My Final Thoughts On TO, Dallas and ESPN

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2482844 said:
You totally missed the point. Keep on hatin.

hater_tots1.jpg

As if I'm trying to disguise it. Way to go Sherlock Holmes

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482852 said:

You know I thought it was bad two years ago when we went at it (you and I). That was child's play. The level of hate for TO has spread like the plague. Thankfully these folks are just people on a board and don't make the decisions that drive the direction of the Boys. Therefore, I remain hopeful that we will get a Lombardi with TO, Romo, Witten, etc etc being a huge part of it happening. ;)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2482862 said:
You know I thought it was bad two years ago when we went at it (you and I). That was child's play. The level of hate for TO has spread like the plague. Thankfully these folks are just people on a board and don't make the decisions that drive the direction of the Boys. Therefore, I remain hopeful that we will get a Lombardi with TO, Romo, Witten, etc etc being a huge part of it happening. ;)

Like you and I decided back then. It's opinion. Right or wrong we are all entitled. Not one person here knows exactly what the truth is.
Myself? Some where in the middle, it always is.

I think every one would agree. If owens just played football like we all know he can. Took all this other stuff and did every thing he could to keep it in the
organization, he would be welcomed by all.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while ,can someone please explain what the definition of "hater" means, thank you.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2482967 said:
I've been out of the loop for a while ,can someone please explain what the definition of "hater" means, thank you.

When you have an opinion someone else doesn't like.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends

Thanks for an honest, intelligent post. Classy. I share your dismay at the circus.

There are some adolescents on this thread that defend the cancer no matter how it destroys the Cowboys reputation and success.

By the time Owens is gone this will no longer be America's team. We have Jerry Jones to thank for that.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC

You talk about an if-world. In that if-world T.O. would just shut up and play football.

What world is that? When was that ever remotely possible? How hard is it to see a horrifically divisive guy who can never shut up--and understand that he is what he is? He will never change?

Only a fantasy world can conjure a world where Terrell Owens contributes.

And let's be real: he is no longer a very good receiver because he runs some of the worst routes of any receiver in the league.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483005 said:
Dave_in-NC

You talk about an if-world. In that if-world T.O. would just shut up and play football.

What world is that? When was that ever remotely possible? How hard is it to see a horrifically divisive guy who can never shut up--and understand that he is what he is? He will never change?

Only a fantasy world can conjure a world where Terrell Owens contributes.

And let's be real: he is no longer a very good receiver because he runs some of the worst routes of any receiver in the league.

Nevermind the fact he attracts a double team every single play he participates it. That said, who do you replace him with that also attracts a double team and opens up the rest of the field for ridiculous single coverage matchup nightmares for defensive coordinators?

This has been hashed and rehashed numerous times but since we're recycling TO threads I figured why not pose this vital question for the umpteenth time. Maybe this time it will hit home.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Almost all teams have a receiver who merits double coverage.

Actually many teams no longer even bother to double T.O. Haven't you been watching that prevalent trend this year.

Put one guy in press and the safety stay up on top of the field deep. That's been the repeated (easy) formula to stop him.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483073 said:

Actually many teams no longer even bother to double T.O. Haven't you been watching that prevalent trend this year.

Put one guy in press and the safety stay up on top of the field deep. That's been the repeated (easy) formula to stop him.

That is also referred to as "double coverage."

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dodger12;2483133 said:
No, he doesn't.

Now that I am awake I will really respond...

Show me tape of any defense that has not rolled a safety over to help out over the top on TO every single play. He is played physically off of the line by the corner and a safety helps over the top to help ensure that corner doesn't end up looking like this.

terrell-owens-deangelo-hall.jpg

That, oh wise one, is the definition of a double team. Defenses lose a safety to that all game long and it really straps them on covering the other 90% of the field. If you can't see that then I can't help you any further. Carry on with your agenda.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483073 said:

umm isnt that doubling a wr?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2483368 said:
Now that I am awake I will really respond...

Show me tape of any defense that has not rolled a safety over to help out over the top on TO every single play.

You're the one who made the initial and ridiculous claim that TO was double teamed "on every single play" so you need to back up your statement. You want to show me a still photo of TO beating Hall as if it somehow validates your statement weak.

Polomalu was all over the field last Sunday, many times playing close to line of scrimage and chasing down the RB and blowing up plays in the backfield. There were plays where TO was single covered with the CB having so little respect for TO that he continued to jam him on the line, even without safety help. The worst part of it is TO would give up on the play, even with the game on the line and the ball thrown his way.

I was at the game and would often look for which of the WR's would get single coverage thinking that that's where the ball would go and yes, there were occassions when TO was one on one. Same with RWII only the CB would play off the receiver. That doesn't mean I know the intracacies of the offense or what each play called for, but it was clear that TO was not double covered on every single play. On the contrary, Pittsburgh players publically stated that the defense knew that Romo was going to look for Witten with the game on the line so that's who they paid the most attention to.