CFZ My commitment: Forget the sales pitch. I will believe it when it happens

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What I don’t get Greg is this if SB is the only goal which so many on here talk about I don’t get the extreme demoralization with the GB loss

I too expected a win there but I also felt after that it was gonna take a lot of pieces falling our way for it work

I knew going in the team as constructed wasn’t as good as San Fran or Detroit or Philly for tha matter which the collapse surprised me even though I enjoyed it

Why did it hit so hard if you knew or should have known we weren’t good enough

The glaring defects showed themselves in playoffs like they tend to do. No RG no run defense and A 1 dimensional offense won’t get it done
Good questions. Like you I wasn’t totally shocked we lost to GB. They had been playing much better towards end of season and we weren’t. I just didn’t expect being blown out. But they deserve some credit too as they took SF to the brink.

How we lost does matter in how you evaluate the game and season. It doesn’t matter as you say, it’s a loss either way but just like blowing out lesser opponents during the season mattered so did losing to better opponents. It’s helps analyzing.

I agree I wouldn’t have liked our chances getting by Detroit or SF although our chances against Det at home would at least provide a shot. And I think once we had the 2nd seed, which basically fell in our lap, we probably were over hyped. We definitely were better than Phi at that point in season as they had totally collapsed.

And while the SB is always the ultimate goal I don’t think most were expecting it. Reaching NFCCG would have been a very successful season. Not winning at least one playoff game at home was a debacle as highest seed we’ve had since being 1st in 2016 . I can’t imagine expectations any less.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Here’s a not so bold prediction that will happen at the conclusion of the NFL draft next weekend: The Jones front office will sell this upcoming draft class as hard as any in recent history. They know their early exit from the playoffs last year coupled with the almost complete inactivity in free agency has left even the staunchest of Cowboys fans disgruntled and disheartened.

Yeah, the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history last January left a stink not easily washed out of the Star in one off-season. Not to mention 28 years of embarrassing playoff underachievement. I’m expecting a Jones sales pitch so intense PT Barnum will rise from the grave just to say, “Wow”.

Maybe we will get lucky and have a home run draft. Time will tell. I hope so. But the hard sales pitch is coming regardless. “Step right up folks.“

But most Cowboys fans know by now that the Jones boys’ off-season strategy every year centers more on marketing than it does actual strategic roster building. Honestly if Jerry drafted a one legged RB from Nowhere University he would sell that kid as the next coming of Emmitt Smith and for jersey sales purposes mandate #22 be worn to complete the marketing pitch.

With all the above in mind, here’s my off-season commitment:
  • I will believe results when they happen. Not before.
  • I will NOT buy the sales pitch that is coming. Period. If this team goes 16-1, I won’t “believe” anything until they win multiple playoff games.
  • If the Cowboys turn it around this year and win multiple playoff games for the first time in 3 decades, I will be thrilled. But I will believe it when it happens.
Trust me, a huge sales and marketing roll out is coming. We will be expected to trust in the same guys who gave us the last 28 years. They continue to expect this fan base to believe they know what they’re doing by doing it “their way”. The results speak otherwise.

Did I mention I will believe it when it happens?
Nailed it. This organization is filled with the rot of lack of accountability. The coaches and players cannot overcome the surge of stardom, celebrity, money and Jones ego.

We will not win until this is changed. We have had SB caliber teams since 1995, but we will never overcome the aforementioned obstacles.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Here’s a not so bold prediction that will happen at the conclusion of the NFL draft next weekend: The Jones front office will sell this upcoming draft class as hard as any in recent history. They know their early exit from the playoffs last year coupled with the almost complete inactivity in free agency has left even the staunchest of Cowboys fans disgruntled and disheartened.

Yeah, the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history last January left a stink not easily washed out of the Star in one off-season. Not to mention 28 years of embarrassing playoff underachievement. I’m expecting a Jones sales pitch so intense PT Barnum will rise from the grave just to say, “Wow”.

Maybe we will get lucky and have a home run draft. Time will tell. I hope so. But the hard sales pitch is coming regardless. “Step right up folks.“

But most Cowboys fans know by now that the Jones boys’ off-season strategy every year centers more on marketing than it does actual strategic roster building. Honestly if Jerry drafted a one legged RB from Nowhere University he would sell that kid as the next coming of Emmitt Smith and for jersey sales purposes mandate #22 be worn to complete the marketing pitch.

• I will NOT buy the sales pitch that is coming. Period. If this team goes 16-1, I won’t “believe” anything until they win multiple playoff games.
  • If the Cowboys turn it around this year and win multiple playoff games for the first time in 3 decades, I will be thrilled. But I will believe it when it happens.
Trust me, a huge sales and marketing roll out is coming. We will be expected to trust in the same guys who gave us the last 28 years. They continue to expect this fan base to believe they know what they’re doing by doing it “their way”. The results speak otherwise.

Bob I must say I believe that you sir have always been a fervent supporter of the Cowboys but you have dimmed like most of us. This is a very trying off season because as a fanbase we have no direction on where this team is heading. We are told they are going all in and then promptly preceded to go to the extreme opposite direction. We love our Cowboys here on The Zone but we need to know the plan. Do they really even actually have one? I find excitement to a point of the unknown but come on enough is enough. Draft day is something for whatever reason I look forward to every year and all the belly aching on who drafted who and who we could of drafted but didn't, the whole 9 yards is something I enjoy as well as the anticipation on who we are drafting/stealing or trading. We hang in there and we hope. It is all we have.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I don't care much what JJ and Son do or say.
I would enjoy it more seeing them going winless next season

ArtClink

Reaction score
lol.

