CFZ My commitment: Forget the sales pitch. I will believe it when it happens

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably to come in and complain with like minded poor me fans

To say this place has become toxic is an understatement
The only thing I don’t understand is who is crying “poor me”? In my opinion the toxicity is coming from the top of this organization and some fans are pointing it out. That’s just my opinion though.

We all have the right to be fans as we choose. I certainly support your right to express it however you choose. Disagreeing with someone‘s perspective is what makes this place go. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Another “Poor Me” thread. Come on man, you’re better than this.
Thanks for your opinion Rock. We all usually have them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no high road any longer and some of us really don’t care for the consistent crying

If you hate it so much leave and come back when they get to the SB it’s seems like all that matters to everyone anyhow

So ya there is a contingent of cowboy fans that that gets on my nerves so if I have to tolerate their crying than they can tolerate my optimistic views

It’s been the whole offseason it’s time to get over yourself and embrace the next season
Let me ask you this...do you buy into the "Jerry is just a brand"....runs the business for fortune?

If so...then why don't we? Wouldn't that be more logical?

I'm not sure why you object to Bobs post, or anyone aligning. We've talked before about taking emotion out of it....and that is all Bob et.al are doing.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here’s a not so bold prediction that will happen at the conclusion of the NFL draft next weekend: The Jones front office will sell this upcoming draft class as hard as any in recent history. They know their early exit from the playoffs last year coupled with the almost complete inactivity in free agency has left even the staunchest of Cowboys fans disgruntled and disheartened.

Yeah, the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history last January left a stink not easily washed out of the Star in one off-season. Not to mention 28 years of embarrassing playoff underachievement. I’m expecting a Jones sales pitch so intense PT Barnum will rise from the grave just to say, “Wow”.

Maybe we will get lucky and have a home run draft. Time will tell. I hope so. But the hard sales pitch is coming regardless. “Step right up folks.“

But most Cowboys fans know by now that the Jones boys’ off-season strategy every year centers more on marketing than it does actual strategic roster building. Honestly if Jerry drafted a one legged RB from Nowhere University he would sell that kid as the next coming of Emmitt Smith and for jersey sales purposes mandate #22 be worn to complete the marketing pitch.

With all the above in mind, here’s my off-season commitment:
  • I will believe results when they happen. Not before.
  • I will NOT buy the sales pitch that is coming. Period. If this team goes 16-1, I won’t “believe” anything until they win multiple playoff games.
  • If the Cowboys turn it around this year and win multiple playoff games for the first time in 3 decades, I will be thrilled. But I will believe it when it happens.
Trust me, a huge sales and marketing roll out is coming. We will be expected to trust in the same guys who gave us the last 28 years. They continue to expect this fan base to believe they know what they’re doing by doing it “their way”. The results speak otherwise.

Did I mention I will believe it when it happens?
This is exactly where I am at. I am not believing any of the crud they will try to sell us. They will hype the draft. Their first round pick will be a star before he ever takes the field. All their draft picks and probably some other guys will look great in practice and preseason - according to them. But none of that will sway me. I will believe only what I see with my own two eyes. I don't trust them. And they earned it.

As far as I am concerned, every draft pick is Eric Scott Jr. until he takes the field. Every FA signing is Ronald Jones until he plays.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of us wish all we had was talk about how wonderful it is playing for or winning championships.

But our frustrating situation with such a historical successful franchise is understandable. Couple that with the unbearable situation we are stuck with our ownership . Plenty of ammo for disappointment.

I think it’s only natural the vibe here would be more negative. And fans are generally looking or gravitating to those with similar viewpoints.

Personally I try to provide a balance. If our forum becomes too negative I try to swing the other way. Same when we were too positive last year with SB Hype which I shot down.

But after one of our most embarrassing playoff loss it’s certainly clear the mood of fans. Couple in our ownership , our QB’s contract situation uncertainty, etc there’s plenty to be upset about.

That said I suppose there is some silver linings we can look to. 3 straight 12 win and playoff seasons despite the endings. But we appear to be at a crossroads with uncertainty of our HC and QB. Much to critic, etc. But until we finally kick this playoff door down I wouldn’t expect the vibe to change much.
Well said Greggo. I recognize that to some a thread like this is negative. And I also recognize that not everything happening with the Cowboys is bad. I’m expecting us to have a good draft. Certainly hoping so.

When positive things happen in my view, they are always worth sharing. I just don’t believe in wearing rosy glasses until I see some roses.

starfan1

Reaction score
The only thing I don’t understand is who is crying “poor me”? In my opinion the toxicity is coming from the top of this organization and some fans are pointing it out. That’s just my opinion though.

We all have the right to be fans as we choose. I certainly support your right to express it however you choose. Disagreeing with someone‘s perspective is what makes this place go. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Let me ask you this...do you buy into the "Jerry is just a brand"....runs the business for fortune?

If so...then why don't we? Wouldn't that be more logical?

I'm not sure why you object to Bobs post, or anyone aligning. We've talked before about taking emotion out of it....and that is all Bob et.al are doing.

