3(73) Cooper Beebe G Kansas St.
3(87) Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame
5(174) Caelen Carson CB Wake Forest
6(216) Ryan Flournoy WR SE Missouri St.
7(233) Nathan Thomas T Louisiana-Lafayette
7(244) Justin Rogers DT Auburn
Lost 2025 7th round pick (Detroit)

-

I'm just going to focus on the players picked and not the needs they didn't address like RB.

With the exception of Liufau, I like every pick. I even like Liufau just not that early.

I wasn't a big Guyton guy but at the bottom of the round with an extra 3rd round pick sure I can see that investment for a LT. His upside is enormous.

Kneeland doesn't get sacks so he gets dinged but this is the bottom of round 2 and he's now being groomed to replace a guy who also doesn't really get sacks in DeMarcus Lawrence. His skill set fits that role. You won't bully him. He's a stout run defender and a work in progress pass rusher who probably won't ever be a top sack guy. I'm fine with that.

I could go on and on about Cooper Beebe. That's one of the best picks I've seen this team make in a long time. Plug and play starting G who will probably end up being a plug and play C here and an upgrade over Biadasz.

Again, I could go on but let me just say this. There's a reason why Chuck Norris has never fought Cooper Beebe.

That cornerback was a steal. He's the self proclaimed stickiest corner in the class. You got these draft resources pegging him as a future starter. In the 5th round. From Scandrick to Bland to possibly Carson.

In fact of the 8 players selected, 4 of them are looked at as future starters, 1 more, Nathan Thomas, as a potential future starter (Mel and Lance Zierlein) and if you dig a little deeper you'll find Liufau a maybe too. (I liked him as a 5th-6th round target)

Flournoy was a good late round flyer and Rogers is just a fat guy who will be asked to clog the middle on early downs. Kind of like our 1st round pick last year.

I mean, I don't think this moves the needle at all in 2024 but there are some good foundational pieces that can pay dividends in the future.

i just can not hate this class. It was trench warfare. They are physically tougher after this draft.

I'd be stunned if it isn't a much better class than 2023.

Grade: B+

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. But if rumors about the SF trade offer were real, they could have traded down into the 90's, still got Liufau, and a 4th round pick that could have turned into a RB.

Add that to this class and it would be an A-plus from me.

Mcsports

Reaction score
1(29) Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma
2(56) Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan

-

I'm just going to focus on the players picked and not the needs they didn't address like RB.

With the exception of Liufau, I like every pick. I even like Liufau just not that early.

I wasn't a big Guyton guy but at the bottom of the round with an extra 3rd round pick sure I can see that investment for a LT. His upside is enormous.

Kneeland doesn't get sacks so he gets dinged but this is the bottom of round 2 and he's now being groomed to replace a guy who also doesn't really get sacks in DeMarcus Lawrence. His skill set fits that role. You won't bully him. He's a stout run defender and a work in progress pass rusher who probably won't ever be a top sack guy. I'm fine with that.

I could go on and on about Cooper Beebe. That's one of the best picks I've seen this team make in a long time. Plug and play starting G who will probably end up being a plug and play C here and an upgrade over Biadasz.

Again, I could go on but let me just say this. There's a reason why Chuck Norris has never fought Cooper Beebe.

That cornerback was a steal. He's the self proclaimed stickiest corner in tbe class. You got these draft resources pegging him as a future starter. In the 5th round. From Scandrick to Bland to possibly Carson.

In fact of the 8 players selected, 4 of them are looked at as future starters, 1 more, Nathan Thomas, as a potential future starter (Mel and Lance Zierlein) and if you dig a little deeper you'll find Liufau a maybe too. (I liked him as a 5th-6th round target)

Flournoy was a good late round flyer and Rogers is just a fat guy who will be asked to clog the middle on early downs. Kind of like our 1st round pick last year.

I mean, I don't think this moves the needle at all in 2024 but there are some good foundational pieces that can pay dividends in the future.

i just can not hate this class. It was trench warfare. They are physically tougher after this draft.

Who pirated your account?
Straight football talk.
No sarcasm at all.....unless......maybe.............

CowboyChris

Reaction score

-

That cornerback was a steal. He's the self proclaimed stickiest corner in tbe class. You got these draft resources pegging him as a future starter. In the 5th round. From Scandrick to Bland to possibly Carson.

2 things could've made this draft grade a little higher, first if we could've taken Jaylen Wright over Marist, or a trade down in the 3rd to recoup something in the 4th or early 5th. we missed alot of talent because we didnt have our 4th that we gave for Lance and our 5th for last years Eric Scott.

picks that I liked the most Guyton, BeeBee, Carson, and Rogers

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'm just going to focus on the players picked and not the needs they didn't address like RB....
I think that's a good take. It's difficult to be very critical of any of those picks. I'm sure in hindsight there will be some regrets as always.

There's some good potential in this group. Much better than last draft I believe (a rare bad draft by a normally good drafting team).

Given Dallas's position coming in, they did pretty well given what they had to work with. My main quibble is the failure to address the RB position.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Agree with the B+ grade overall.. A couple picks away from getting a solid A. A sturdy building starts with deep and sturdy trenches....that is what they finally got thru their heads. Could have gotten their pick of pretty good RBs in the late 3rd...but anyway, I am sure some mediots are gonna label this draft mediocre and give them a D... bringing up the lack of offensive weapons and a backup QB. But the FO did the right thing to focus on the OL and DL.

The greased pig wild scramble begins now with the UDFA....

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
My draft review

Never heard about any of these young men until they became Cowboys.. I wish them luck and hopefully they wear the Star with pride and professionalism... Grade Incomplete..