My biggest disappointment from last night

shabazz

Reaction score
You’re both right.

McCarthy has ZERO COMMITMENT to the run game, no matter whether it’s working or not.

He never even gives it a chance.
Just one more of McCarthys straight up lies when he took over the play calling and promised to run the ball more.

He's probably throwing the ball more than Kellen Moore was

Sydla

Reaction score
Simple.. the next set of carries came after he'd been standing on the sidelines for half an hour. Okay.. part of that was sitting in the locker room at half but still. The point is, when he had a chance to get going McCarthy made no effort to follow up on it. If I'm not mistaken Zeke's last carry of the first half was the 1 yard TD. He didn't get the ball again until 8 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter. If you couldn't see that he was ballin the first half then there's really nothing to discuss here. Yes an older back is going to stiffen up at halftime and while standing on the sidelines as a spectator so it really should come as no surprise that those disjointed few carries in the 2nd half were less productive. I've stated many times that Zeke does appear to be one of those guys who can thrive coming off the bench. It is what it is.. Either start and ride him or cut him. It aint rocket surgery.
LOL, so now he was "cold".

Seriously, the lengths you Elliott fanboys go to in order to pretend he's still a really good RB that deserves lots of carries is hilarious.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, so now he was "cold".

Seriously, the lengths you Elliott fanboys go to in order to pretend he's still a really good RB that deserves lots of carries is hilarious.
It is a well known fact that zeke-type ru ners "warm up" as the game progresses. For zekes entire career....ncaa/nfl....always gets more yards later in the game...*if* ....you stay consistent with it. It's got to do with finding the groove and wearing out the defense. We refuse to do it.

I believe Emmitt was the same way.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
McCarthy never fully won me over in the first place.

His teams aren't physical. Despite the talk of trying to become a more physical team ever since 2021, we've only gone backwards.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but at least Garret understood the importance of physicality on the offensive side of the ball.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but at least Garret understood the importance of physicality on the offensive side of the ball.
And calling a delayed draw every 3 plays followed by a lateral pass for zero gain. Worst coach this decade has no advice to offer anyone. And his teams were manhandled against the run just like every other Cowboys team in the last two decades.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just one more of McCarthys straight up lies when he took over the play calling and promised to run the ball more.

He's probably throwing the ball more than Kellen Moore was
It seems as though his Dallas tenure has been one lie after another.

Conned his way into the job and has made one false promise after another.

But luckily for him, he’ll walk away with a nice retirement package when it’s all over.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Ronnie is possibly the biggest Dak apologist on CZ
This is just another attempt to deflect blame
Dont fall for it
I thought the same thing …. he usually disappears for weeks after a bad Dak performance… surprised he is trying something new. Good for him !

Sydla

Reaction score
It is a well known fact that zeke-type ru ners "warm up" as the game progresses. For zekes entire career....ncaa/nfl....always gets more yards later in the game...*if* ....you stay consistent with it. It's got to do with finding the groove and wearing out the defense. We refuse to do it.

I believe Emmitt was the same way.
His best runs were early.

Seriously, why are you guys so defensive of Elliott? It’s stunning that one of the conclusions after another loss is that Elliott deserved more carries. LOL.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His best runs were early.

Seriously, why are you guys so defensive of Elliott? It’s stunning that one of the conclusions after another loss is that Elliott deserved more carries. LOL.
Defensive? Well...I do tend to do that with my team...not always, just tend to. Why does that shake you so?

And in all honesty, I fell asleep in the 2nd half, I was just going by Ron's indication the Zeke didn't run much later in the game.

My statement stands. These big RBs get more yards later in the game...IF you stay consistent with it. If you disagree with that....maybe it's not "you guys" (me) being defensive.

I missed the 2nd half but MM doesn't do that...ever.

Sydla

Reaction score
Defensive? Well...I do tend to do that with my team...not always, just tend to. Why does that shake you so?

And in all honesty, I fell asleep in the 2nd half, I was just going by Ron's indication the Zeke didn't run much later in the game.

My statement stands. These big RBs get more yards later in the game...IF you stay consistent with it. If you disagree with that....maybe it's not "you guys" (me) being defensive.

I missed the 2nd half but MM doesn't do that...ever.
Zeke got worse as the game went on. They also were down in the 2nd half which is why they had to throw more.

Elliott is a mediocre back. He’s not going to get better as the game goes on. He is what he is at this point.

Watching that game and concluding one of the big issues we had was we didn’t run Elliott enough is pretty funny.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least he did not go M.I.A. like he normally does in previous seasons when Zeke under performs. I will give him that much. But he is as delusional as ever.
Have to admit, I am a bit confused. Zeke had some good runs early on and we abandoned it?