My BFF and fellow Pokes fan wants to pick another team to root for

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I still cheer for the Cowboys, and only the Cowboys. (well that's not entirely true, I always cheer for whoever plays the 'stoolers')

But I know I have lost interest, because sitting here, without looking, I honestly don't know who we play after the 9ers. I used to have the entire schedule memorized.

I used to know every player on the roster, the number that they wear, years in the league, and where they went to college. Not any more.

This has not happened overnight, it happened little by little.

I am somewhat embarrassed by this, but it is what it is.

You're still a fan though. I have wished many times I was around to see the really great Cowboys teams.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
You're still a fan though. I have wished many times I was around to see the really great Cowboys teams.

That was another life-time ago now.

I had recently turned 40 when we won our 5th Super Bowl. I just recently turned 60 and we are still at 5. I am running out of time.

But yea, I'm still a fan.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
That was another life-time ago now.

I had recently turned 40 when we won our 5th Super Bowl. I just recently turned 60 and we are still at 5. I am running out of time.

But yea, I'm still a fan.

They have never done a thing since I've been a fan. Nada. If my family had not raised me on the Cowboys & I was a young kid looking for a team I probably would not pick the Cowboys. But anyway they did & I am a fan. Maybe when Jerry is gone they'll do something. And I mean too old to run the team.

Last edited:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The other thing... When we finally win again, he will be first on line buying a brand spanking new tony romo jersey and hat... Lol... Wearing it backwards of course

This is one of your better posts bro. Thnx for the laugh.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Thank you.

Yeah, I know you don't like when it when I post that the Doh'Orioles ain't going anywhere. Lol

Again. You are welcome! ;-)

They're playing good ball now. Its the right time of the year for that, so we'll see what happens. Great defense, really good pitching right now, and leading MLB in homers = a winning combo. Leading MLB in OPS with runners in scoring position doesnt hurt either.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They're playing good ball now. Its the right time of the year for that, so we'll see what happens. Great defense, really good pitching right now, and leading MLB in homers = a winning combo. Leading MLB in OPS with runners in scoring position doesnt hurt either.

Like I said. I would be Happy for Buck.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if his team does that famous Buck Showalter "swan
dive".

His teams seem to perfect that at the most inopportune times.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Each of us determines our own legacy in terms of remaining a fan or not. I'd say Pokes12 fan has stuck with the team through some rough times if he's been around since the days of Eddie LeBaron, although we all reserve the right to follow any team we so choose. Whether he sticks with the team or not is his own business and he doesn't need our blessing to remain faithful or not.

Many, if not all, of us have gotten disheartened with the way the Cowboys have performed lately. That's clearly obvious by the looks of our recent posts. Nevertheless, most of us can't bring ourselves to consider turning our backs on a team we've likely come to consider our best friend and companion. It's no small decision to walk away from a longtime friend.

Personally, I'm so entrenched in my Cowboys fandom that I can't bring myself to seriously consider switching to another team. The mere thought of doing so is repulsive from the get-go. The 'Boys have become so engrained in my being that all of the other NFL teams can be nothing more than competitors. I'm sure most of us share that line of thought.

Good luck to Pokes12 if he chooses to make the jump to another team. I can't help but suspect he'll have 2nd thoughts and perhaps even regrets about it if and when he does. Anyhow, he's always welcome to "do the right thing" and stick around with the rest of us as a Cowboys diehard. ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They have never done a thing since I've been a fan. Nada. If my family had not raised me on the Cowboys & I was a young kid looking for a team I probably would not pick the Cowboys. But anyway they did & I am a fan. Maybe when Jerry is gone they'll do something. And I mean too old to run the team.

You're to be commended for sticking with the team, despite their 2 decade+ drought of being a championship team. Hang in there, BoysFan!

Pokes12

Reaction score
Each of us determines our own legacy in terms of remaining a fan or not. I'd say Pokes12 fan has stuck with the team through some rough times if he's been around since the days of Eddie LeBaron, although we all reserve the right to follow any team we so choose. Whether he sticks with the team or not is his own business and he doesn't need our blessing to remain faithful or not.

Many, if not all, of us have gotten disheartened with the way the Cowboys have performed lately. That's clearly obvious by the looks of our recent posts. Nevertheless, most of us can't bring ourselves to consider turning our backs on a team we've likely come to consider our best friend and companion. It's no small decision to walk away from a longtime friend.

Personally, I'm so entrenched in my Cowboys fandom that I can't bring myself to seriously consider switching to another team. The mere thought of doing so is repulsive from the get-go. The 'Boys have become so engrained in my being that all of the other NFL teams can be nothing more than competitors. I'm sure most of us share that line of thought.

Good luck to Pokes12 if he chooses to make the jump to another team. I can't help but suspect he'll have 2nd thoughts and perhaps even regrets about it if and when he does. Anyhow, he's always welcome to "do the right thing" and stick around with the rest of us as a Cowboys diehard. ;)
Do not fear. I will never root for any team that does not have a star on their helmet!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Do not fear. I will never root for any team that does not have a star on their helmet!!

Hang in there, pal. Right now, our team won't have you crowing about them from the rooftops but they're still our 'Boys! :D

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Football "hate" is not real hate. I just don't believe in changing stripes

On week 4 I began my hate of over 300 ungrateful players who disrespected my country

It’s real hate

Pokes12

Reaction score
Hang in there, pal. Right now, our team won't have you crowing about them from the rooftops but they're still our 'Boys! :D
I think if we win out we will be in the playoffs. Seattle game is going to be key. And of course winning in Philly on the last day of the season. It will be interesting to see whether the Iggles play starters or not. Last year Romo and Dak each had a series and then we went to Sanchez. He was a disaster as has been every other QB not named Romo or Prescott for the last 5 years.