CFZ My commitment: Forget the sales pitch. I will believe it when it happens

Big_D

Reaction score
To our owners credit they’ve haven’t been forced to make changes.

When you’re #1 in Revenue, the most popular and watched team with largest crowds , if we are dissatisfied we are sending them the wrong message.

Cowboy fans certainly have an odd way of showing their displeasure in the product these bozos are providing.

He should have more respect for his players than just hanging them out to dry every year. All teams make money and it's still no excuse not to to improve your football team. Those 53 guys should be the #1 priority, not jersey sales. They are absolute bozos and it's just pathetic at this point. Imagine 3 days from the draft and it simply doesn't matter what they do?? How sad is that?"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He should have more respect for his players than just hanging them out to dry every year. All teams make money and it's still no excuse not to to improve your football team. Those 53 guys should be the #1 priority, not jersey sales. They are absolute bozos and it's just pathetic at this point. Imagine 3 days from the draft and it simply doesn't matter what they do?? How sad is that?"
His players are a priority to him. He’s loved by his players with country club atmosphere and big contracts.

Winning is over rated for players. They are more interested in the money and why they often bolt to lesser teams for bigger paydays.

It’s the fans Jethro doesn’t care about. Ultimately we are the sad ones as we don’t have a check to go home with, win or lose.

Big_D

Reaction score
His players are a priority to him. He’s loved by his players with country club atmosphere and big contracts.

Winning is over rated for players. They are more interested in the money and why they often bolt to lesser teams for bigger paydays.

It’s the fans Jethro doesn’t care about. Ultimately we are the sad ones as we don’t have a check to go home with, win or lose.

Not all players feel that way.. that's a cop out. Coaches certainly don't feel that way. It's actually become an excuse for this team. The owner doesn't care about winning so that must trickle down to everyone else? He's never held accountable and that's the only priority here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not all players feel that way.. that's a cop out. Coaches certainly don't feel that way. It's actually become an excuse for this team. The owner doesn't care about winning so that must trickle down to everyone else? He's never held accountable and that's the only priority here.
Yea, it is what it is. We have a special situation here with Jethro. Lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The sales pitch may very well be coming post-draft. It depends on how well our front office does. There is no pulling the wool over our eyes. We will witness this draft live as it happens and be the judges of its quality.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Another excellent post bullet Jerry and The players he hires all believe in the same thing football is a business with a window of opportunity to make a boatload of money and that is what they are all about.

Super bowls are for fans to enjoy players really Garner very little from winning a super bowl and the extra effort required can shorten their career they are no doubt instructed by their agents to only put out as much effort as needed to augment their statistics and get the big payday while protecting themselves at all times and making business decisions to maximize their money making time in the league.

A super bowl ring is a very small consolation prize if you blow your knee out and shorten your career by 3 years and 15 million.

Jerry is just happy to make the playoffs keep the team relevant because that's how he makes maximum profit and no matter what the draft is it will be sold that it will take us over the top and the majority of casual fans will buy into it and Jerry will make his money like he always does

We will bench race every scenario because we are more than casual fans we will root for the laundry and in the end we will be disappointed because Jerry will never keep his word and really go all in.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Here’s a not so bold prediction that will happen at the conclusion of the NFL draft next weekend: The Jones front office will sell this upcoming draft class as hard as any in recent history. They know their early exit from the playoffs last year coupled with the almost complete inactivity in free agency has left even the staunchest of Cowboys fans disgruntled and disheartened.

Yeah, the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history last January left a stink not easily washed out of the Star in one off-season. Not to mention 28 years of embarrassing playoff underachievement. I’m expecting a Jones sales pitch so intense PT Barnum will rise from the grave just to say, “Wow”.

Maybe we will get lucky and have a home run draft. Time will tell. I hope so. But the hard sales pitch is coming regardless. “Step right up folks.“

But most Cowboys fans know by now that the Jones boys’ off-season strategy every year centers more on marketing than it does actual strategic roster building. Honestly if Jerry drafted a one legged RB from Nowhere University he would sell that kid as the next coming of Emmitt Smith and for jersey sales purposes mandate #22 be worn to complete the marketing pitch.

With all the above in mind, here’s my off-season commitment:
  • I will believe results when they happen. Not before.
  • I will NOT buy the sales pitch that is coming. Period. If this team goes 16-1, I won’t “believe” anything until they win multiple playoff games.
  • If the Cowboys turn it around this year and win multiple playoff games for the first time in 3 decades, I will be thrilled. But I will believe it when it happens.
Trust me, a huge sales and marketing roll out is coming. We will be expected to trust in the same guys who gave us the last 28 years. They continue to expect this fan base to believe they know what they’re doing by doing it “their way”. The results speak otherwise.

Did I mention I will believe it when it happens?
Don't drink the Kool Aid...Am I winning you over, you said Jonesboys.:muttley: