boys play on Sundays. But I got to say, this is one of worst offseasons and preseasons I have seen, with very little hope. Reminds me of the Scott Pelluer days. Jerry, you done screwed the pooch. This team is awful.

So, which team do we root for? After the Cowboys of course!!!! My buddy wants to root for the Packers. Ugh, I can rember the Ice Bowl. No way for me to root for people who put goat cheese on their heads.

The NFC East teams are out. Hate them all. The AFC is too foreign, except for the Pats and I live in Boston, so they may be in the running.

I cannot root for any teams in the West, whether AFC or NFC. They are just too weird out there. No Florida teams or teams that used to be somewhere else, like the Titans, Cards and those non-descript, like Carolina.

That pretty much leaves us with the middle of the country. Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota. They all have no game. And its too dreary in the winter to root for them.

NO, looks like I am stuck watching and rooting for my Boys, win or lose!!!

I think they are going to play the role of the spoiler this year. They are going to win some games against the best and lose to the mediocre. The offense should be fun to watch and if they can keep the ball away from the other team's offense, our hideous defense will be able to get a stop in every five or six drives.

6 and 10. Garret is fired and we get a pretty good draft next year. The Process is unraveling before our eyes, boys and girls. See Red Ball run, run Red Ball run, run the heck out of Dallas and let's get us a real coach.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The Broncos are my home team and my family's team, so I pull for them on the side regardless of how the Cowboys are doing. This season will probably just make it easier. lol

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
As a lifelong myself I remember those days but will never and I repeat never root for another team. Now I did root against the 9ers, Pack, and steelers when they were in the Super Bowl for obvious reasons. Anyway get a fantasy football team and root for that team. I'm not happy where this team is haven't been for years but win, loose, or draw I am a Cowboys fan!

cml750

Reaction score
My best friend and lifelong Cowboys fan gave up on team last year and became a Texans fan (lol). I told him he was being punished when they had the worst record in the league. As for myself, I am extremely unhappy with the team right now, more unhappy than I have EVER been, but would rather just give up football than root for another team.

jaybird

Reaction score
One thing I have learned here, if a post starts out "I am a lifelong Cowboys fan", just stop reading. Nothing good comes after.

This type of fan epitomizes the "front runner" tag. I'm frustrated too, but never ever change your stripes. I hate all of the 31 other teams. Go away go root for the Skins who coined the phrase jump on the band wagon.apprentely you're not a true Blue fan(to the original poster)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This type of fan epitomizes the "front runner" tag. I'm frustrated too, but never ever change your stripes. I hate all of the 31 other teams. Go away go root for the Skins who coined the phrase jump on the band wagon.apprentely you're not a true Blue fan(to the original poster)

We've already noted him as a fake fan.

Now please join me in a chant of "Jerry!".

bb721

Reaction score
One thing I have learned here, if a post starts out "I am a lifelong Cowboys fan", just stop reading. Nothing good comes after.

Agreed. Another red flag is a post where the the heading begins with "My BFF.....". That's a sure sign that things will go downhill very quickly.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eh, I watch the Cowboys but I watch (and enjoy watching) plenty of other teams. The main issue is that I have exactly zero fun, watching any of those other teams win in the playoffs or win the Superbowl.

I don't think hating other teams makes you more of a fan, but I understand it's how some people enjoy the sport. In the end, it's just football - I watch it to have a good time.

jaybird

Reaction score
Eh, I watch the Cowboys but I watch (and enjoy watching) plenty of other teams. The main issue is that I have exactly zero fun, watching any of those other teams win in the playoffs or win the Superbowl.

I don't think hating other teams makes you more of a fan, but I understand it's how some people enjoy the sport. In the end, it's just football - I watch it to have a good time.

Football "hate" is not real hate. I just don't believe in changing stripes

Fredd

Reaction score
IF the cowboys play poorly, there is still no other team that I will make my schedule around...I like to watch as much nfl as possible, but I will always watch Dallas exclusively...of course, I do have 3 other near-favorite teams each week, the ones that play against the eagles, giants and Commanders....

also, regardless of the NFL, there is always college football to keep me very interested; love the Irish so weekends are spent making sure my "honey-do" list is completed before the games start

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If you are a true fan, it is impossible to root for another team. I live in 49er country. I've tried. Can't do it. I tried with the Raiders too - outlaws and all - can't do it. I just find myself rooting against the team I try to root for.