You buy a cap. You are helping The Fuhrer.

You buy a jersey. You are helping The Fuhrer.

You go to a game. You are helping The Fuhrer.

The nonsense has gotten to this stage.

Supporting your favorite team does not mean you are supporting the owner of the team. Some people do not care about that last sentence. They care only that buying a cap, buying a jersey, going to a game puts money in The Fuhrer pocket.

Thirty years of this nonsense. This fan-on-fan dislike was happening on fansites years before CowboysZone.

Some people do not care about past failed attempts to coerce The Fuhrer into moderating his football management or sell the team or anything in-between through his back pocket.

Some people DEFINITELY do not care enough to be innovative and try DIFFERENT tactics beyond $$$ to bend The Fuhrer into finally mellowing the <expletive> out for once in his decades long entrenchment overseeing football operations.

Nope. The only thing some people really care--really really care about--is dissing fellow fans for liking or loving the same team they like or love every freaking day. Why? For buying a cap. For buying a jersey. For going to a game.

The Fuhrer has complete autonomy over the direction of everyone's favorite team. He is not the real target of dislike. The real target is other fans just like you.

Pathetic.

/rant
The fuhrer is the root cause of no deep playoff run in 28 years, that much is obvious. I choose not to spend my sports dollars on a local team that only exists to boost the ego of the fuhrer. No worries, I spend my money on the Stars and Mavericks, both of which hold their GMs accountable for losing. Accountability for the fuhrer doesn’t exist and thus the long term problem.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok Steve it’s not something I wish to debate or go back and find it but I seem to remember you telling me in another thread we were discussing playoff wins prior to Green Bay loss

Tampa came up and you mentioned beating crappy playoff teams don’t matter super does or something to that nature but it’s not that serious

The point is there are folks here that that’s the standard and anything short of it is failure . I heard it plenty
Okay...we'll have to let it go then...I assure you with all my heart...I never said super bowl or I'm out. EVER.

I HAVE...poo poo'd that Tampa win, I fully admit it. ....playoff game sure...great. Must win. But it was against a LOSER team in the playoffs by technicality...something many have suggested shouldn't happen. Put the best teams in the playoffs not auto bids, and especially NOT 8-9 losers. *win imho.

starfan1

Reaction score
Okay...we'll have to let it go then...I assure you with all my heart...I never said super bowl or I'm out. EVER.

I HAVE...poo poo'd that Tampa win, I fully admit it. ....playoff game sure...great. Must win. But it was against a LOSER team in the playoffs by technicality...something many have suggested shouldn't happen. Put the best teams in the playoffs not auto bids, and especially NOT 8-9 losers. *win imho.
SB or bust is just a eauphanism for a mindset of a fan it doesn’t mean you used those exact words just referred to that mindset but nonetheless it isn’t that serious and this fan can’t wait for the draft to see where we are this year

Then camp then the season . Last seasons done. Hope all is well with you and yours

TwentyOne

Reaction score

A bit more of an agressive writing style you tried out. I like it more than your usual posts.

And i support your message.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fuhrer is the root cause of no deep playoff run in 28 years, that much is obvious. I choose not to spend my sports dollars on a local team that only exists to boost the ego of the fuhrer. No worries, I spend my money on the Stars and Mavericks, both of which hold their GMs accountable for losing. Accountability for the fuhrer doesn’t exist and thus the long term problem.
Your choice is a choice. There is nothing wrong with your choice. There is everything wrong with disliking fellow fans choosing to express their fanship of their mutually same favorite team--not Jones--but for their mutually same favorite team.

Nothing is off-limits between fans. One fan likes or loves a team. Another fan likes or loves the same team. The latter fan respects the other fan for liking or loving the same team as they do BUT the former fan thinks ill of the other fan buying a cap. Buying a jersey. Going to a game.

Again. Pathetic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m telling the truth. You’re obviously incapable of understanding.
You said this thread is a "poor me". That is your opinion. You are obviously incapable of separating your opinion from truth and fact. A lot of people arent you aint special.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You said this thread is a "poor me". That is your opinion. You are obviously incapable of separating your opinion from truth and fact. A lot of people arent you aint special.
It is a poor me thread and your presence all over this thread proves it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your choice is a choice. There is nothing wrong with your choice. There is everything wrong with disliking fellow fans choosing to express their fanship of their mutually same favorite team--not Jones--but for their mutually same favorite team.

Nothing is off-limits between fans. One fan likes or loves a team. Another fan likes or loves the same team. The latter fan respects the other fan for liking or loving the same team as they do BUT the former fan thinks ill of the other fan buying a cap. Buying a jersey. Going to a game.

Again. Pathetic.
I can agree to disagree...but when people tell me im not a fan....well thems fighten words:)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I really believe Jerry's Schick has finally worn out.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Too many fans on here are looking at the glory days of this franchise and getting aggravated it hasn’t continued

If it isn’t obvious to you that they haven’t quite put together that complete team yet in salary cap era then you’re not paying attention .
Haven't "quite" put together a complete team.. well I have been paying attention and they haven't even been close.

Of course fans want the glory days back.. you don't?

I would hope on the 29th attempt they might have learnt a few things.. hell, I would be happy with run/stop the run.. I don't think that is too much to ask.