My biggest disappointment from last night

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
McCarthy lied to us. He is in no way doing what he said he was going to do. And I cannot express how disappointing that is.
Replace MM with Dak - how many times has he lied to the fans by telling us he would get better? He is in no way doing what he said he was going to do. And I cannot express how disappointing that is.

Don't apologize to MM, he sucks and needs to go.

Sydla

Reaction score
You would have been angry at the 100+ yard game, huh.
Uh, Elliott finished with 34 yards on ten carries. 3.4 ypc. So he would have needed 30 carries to get 100 yards at that rate. He wasn't going to run for 100+ this game, LOL.

Why are yo guys latching onto the first few carries and pretending the next set of carries never existed?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Uh, Elliott finished with 34 yards on ten carries. 3.4 ypc. So he would have needed 30 carries to get 100 yards at that rate. He wasn't going to run for 100+ this game, LOL.

Why are yo guys latching onto the first few carries and pretending the next set of carries never existed?
3 yards and a cloud of dust Elliot.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
LMAO

Ronnie is the only man alive that thinks Zeke should get more touches.
Lol. Yep. Ronnie thinks Zeke is a massive individual who punishes defenses. Poor guy and his skewed personal frame of reference. It's like Muggsy Bogues telling us Chris Paul is a giant who crashes the boards.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

11 of his yards came on 1 carry, which means that aside from the 1 carry he ran the ball 9 times for 23 yards. That's 2.5 yards a carry outside of that 1 play.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.
Me too. McCarthy will be sent packing after this season. And should have never came back after that Green Bay lose. This team still cannot run the ball or stop the run. Zimmer and McCarthy are running early 2000 defense and offensive schemes. They are both past their prime. The biggest culprits in this mess is Jerry and Stephen. The lack of off season moves was historic incompetence even for them. I can't see that dumbnamic duo fixing anything.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Imagine watching that entire game and thinking MM was the biggest disappointment. MM did not throw two awful interceptions, MM did not have an awful game on the line like Mazi (what a bust), MM did not drop balls, and MM did not commit or call terrible Special team plays that resulted in awful field position.

Fire MM (at this point he has to go) but if you think magically are going to get better, I have some bad news for you...

Nothing gets better until Jerry and Cap boy are not making decisions.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I tell no lie, I was hoping Zeke busted out a 80 yard td run, just to see Zeke eat again for the last time....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup.

I have no idea if it’s Coach Jerry’s call or Mikes, but the 2024 Dallas Cowboys are about Dak Prescotts arm.

I suspect someone wants their ROI, but just a guess.
It looks to me like we’ve gone from one pass-happy offensive coordinator (Garrett) to another (Linehan) to another (Moore) to another (McCarthy).

kskboys

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.
Couldn't agree more.

We've been doing that to RB's for a long time now.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Blame deflection.

Creeper

Reaction score
I'd have a hard time committing to the run game too if I was the HC of this team. The yards Zeke got he got on his own. I give him credit for that. This OL can't run or pass block. They are awful. Then again, they can't pass block either. At least last year they could do that right for the most part.