My Final Thoughts On TO, Dallas and ESPN

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I apologize, I may be creating the 81st thread regarding this subject, I know 3 of them I call my own but as a Cowboys fan I find this not only a very depressing and trying time on the field but maybe much more off of it.

I remember when TO was signed. There were very few supporters, many nay sayers claimed his antics would be the demise of the Cowboys. Unlike the majority, I backed the move. I believed Owens knew his back was against the wall. In many ways, Owens has made me proud. He never has to this point lived up to the negative reputation he brought here but it may be his past discretion that is all catching up with him now and the Cowboys are becoming a casualty of it.

Owens has received much non deserved criticism for recent actions but at some point your past catches up with you. The Cowboys as a franchise are now going to pay for Owens past.

We can sit here and accuse Ed Werder of drumming up a story and ESPN of glorifying it but the bottom line is Owens has invited the negative energy into the locker room as well as the media that feeds off of it. There is no way to spin it, this has turned into a circus, our franchise has become a laughing stock and the told you so crowd is telling us so. This can not be spinned into a positive situation. It has drawn in multiple players from the franchise and it's no longer just about TO.

It effects Tony Romo, Jason Witten, Bradie James, Patrick Crayton andd Roy Williams and no player is safe. Fingers are already being pointed and alligations spoken about who said what.

Not a single Romo pass can be thrown with out a second guess. Romo to Witten turns into buddy system yet again, Romo to Ownes turns into a country wide joke about how more meeting should be held. You need to look no further then the Deion Sanders interview for proof of that. Every single action by Romo will be second guessed. Jason Witten who spews old school and Cowboy pride has now become a teachers pet?

The Cowboys as a whole are simply now guilty by assosiation. The NFL greatest franchise and possibly one of it's greatest WR's have become the main attraction of the NFL Circus.

When Jerry Jones seeks the attention of the league and of the public this is not what he seeks but with out knowing it, I think this is what he has asked for.

As a fan of the Cowboys I find this more disturbing then probably most of you seem to be about it. I was irrated last year when ESPN had a special spot on their ticker for the New England Patriots Chase For Perfection. I may be irrated more now to see their special section for the saga that is the Cowboys possible demise via Owens.

I really can't explain my feelings right now. It almost feels as if you standing in a room of your peers and every finger is pointed at you accompanied by roars of laughter. My Cowboys have gone from Americas Team to Americas Joke and the only ones not getting it are the Cowboys fans.

When Tank Johnson was signed everyone critisized, I pointed to TO and said he's proof Dallas can make it work, Dallas can overcome this. When Dallas signed PacMan I pointed to Johnson and Owens and said Dallas can make it work, Dallas can overcome this.

I'm not so sure in the near future Dallas can make it work, Dallas can overcome this the way it is. I really do think this situation is much bigger then most care to admit.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sure this stuff bothers the players as much as it bothers you...:laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
I have to agree-while I'm one of TO's/Pacman's, etc defenders here, I don't know if I can take these media distractions anymore.

Yes-I know alot of it is overblown, but distractions are what they are, and it won't help the team a bit.

Honestly-I can't wait for this season to wrap up, so we can start afresh next year. Hopefully, Jerry will learn his lesson.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482646 said:
I have to agree-while I'm one of TO's/Pacman's, etc defenders here, I don't know if I can take these media distractions anymore.

Yes-I know alot of it is overblown, but distractions are what they are, and it won't help the team a bit.

Honestly-I can't wait for this season to wrap up, so we can start afresh next year. Hopefully, Jerry will learn his lesson.

Amen Brother.
Problem is next season, same mouths same problems.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482650 said:
Amen Brother.
Problem is next season, same mouths same problems.

I guess the same fragile, itty-bitty players who will crater under the weight of Werder's fabulous journalism...

Puhhhleease

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482646 said:

Not me, I love every moment of the NFL season. No way, I'm ready for it to end.

Im enjoying this roller coaster all the way to Tampa. I still believe

Wood

Reaction score
If Dallas was trying in vain to hold together a dynasty...I would be more tolerant of it...but reality makes it aweful difficult to put up with a player that so many people are out to get based on past incidents. Dallas is not a dynasty and not even a winning playoff team. TO has been here a few years and his negative energy can no longer be tolerated. In a way this team needs to collapse to force Jerry to make those tough decisions...one of them being the release of Owens.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2482636 said:
I apologize, I may be creating the 81st thread regarding this subject, I know 3 of them I call my own but as a Cowboys fan I find this not only a very depressing and trying time on the field but maybe much more off of it.