One I don’t object to Bob being Bob he is one of the more level headed posters on the site
What annoying to me is look at the front page and see where any positivity is there isn’t any and when there is occasionally it gets wiped out quickly by the usuals

That what Rocky and myself ( more him but I ain’t disagreeing) are saying. There is a time for being disappointed I get that but carrying this on as long as the fan base appears to want to is just not in my DNA I want to be a more positive fan and hope Jerry pulls his head out his keister and puts together a complete team something he hasn’t done since salary cap era

My getting so emotionally connected with results not being a SB left me in 2011

I have pockets of hope but I roll with the journey and this time of year is a pocket of hope predraft

The fan that feels deserving because we are the Dallas cowboys fans and he or she has been cheated because we have rich history hasn’t been paying attention to Jerry’s inability to manage the salary era and that’s is a imo poor me .
Bobs thread while wasn’t intended to be that way is gonna draw the same folks in that will be incredibly negative but I truly appreciate Bob and his style .

But hey we’re had 3 consecutive 12 win season and staring down similar results this season if the draft goes well

I get it don’t let anything they say sway you see what they do and what the results are .

I’m gonna be a bit more optimistic but I’m not exactly expecting to be in SB with Jerry in charge but enjoying the journey is better mental health approach for this guy and logging in here this offseason has been an annoyance
I understand we have a lot ex athletes in here but some act like they put in sweat equity on this thing and they are no different than me Doritos and beer and yelling at the TV

Diehardblues

Reaction score
@starfan1 Personally I’ve thought up until the Packers playoff loss there was too much positive vibe.

Many fans were buying into the hype last year.

And they were boasting about how much better our team building has been even applauding our ownership.

Coming off our 1st consecutive 12 win seasons this Century the vibe was definitely as positive as I’ve seen in years.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Here’s a not so bold prediction that will happen at the conclusion of the NFL draft next weekend: The Jones front office will sell this upcoming draft class as hard as any in recent history. They know their early exit from the playoffs last year coupled with the almost complete inactivity in free agency has left even the staunchest of Cowboys fans disgruntled and disheartened.

Yeah, the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history last January left a stink not easily washed out of the Star in one off-season. Not to mention 28 years of embarrassing playoff underachievement. I’m expecting a Jones sales pitch so intense PT Barnum will rise from the grave just to say, “Wow”.

Maybe we will get lucky and have a home run draft. Time will tell. I hope so. But the hard sales pitch is coming regardless. “Step right up folks.“

But most Cowboys fans know by now that the Jones boys’ off-season strategy every year centers more on marketing than it does actual strategic roster building. Honestly if Jerry drafted a one legged RB from Nowhere University he would sell that kid as the next coming of Emmitt Smith and for jersey sales purposes mandate #22 be worn to complete the marketing pitch.

• I will NOT buy the sales pitch that is coming. Period. If this team goes 16-1, I won’t “believe” anything until they win multiple playoff games.
  • If the Cowboys turn it around this year and win multiple playoff games for the first time in 3 decades, I will be thrilled. But I will believe it when it happens.
Trust me, a huge sales and marketing roll out is coming. We will be expected to trust in the same guys who gave us the last 28 years. They continue to expect this fan base to believe they know what they’re doing by doing it “their way”. The results speak otherwise.

BOB HEAR ME WHEN I SAY "post of the day!" This is the approach we should be taking always with this team. This team let's us down/front office let's us down so much, and we get promised all this nice stuff, and it never seems to happen!!!! I vow to CONTINUE to be the way you're stating, honestly I've been this way for years now, nothing impresses me with this team. When we play "weaker" opponents, I never say we're going to win because anything could happen! This is the best post in a long time, I hope many adopt to this lifestyle!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I said before that they could go undefeated this year and I still wouldn't believe in them until they won multiple playoff games. Fans that do are just deceiving themselves. I guess that's how some justify following the circus.
Listen PA, as soon as something good happens fans will say "oh we're going to the superbowl, WE'RE A GOOD TEAM, this team is great!" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, let's see more!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough of just getting over the hump, let's DESTROY THE HUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One I don’t object to Bob being Bob he is one of the more level headed posters on the site
What annoying to me is look at the front page and see where any positivity is there isn’t any and when there is occasionally it gets wiped out quickly by the usuals

That what Rocky and myself ( more him but I ain’t disagreeing) are saying. There is a time for being disappointed I get that but carrying this on as long as the fan base appears to want to is just not in my DNA I want to be a more positive fan and hope Jerry pulls his head out his keister and puts together a complete team something he hasn’t done since salary cap era

I have pockets of hope but I roll with the journey and this time of year is a pocket of hope predraft

The fan that feels deserving because we are the Dallas cowboys fans and he or she has been cheated because we have rich history hasn’t been paying attention to Jerry’s inability to manage the salary era and that’s is a imo poor me .
Bobs thread while wasn’t intended to be that way is gonna draw the same folks in that will be incredibly negative but I truly appreciate Bob and his style .

