My biggest disappointment from last night

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol i knew when zeke had the few good runs youd show up. Zeke had 10 carries and avg 3.4 ypc. He's done
Is that why yer mad? Not 1 ypc like you said he was worth.

You are showing your lack of football knowledge....that's unfortunate.

Surfguy

Reaction score
I tell no lie, I was hoping Zeke busted out a 80 yard td run, just to see Zeke eat again for the last time....
There was one moment in the game where it looked like Zeke was ready to eat with the utensil but, thankfully, he pulled himself back and stopped. He can't be eating with his stat lines this season.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Uh, Elliott finished with 34 yards on ten carries. 3.4 ypc. So he would have needed 30 carries to get 100 yards at that rate. He wasn't going to run for 100+ this game, LOL.

Why are yo guys latching onto the first few carries and pretending the next set of carries never existed?
Simple.. the next set of carries came after he'd been standing on the sidelines for half an hour. Okay.. part of that was sitting in the locker room at half but still. The point is, when he had a chance to get going McCarthy made no effort to follow up on it. If I'm not mistaken Zeke's last carry of the first half was the 1 yard TD. He didn't get the ball again until 8 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter. If you couldn't see that he was ballin the first half then there's really nothing to discuss here. Yes an older back is going to stiffen up at halftime and while standing on the sidelines as a spectator so it really should come as no surprise that those disjointed few carries in the 2nd half were less productive. I've stated many times that Zeke does appear to be one of those guys who can thrive coming off the bench. It is what it is.. Either start and ride him or cut him. It aint rocket surgery.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Imagine watching that entire game and thinking MM was the biggest disappointment. MM did not throw two awful interceptions, MM did not have an awful game on the line like Mazi (what a bust), MM did not drop balls, and MM did not commit or call terrible Special team plays that resulted in awful field position.

Fire MM (at this point he has to go) but if you think magically are going to get better, I have some bad news for you...

Nothing gets better until Jerry and Cap boy are not making decisions.
Cap Boy lol. I like it.

visionary

Reaction score
..lol.. yep, Ronnie. I dont agree with Aaron Rodgers on many things. But when he said, Mike has low IQ for football.

I think that's where this comes into play. I felt, after the GB debacle, he should have been let go. Yet, here we are.
Ronnie is possibly the biggest Dak apologist on CZ
This is just another attempt to deflect blame
Dont fall for it

Blitzen

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.

I’m not saying MM is some coaching savant, but if the main takeaway for many of you is that MM has a lot to answer for in the team’s success/failure this season then Jerry and the players are pleased. There is waaaaaaay more going on with this squad than poor running backs and play selection.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.
Agree with you !

fivetwos

Reaction score
It looks to me like we’ve gone from one pass-happy offensive coordinator (Garrett) to another (Linehan) to another (Moore) to another (McCarthy).
Yep, but the problems are much deeper and we all know it. Sad and frustrating.

Proof

Reaction score
Lol. Yep. Ronnie thinks Zeke is a massive individual who punishes defenses. Poor guy and his skewed personal frame of reference. It's like Muggsy Bogues telling us Chris Paul is a giant who crashes the boards.
yeah man, you've said. the reason no one laughed or responded isn't because they didn't see it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Cowboys 1st half runs last night were:

1st drive (5 total plays)
1st and 10 - 7 yards (Zeke)
1st and 10 - 0 yards (Zeke)
3rd and 5 - 0 yards (Luekpke)

2nd drive (5 plays)
1st and 10 - 1 yard (Cook)

3rd drive (11 plays)
2nd & 14 - 5 yards (Zeke)
3rd & 9 - 11 yards (Turpin)
1st and 10 - 4 yards (Cook)
2nd & 6 - 2 yards (Cook)
1st and 10 - 11 yards (Zeke)
2nd and 15 - 5 yards (Zeke)
1st and 1 1 yard (Zeke)

4th drive (7 plays)
1st and 10 - 0 yards (Cook)

5th drive (3 plays) (drive started with 1:30 left on the clock)
None

So 31 total 1st half plays, 28 if we exclude under 2 minutes, 12 of them runs with half of those runs going for 2 or fewer yards (although 1 was the TD)

Honestly I'm not sure its a horrible run/pass mix given the Cowboys had been stuffed on nearly half their runs. That 4th drive starting at 6:30 in the 2nd quarter where they got a FG is the one possession where I feel I really have issue with some of the play call, but I'd also have to go back and review the looks the defense was giving them. They drove it down inside the 20 with under 4 minutes left. Seems like a perfect time to mix in a couple run plays to chew the clock. Other than that I really don't have much issue with the actual run/pass mixes.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And let's note, that Zeke finished the game averaging 3.4 ypc. So whose to say if he had been given the ball say 6 more times in the first half, he would have been successful?

Seriously, the Zeke love is the funniest thing out there in Cowboys land.
I hear ya but on a few of those successful 1st runs I keep up the momentum with Zeke, Hunter or Cook.

2nd and 3 and we come out in an empty set...pfff

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Play calling must be hard. Inthe last ten years I’ve only really approved of two season where I liked the gameplan. That’s was 2014 and 2016. The rest of the seasons I’m always second guessing the playcalling