I remember when TO was signed. There were very few supporters, many nay sayers claimed his antics would be the demise of the Cowboys. Unlike the majority, I backed the move. I believed Owens knew his back was against the wall. In many ways, Owens has made me proud. He never has to this point lived up to the negative reputation he brought here but it may be his past discretion that is all catching up with him now and the Cowboys are becoming a casualty of it.

Owens has received much non deserved criticism for recent actions but at some point your past catches up with you. The Cowboys as a franchise are now going to pay for Owens past.

We can sit here and accuse Ed Werder of drumming up a story and ESPN of glorifying it but the bottom line is Owens has invited the negative energy into the locker room as well as the media that feeds off of it. There is no way to spin it, this has turned into a circus, our franchise has become a laughing stock and the told you so crowd is telling us so. This can not be spinned into a positive situation. It has drawn in multiple players from the franchise and it's no longer just about TO.

It effects Tony Romo, Jason Witten, Bradie James, Patrick Crayton andd Roy Williams and no player is safe. Fingers are already being pointed and alligations spoken about who said what.

Not a single Romo pass can be thrown with out a second guess. Romo to Witten turns into buddy system yet again, Romo to Ownes turns into a country wide joke about how more meeting should be held. You need to look no further then the Deion Sanders interview for proof of that. Every single action by Romo will be second guessed. Jason Witten who spews old school and Cowboy pride has now become a teachers pet?

The Cowboys as a whole are simply now guilty by assosiation. The NFL greatest franchise and possibly one of it's greatest WR's have become the main attraction of the NFL Circus.

When Jerry Jones seeks the attention of the league and of the public this is not what he seeks but with out knowing it, I think this is what he has asked for.

As a fan of the Cowboys I find this more disturbing then probably most of you seem to be about it. I was irrated last year when ESPN had a special spot on their ticker for the New England Patriots Chase For Perfection. I may be irrated more now to see their special section for the saga that is the Cowboys possible demise via Owens.

I really can't explain my feelings right now. It almost feels as if you standing in a room of your peers and every finger is pointed at you accompanied by roars of laughter. My Cowboys have gone from Americas Team to Americas Joke and the only ones not getting it are the Cowboys fans.

When Tank Johnson was signed everyone critisized, I pointed to TO and said he's proof Dallas can make it work, Dallas can overcome this. When Dallas signed PacMan I pointed to Johnson and Owens and said Dallas can make it work, Dallas can overcome this.

I'm not so sure in the near future Dallas can make it work, Dallas can overcome this the way it is. I really do think this situation is much bigger then most care to admit.

I started making all the whiny parts bold.. but there were too many.

Ender

Reaction score
To be honest, i don't care anymore. Most people misunderstand that if you are a fan, you don't care. Its like being in love with some one and not caring about the flaws that everybody sees. Only ESPN can turn, what seems to be a meeting, into a circus. But that part of the territory in Dallas. Thats just how it goes. We should all be use to it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2482655 said:
I guess the same fragile, itty-bitty players who will crater under the weight of Werder's fabulous journalism...

Puhhhleease

I have stated true or not this crap eats at people. owens history makes him suspect, you just don't think the other players are human.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482715 said:
I have stated true or not this crap eats at people. owens history makes him suspect, you just don't think the other players are human.

I think playrs that deal with him everyday know what he is about and what to believe.

I just don't think you people do...

Dodger12

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482646 said:
.....Honestly-I can't wait for this season to wrap up, so we can start afresh next year. Hopefully, Jerry will learn his lesson.

And another wasted year goes by while Jerry learns yet another "lesson." It gets old real quick.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2482721 said:
I think playrs that deal with him everyday know what he is about and what to believe.

I just don't think you people do...

Like I think the opposite.? Same thing. Neither know for sure. Bradie James is lying.
I do have history on my side, you have nothing but hope. it's all good.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dodger12;2482729 said:
And another wasted year goes by while Jerry learns yet another "lesson." It gets old real quick.