But hey we’re had 3 consecutive 12 win season and staring down similar results this season if the draft goes well

I get it don’t let anything they say sway you see what they do and what the results are .

I’m gonna be a bit more optimistic but I’m not exactly expecting to be in SB with Jerry in charge but enjoying the journey is better mental health approach for this guy and logging in here this offseason has been an annoyance
I understand we have a lot ex athletes in here but some act like they put in sweat equity on this thing and they are no different than me Doritos and beer and yelling at the TV
There you go. That’s a much better disposition. Let everyone be who they are. Whatever works for you doesn’t necessarily work for everyone and vice versa.

And you’re right. The offseason, the draft and training camp is a time for renewed optimism and hope.

Unfortunately last years upswing in hope, hype and optimism hit hard ending with arguably Cowboys most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history which takes a toll however full your cup is. We’ll see how they recover.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You original post seemed pretty harsh...to me.

But I get your point...there is certainly a middle ground....which in my view Bob pretty much drove right through. There was no ridicule, bashing, beeching...just straight up neutral territory of expectations, with all the noise and bluster diminished . I think the season can still be enjoyed that way...maybe...more so.

As far as "positivity". Maybe that needs its own thread. I think I've seen a few already. Do another one!

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
There you go. That’s a much better disposition. Let everyone be who they are. Whatever works for you doesn’t necessarily work for everyone and vice versa.

And you’re right. The offseason, the draft and training camp is a time for renewed optimism and hope.

Unfortunately last years upswing in hope, hype and optimism hit hard ending with arguably Cowboys most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history which takes a toll however full your cup is. We’ll see how they recover.
What I don’t get Greg is this if SB is the only goal which so many on here talk about I don’t get the extreme demoralization with the GB loss

I too expected a win there but I also felt after that it was gonna take a lot of pieces falling our way for it work

I knew going in the team as constructed wasn’t as good as San Fran or Detroit or Philly for tha matter which the collapse surprised me even though I enjoyed it

Why did it hit so hard if you knew or should have known we weren’t good enough

The glaring defects showed themselves in playoffs like they tend to do. No RG no run defense and A 1 dimensional offense won’t get it done

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listen PA, as soon as something good happens fans will say "oh we're going to the superbowl, WE'RE A GOOD TEAM, this team is great!" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, let's see more!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough of just getting over the hump, let's DESTROY THE HUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's extremely stark especially in december. Then we lose...and often not just lose but miserable embarrassing failure.

But I can see it now...some people will be accused of bandwagoning off and back on...if they don't fan "correctly".

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's extremely stark especially in december. Then we lose...and often not just lose but miserable embarrassing failure.

But I can see it now...some people will be accused of bandwagoning off and back on...if they don't fan "correctly".
No you all know me around here as Mr. Negative, there's more out here, but it comes from the losing culture we have, YES we win games during the season. Then there's those games where we don't even look like a real nfl team. Get into the playoffs and we really don't look like an nfl team. Who comes into a playoff game with NO fight in them! Why, because we're so good we felt we didn't have to play well

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I don’t get Greg is this if SB is the only goal which so many on here talk about I don’t get the extreme demoralization with the GB loss

I too expected a win there but I also felt after that it was gonna take a lot of pieces falling our way for it work

I knew going in the team as constructed wasn’t as good as San Fran or Detroit or Philly for tha matter which the collapse surprised me even though I enjoyed it

Why did it hit so hard if you knew or should have known we weren’t good enough

The glaring defects showed themselves in playoffs like they tend to do. No RG no run defense and A 1 dimensional offense won’t get it done
Boiling it down to ONLY SUPER BOWLS will make everyone happy...I think is dishonest. FAst and disappointing playoff exits are what people have objecting to.

What IS the flashpoint then. Well...show us more so we have an opportunity to see.

Getting TO and losing a sb also comes with it's own disappointment but it does mean you have played well for several BIG GAMES. I think that would go a long way.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you all know me around here as Mr. Negative, there's more out here, but it comes from the losing culture we have, YES we win games during the season. Then there's those games where we don't even look like a real nfl team. Get into the playoffs and we really don't look like an nfl team. Who comes into a playoff game with NO fight in them! Why, because we're so good we felt we didn't have to play well
You are on to something. Maybe if we and the team come in with more "negativity". we'd fight harder.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s not that we are expected to beleive. We have no other choice. This is what we are being served. Of course it’s a load of garbage. But what’s new? It’s the same thing every year.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
You original post seemed pretty harsh...to me.

But I get your point...there is certainly a middle ground....which in my view Bob pretty much drove right through. There was no ridicule, bashing, beeching...just straight up neutral territory of expectations, with all the noise a bluster dimensioned . I think the season can still be enjoyed that way...maybe...more so.

As far as "positivity". Maybe that needs its own thread. I think I've seen a few already. Do another one!
Perhaps it was but not meant to be specifically @Bobhaze . So my apologies my discontentment is not with posters like him

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very well said Star.