My BFF and fellow Pokes fan wants to pick another team to root for

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go root for the Browns, and watch what we could have had here in Manziel....then you will be begging to root for the Cowboys again.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Enjoy the game, did you hear that this god awful Cowboys team has a pretty good offense.
Sure some pet cat RB's and WR's were let go, but some good ones were also kept.
The defense is what the defense is, and we havn't seen them in real action yet.

I also follow the Broncos, not going to root for them before the Cowboys

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
One thing I have learned here, if a post starts out "I am a lifelong Cowboys fan", just stop reading. Nothing good comes after.
Reminds me of that Demitri Martin joke... "When someone describes themselves as a 'taxpayer', they're about to be an ***hole."

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Changing favorite teams because your current team is not at the top is lame. .02

I agree, but I don't think it's as simple as that with the Cowboys.

The heart break in seeing your team lose is bad enough, but when your idiot owner consistently puts a target on your back so that pretty much every other fan relishes and exacerbates your misery, it makes things a little tougher. Especially as it's compounded over the last 18 years.

We can't be the humble Chiefs fan, who others respect for sticking with the team (despite more recent success, might I add). We're looked at as jokes for remaining loyal because of all the glitz and glam that Jerry has created, and when we refuse to take it any more via hushed crowds and empty seats, it's "typical cowboys front running fans" again.

Anyway, that's why I've contemplated jumping ship. But here I am posting on a cowboys forum before the season has even started-- just like every year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. Been with them since Eddie Lebaron days. Can't imagine not watching the Boys play on Sundays. But I got to say, this is one of worst offseasons and preseasons I have seen, with very little hope. Reminds me of the Scott Pelluer days. Jerry, you done screwed the pooch. This team is awful.

So, which team do we root for? After the Cowboys of course!!!! My buddy wants to root for the Packers. Ugh, I can rember the Ice Bowl. No way for me to root for people who put goat cheese on their heads.

The NFC East teams are out. Hate them all. The AFC is too foreign, except for the Pats and I live in Boston, so they may be in the running.

I cannot root for any teams in the West, whether AFC or NFC. They are just too weird out there. No Florida teams or teams that used to be somewhere else, like the Titans, Cards and those non-descript, like Carolina.

That pretty much leaves us with the middle of the country. Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota. They all have no game. And its too dreary in the winter to root for them.

NO, looks like I am stuck watching and rooting for my Boys, win or lose!!!

I think they are going to play the role of the spoiler this year. They are going to win some games against the best and lose to the mediocre. The offense should be fun to watch and if they can keep the ball away from the other team's offense, our hideous defense will be able to get a stop in every five or six drives.

6 and 10. Garret is fired and we get a pretty good draft next year. The Process is unraveling before our eyes, boys and girls. See Red Ball run, run Red Ball run, run the heck out of Dallas and let's get us a real coach.

They have something called college football that you might find appealing.

I don't know where you live, but Friday night High School football here in Texas can be another source of entertainment.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, but I don't think it's as simple as that with the Cowboys.

The heart break in seeing your team lose is bad enough, but when your idiot owner consistently puts a target on your back so that pretty much every other fan relishes and exacerbates your misery, it makes things a little tougher. Especially as it's compounded over the last 18 years.

We can't be the humble Chiefs fan, who others respect for sticking with the team (despite more recent success, might I add). We're looked at as jokes for remaining loyal because of all the glitz and glam that Jerry has created, and when we refuse to take it any more via hushed crowds and empty seats, it's "typical cowboys front running fans" again.

Anyway, that's why I've contemplated jumping ship. But here I am posting on a cowboys forum before the season has even started-- just like every year.

Stick with them and when they do finally get to the top it will be all the sweeter. Besides, true fans NEVER jump ship no matter what the reason.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Just enjoy the NFL. I enjoy watching the whole league. I don't take any Cowboys loss that hard anymore. If you do you'll go crazy. I just expect it.

Yes, after a loss I would be depressed for at least a week. Now, not so much. The players don't seem to care when I have a bad day at work. He'll, they don't seem to care when they lose either. It's just the entertainment business, win or lose they all get paid.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Stick with them and when they do finally get to the top it will be all the sweeter. Besides, true fans NEVER jump ship no matter what the reason.

Agreed. Actually true fans don't really have a choice. You can stop watching, but it doesn't shield you from the highs and lows. Can't break the tether.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
mmZDm8C.jpg

Eddie

Reaction score

But not with Jerry Jones in charge. He's shown he's incapable, and 20 years of losing has proven that.

I love the Cowboys, but utterly hate Jerry Jones' ineptitude at leading this team. He's not capable. Simple as that.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If you are a true fan, it is impossible to root for another team. I live in 49er country. I've tried. Can't do it. I tried with the Raiders too - outlaws and all - can't do it. I just find myself rooting against the team I try to root for.

Naw..I live in Atlanta & I want the Falcons to win. The Cowboys are my favorite NFL team but I like a few others because of certain players I like. Everybody is different.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I still cheer for the Cowboys, and only the Cowboys. (well that's not entirely true, I always cheer for whoever plays the 'stoolers')

But I know I have lost interest, because sitting here, without looking, I honestly don't know who we play after the 9ers. I used to have the entire schedule memorized.

I used to know every player on the roster, the number that they wear, years in the league, and where they went to college. Not any more.

This has not happened overnight, it happened little by little.

I am somewhat embarrassed by this, but it is what it is.