My Concerns with our Headcoach situation

DandyDon52

Reaction score
YEAH HE IS AVG WITH 2 GOOD SEASONS that ended in one and done, so jones boys will dream on.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Teams can turn it around with the right coach. Look at the freakin' Rams....just need a guy who actually has some TALENT as a coach.
My point is that JG doesn't have that talent, he is an 8-8 coach wasting generating of cowboys talents, Romo, Dez, Witten etc.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I think JG has at least the 2018 season locked down, unless something unthinkable happens like we lose all of our remaining games.

The fans love their head coach when the team is winning (i.e. last year) and hate him when the team is losing (i.e. this year).

Garrett is a good but not great head coach. He won’t account for an extra win in your schedule every year but won’t lose you a game either.

He’s aggressive on 4th down and he has helped build an offense based around the players that Jerry has given him. That means control the time of possession, get a lead and grind the clock. On defense, don’t give up the big play and make an offense move down the field.

I think what fans really hate isn’t the coach but the scheme. They don’t like seeing corners playing 10 yards off receivers on first and 10. They don’t like running the ball on first and second down then throwing on third and long.

But let’s face it, the team isn’t 5-5 because of Jason Garrett. We’re a team build around 5 or 6 players with no depth - four of those players are out (Zeke, Lee, T.Smith and Bailey) and now the team stinks.

How is that the coach’s fault again?

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I think JG has at least the 2018 season locked down, unless something unthinkable happens like we lose all of our remaining games.

My money says he's around for AT LEAST one more season.

Not saying I love it or hate it, just what I think will happen.

You have to take into account Garrett record, never had back to back winning seasons, ever. So if this is the 8-8 or worse year, and Jerry most likely keeps him around another year, guess what, History says Garrett will have a winning season in 2018. That means Jerry will keep him around the 2019 season or extend him longer.

......At some point the up and down cycle has to stop.....

stiletto

Reaction score
My point is that JG doesn't have that talent, he is an 8-8 coach wasting generating of cowboys talents, Romo, Dez, Witten etc.

You don't have to sell your point to me my man.... I agree totally.

yimyammer

Reaction score
How about this: if he doesn't get fired, we'll have a mod ban me for life! Good enough? That should make everyone happy!

Hey buddy, I'm thinking you should have found the place to escrow the $500, the odds are going your direction and if the blow outs continue, who knows what the jeri will do

I heard he took over the post game speech from Garrett, dont know if thats true but if so lololoololololololol

bysbox1

Reaction score
I refuse to resign myself to his return being a foregone conclusion. If that's the case, I'll be really depressed.

That says to me that there is no hope in sight.

I hate to resign to it too, but I think he's right. Jerry's ego won't fire him.

It's a very disappointing situation.

Gameover

Reaction score
Hey buddy, I'm thinking you should have found the place to escrow the $500, the odds are going your direction and if the blow outs continue, who knows what the jeri will do

I heard he took over the post game speech from Garrett, dont know if thats true but if so lololoololololololol
It's the beginning of the end!