Video: My goodness on re-watch Ferguson's blocking was phenomenal

CWR

Reaction score
Schultz gave up on blocking to catch stats. Glad we didn't sign him long term.

rags747

Reaction score
I said it awhile ago and these guys are just proving me out. These two rookie TE’s are dynamite, they have something to them which is exactly what this team has needed for a long long time. Shultz is good no doubt, but I’m willing to roll with these two.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dalton Schultz is feeling expendable

Yeah, he must feel real threatened by Ferguson's offensive explosion - 2 catches for 13 yards in three games. Really taking advantage of the opportunity.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Schultz is a mediocre pass catching TE. Pretty much every team has someone either better or close in talent to him. There's nothing special about his game. He'll be gone after this season.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Combined with the fact that Schultz is one of the worse blocking TE in the league, I think we have an overall upgrade at TE.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
These guys provide proof... to my train of thought. The tight end position and the running back position or two positions that you do not need to break the bank for. Imagine what our offensive line could be like, next year, if we spend Zeke's money and Shultz's money on the offensive line.

Just saying.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Hendershot on pass routes. That dude can catch and get yardage after contact . The Pokes will not franchise tag the TE spot for awhile with these two new young tight ends. Hoping to see more and more of Hendershot as a safety valve in the flat run over some safeties .

MarcusRock

Reaction score
At the 1:20 mark obvious holding on Parsons. No call.

This is exactly what I was talking about during the game. That was not a hold at all. Parsons used a rip technique which is an exception to having holding being called because it puts the OL in a position where holding would normally be called. So long as the OL doesn't pull him down or materially restrict him in his path, it is not holding. I'll bet all these phantom holds people thought they saw on Parsons weren't even holds at all because people think Parsons should have a 100% pass rush win rate. Lol.

conner01

Reaction score
The scouting report on him leading up to the draft was that he was a good blocker but not great. He looked elite last night.
He’s a football player
He will get better because he’s the type of player who wants to get better
He was mad at himself for going out of bounds

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yeah, he must feel real threatened by Ferguson's offensive explosion - 2 catches for 13 yards in three games. Really taking advantage of the opportunity.

With Schultz out the Cowboys can run 12 personnel without having to resort to Jumbo or Hulk packages.

This allows Cowboys to not be be so predictable offensively.

And the almost 200 yards on ground does not happen with Schultz in lineup.

Proof

Reaction score
between Tyler Smith hitting the ground running, Peters looking like he is still capable and Ferguson actually wanting to block, we could finally see the return of the Dallas ground game.

Proof

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was talking about during the game. That was not a hold at all. Parsons used a rip technique which is an exception to having holding being called because it puts the OL in a position where holding would normally be called. So long as the OL doesn't pull him down or materially restrict him in his path, it is not holding. I'll bet all these phantom holds people thought they saw on Parsons weren't even holds at all because people think Parsons should have a 100% pass rush win rate. Lol.

no one cares man. let fans complain, it's part of the deal. find a ref forum