3(73) Cooper Beebe G Kansas St.
3(87) Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame
5(174) Caelen Carson CB Wake Forest
6(216) Ryan Flournoy WR SE Missouri St.
7(233) Nathan Thomas T Louisiana-Lafayette
7(244) Justin Rogers DT Auburn
Lost 2025 7th round pick (Detroit)

-

I'm just going to focus on the players picked and not the needs they didn't address like RB.

With the exception of Liufau, I like every pick. I even like Liufau just not that early.

I wasn't a big Guyton guy but at the bottom of the round with an extra 3rd round pick sure I can see that investment for a LT. His upside is enormous.

Kneeland doesn't get sacks so he gets dinged but this is the bottom of round 2 and he's now being groomed to replace a guy who also doesn't really get sacks in DeMarcus Lawrence. His skill set fits that role. You won't bully him. He's a stout run defender and a work in progress pass rusher who probably won't ever be a top sack guy. I'm fine with that.

I could go on and on about Cooper Beebe. That's one of the best picks I've seen this team make in a long time. Plug and play starting G who will probably end up being a plug and play C here and an upgrade over Biadasz.

Again, I could go on but let me just say this. There's a reason why Chuck Norris has never fought Cooper Beebe.

That cornerback was a steal. He's the self proclaimed stickiest corner in the class. You got these draft resources pegging him as a future starter. In the 5th round. From Scandrick to Bland to possibly Carson.

In fact of the 8 players selected, 4 of them are looked at as future starters, 1 more, Nathan Thomas, as a potential future starter (Mel and Lance Zierlein) and if you dig a little deeper you'll find Liufau a maybe too. (I liked him as a 5th-6th round target)

Flournoy was a good late round flyer and Rogers is just a fat guy who will be asked to clog the middle on early downs. Kind of like our 1st round pick last year.

I mean, I don't think this moves the needle at all in 2024 but there are some good foundational pieces that can pay dividends in the future.

i just can not hate this class. It was trench warfare. They are physically tougher after this draft.

I'd be stunned if it isn't a much better class than 2023.

Grade: B+
Nice summary

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1(29) Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma
2(56) Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan

-

I'm just going to focus on the players picked and not the needs they didn't address like RB.

With the exception of Liufau, I like every pick. I even like Liufau just not that early.

I wasn't a big Guyton guy but at the bottom of the round with an extra 3rd round pick sure I can see that investment for a LT. His upside is enormous.

Kneeland doesn't get sacks so he gets dinged but this is the bottom of round 2 and he's now being groomed to replace a guy who also doesn't really get sacks in DeMarcus Lawrence. His skill set fits that role. You won't bully him. He's a stout run defender and a work in progress pass rusher who probably won't ever be a top sack guy. I'm fine with that.

I could go on and on about Cooper Beebe. That's one of the best picks I've seen this team make in a long time. Plug and play starting G who will probably end up being a plug and play C here and an upgrade over Biadasz.

Again, I could go on but let me just say this. There's a reason why Chuck Norris has never fought Cooper Beebe.

That cornerback was a steal. He's the self proclaimed stickiest corner in the class. You got these draft resources pegging him as a future starter. In the 5th round. From Scandrick to Bland to possibly Carson.

In fact of the 8 players selected, 4 of them are looked at as future starters, 1 more, Nathan Thomas, as a potential future starter (Mel and Lance Zierlein) and if you dig a little deeper you'll find Liufau a maybe too. (I liked him as a 5th-6th round target)

Flournoy was a good late round flyer and Rogers is just a fat guy who will be asked to clog the middle on early downs. Kind of like our 1st round pick last year.

I mean, I don't think this moves the needle at all in 2024 but there are some good foundational pieces that can pay dividends in the future.

i just can not hate this class. It was trench warfare. They are physically tougher after this draft.

When you look at it up and down, not alot to complain about. Liufau probably, but he is probably a system pick.

Day 3 brought better talent that I expected. Especially considering this is is supposed to be incredibly weak after the 4th. It brought in some guys that at least have to look of someome who may become starters. With Thomas, Richards, and Bass, we have added some interesting late round/undrafted prospects, with Bass already showing he is a playable backup

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1(29) Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma
2(56) Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan

-

I think Thomas is a nice quiet hedge on Guyton. If Guyton bombs, you may wind up ok with Smith at LT and Thomas at LG

Creeper

Reaction score
Hope is always high after the draft. Then the players take the field and we discover why someone fell to the 5th or 6th round. The fantasy fades away and reality takes over.

I like what they did in the draft, but it is more about what they did based on who was available. I am not deluding myself into thinking a 3rd round pick is going to be a star because he wears one on his helmet or that a 7th round DT is going to solve a problem because he is a big fat guy. If that were the case Bohanna, a day 3 pick, would still be here. Although in this case I do think Beebe has a chance - mostly because of what many experts are saying about him, not just the limited videos that were posted online.

I am repeating myself, but this draft is not a failure because of who they took, it is a failure because what they did prior to the draft made it impossible for the draft to be a success. They left or created too many holes in the roster and did their best to fill them. They just needed 1 or 2 more picks in the first 2 days to fill them all.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It would be the Dallas thing to do.....take a player who has excelled at his position in college, and do the stupid flex thing and try to fit him into a position he has NEVER played before. SMDH..... Just keep him at freaking OG and let him do his thing.
That's what gets me ticked off with this team FO.. We know you don't have complete confidence in Hoffman, i don't either...but try something else there.
The ideal for Beebe would have been drafting him last year as backup G/C last year so he learns C, then let him compete for C this year.
But given what we got, good chance he beats off Hoffman in a C competition in camp, and he's the C this year. I'm not a big fan of Hoffman or Bass starting, but it looks like a 3 way competition between Bass, Hoffman, and Beebe for 3 spots.
But maybe the best pair will be keeping Beebe at G and Hoffman at C, even if Bass is seen as better at G than Hoffman is at C, because Beebe is just much better at G, at least as a rookie.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Well said. Good draft but it certainly isn’t going to win us anything this season.
Maybe not,but look at the last fewplayoff appearances, we were blown away at trenches , that probably will not happen