Then bye...I've said numerous times that a lot of you just aren't cut out to watch pro-football. Just too stressful.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482737 said:
Like I think the opposite.? Same thing. Neither know for sure. Bradie James is lying.
I do have history on my side, you have nothing but hope. it's all good.

You got hate is what you got....

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
From Jason Whitlock's column today:

10. Tony Romo is starting to develop quite the reputation: big-game choke artist.

His three-interception afternoon against the Pittsburgh Steelers sparked a couple of friends to text me disparaging remarks about Jessica Simpson's boy toy.

"Romo most overrated QB n history!"

"Don't get Romo hype. Sucks."

I like Romo and have a theory that he's just the latest talented QB to be undermined by a dysfunctional, bipolar relationship with Terrell Owens. It's just a theory. I'm not ready to swear to it.

But T.O. and his sideline histrionics wear on a quarterback. He's like the hot stripper you tried to clean up and convert into a real girlfriend. It's a lot of fun until the moment she has her second drink while out to eat with your parents. You unravel quicker than she does.

Romo appears to come unglued in December when the outcomes mean the most.

In three seasons as Dallas' starter, Romo's numbers the final four games of the regular season and playoffs are rather revealing. The Cowboys are 3-8 in those games. Romo has tossed 12 TDs and 15 INTs. His completion percentage drops to 58, a full six points lower than his career average.

Throw in his fumbled PAT snap in the Seattle playoff loss — his first season as a starter — and it's easy to argue that Romo struggles in the clutch.

It's probably unfair, but I blame T.O. The environment he creates with all of his ranting and raving is not one conducive to consistent QB play. Can we agree that Joe Montana was the best big-game QB in NFL history? Do you remember Jerry Rice acting like a deranged idiot on the sideline?

You can't turn a T.O. into a housewife.

Can't really disagree with any of it...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2482636 said:

Congrats on creating yet another TO thread that could have been posted within a pre-existing thread. You will receive the attention you so desire. Once again, Congrats.

SDogo

Reaction score
YoMick;2482679 said:
I started making all the whiny parts bold.. but there were too many.

I started making all the whiny parts bold...but there was only one:rolleyes:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2482752 said:
From Jason Whitlock's column today:

10. Tony Romo is starting to develop quite the reputation: big-game choke artist.

His three-interception afternoon against the Pittsburgh Steelers sparked a couple of friends to text me disparaging remarks about Jessica Simpson's boy toy.

"Romo most overrated QB n history!"

"Don't get Romo hype. Sucks."

I like Romo and have a theory that he's just the latest talented QB to be undermined by a dysfunctional, bipolar relationship with Terrell Owens. It's just a theory. I'm not ready to swear to it.

But T.O. and his sideline histrionics wear on a quarterback. He's like the hot stripper you tried to clean up and convert into a real girlfriend. It's a lot of fun until the moment she has her second drink while out to eat with your parents. You unravel quicker than she does.

Romo appears to come unglued in December when the outcomes mean the most.

In three seasons as Dallas' starter, Romo's numbers the final four games of the regular season and playoffs are rather revealing. The Cowboys are 3-8 in those games. Romo has tossed 12 TDs and 15 INTs. His completion percentage drops to 58, a full six points lower than his career average.

Throw in his fumbled PAT snap in the Seattle playoff loss — his first season as a starter — and it's easy to argue that Romo struggles in the clutch.

It's probably unfair, but I blame T.O. The environment he creates with all of his ranting and raving is not one conducive to consistent QB play. Can we agree that Joe Montana was the best big-game QB in NFL history? Do you remember Jerry Rice acting like a deranged idiot on the sideline?

You can't turn a T.O. into a housewife.

Can't really disagree with any of it...

:rolleyes:

Tell Romo to grow a pair and ditch the aw shucks Gomer Pyle routine. No one cares to see his silly grin after he throws his weekly INT.

SDogo

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2482761 said:
Congrats on creating yet another TO thread that could have been posted within a pre-existing thread. You will receive the attention you so desire. Once again, Congrats.

Really it was a thread about Ownes and the Cowboys. Sort of how I feel the franchise is falling apart but if you think I'm looking for attention so be it. I really could give a **** what you think to be honest.

Ironic part is I'm sure you hitting refresh right now to see if you get the response (or attention) from the other posters regarding your comment