My Homeboy, who hates the cowboys, Said...

Frozen700

Reaction score
So we were talking about the Steelers(he's a die hard fan)...he is always criticizing our team...saying that we are media hype, and hates to give credit, he knows his football...but i guess since i love the cowboys he loves to hate sometimes....

anyways he said some shocking **** today, that i couldn't believe he felt that way.....he said "Marion barber is the best running back in football today, better than LT, better than everyone, you cant stop the guy, and im not just saying that, i watch your games, and others, and hes on another level"

i never felt that way though...i thought he was a top 5 back....but man..looking at it though..there arent any backs on his level....he said if Barber had more speed, hed probably grow to be the best ever....but since he doesnt he might as well put on more weight like bettis n become a force:lmao:

thats when i told him to ****.......but its shocking when a cowboys hater, or non fan admits something like that...what do you all think?

khiladi

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2283925 said:
So we were talking about the Steelers(he's a die hard fan)...he is always criticizing our team...saying that we are media hype, and hates to give credit, he knows his football...but i guess since i love the cowboys he loves to hate sometimes....

anyways he said some shocking **** today, that i couldn't believe he felt that way.....he said "Marion barber is the best running back in football today, better than LT, better than everyone, you cant stop the guy, and im not just saying that, i watch your games, and others, and hes on another level"

i never felt that way though...i thought he was a top 5 back....but man..looking at it though..there arent any backs on his level....he said if Barber had more speed, hed probably grow to be the best ever....but since he doesnt he might as well put on more weight like bettis n become a force:lmao:

thats when i told him to ****.......but its shocking when a cowboys hater, or non fan admits something like that...what do you all think?

Put Adrian Peterson behind our line, he'd run for 2000 yards a season....

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I think you can only hate for so long before the truth converts even the critically stupid. Not that your friend is critically stupid, mind you.;)

FWIW. I love me some Barber, but i'd trade him for Adrian Peterson without even blinking.

Reaction score

he might be the best playing right now. whether or not he's on another level is debateable, IMHO. another level = emmitt, walter or barry.

I like MBIII - and he is clearly quite good - but i'm not sure he's in that class just yet...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Funny...........same thing kind of happened to me this week......

I get an email from my dad, who is a lifelong Bears fan (born and raised in Chicago)

Out of the blue he writes.........I can't explain it, but for the first time in my life I've actually been rooting for the cowboys"...........

Then he asked me some questions about them.

I was shocked. This is a man who has loathed this team since I was old enough to walk. Now all of a sudden he is rooting for them? I told him that I was happy to have him join the dark side, but why?

He said......."I don't know, but outside of TO, I really can't find anyone else to hate on that team. Romo is a good Kid, Witten is everything a football player should be, and nobody in the league is more fun to watch than MBIII." he said

I couldn't argue with him on any of these points. He also said that after watching the bears pass on qb after qb in the draft, it finally hit him that the bears aren't trying to win football games. They are just "there", like that mole on the back of your arse. Its just "there, not doing anything, just hitching a ride".

Anyway, I'm excited to have him on board with the rest of us.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marion Barber is not on the same level as a healthy LaDainian Tomlinson, but having said that, I wouldn't trade him for Tomlinson.

Why?

Why would I? Barber is a very good back in this offense. We can win championships with Barber in this offense. Barber is a star in his own right and he doesn't have to be compared with Tomlinson in order to be recognized as such.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AD is on another level. He's as strong as Baber (not as relentless, but he's close at least), and just has unbelievable acceleration and change of direction. You can make a case for Barber as the next in line, though.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Quite frankly, Barber has a different style than Adrian Peterson or the other so called elite backs. Barber is more of a bruiser.

This is why I like that we have Felix Jones. Felix is the guy who can break a long one. Barber is the guy you want that can get you tough yards, and occassionally break one in the 10-15 yard range. Barber won't outrun many people, but he'll steamroll anyone that gets in his way.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Barber is my favorite to watch, because I love that style of physical running, but I can't call him the best.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyWay;2283941 said:
Out of the blue he writes.........I can't explain it, but for the first time in my life I've actually been rooting for the cowboys"...........
Slowly converting all the haters.

Skip Bayless is next. :D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score

Ugh.
I thought you said this guy knows his football...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The one thing that does put MB closer to the BEST category is what his attitude brings to the team. Remember last season when, after a few lethargic runs by Jones, MB would come in and run a couple RIGHT UP in there and seemingly lift the intensity of the entire team? Stuff like that doesn't show up in the stats.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Barber may not be the best RB in the league in my eyes, but he damn sure is the most intimidating. If your'e a linebacker and you see Barber running your way you know it's like trying to stop a train. Everyone who tries to stop him probaly says "oh ****". I don't blame them. We have ourselves a real football player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I noticed last year my friends who are Cowboys haters were giving Marion Barber more love than people on the Cowboys message Boards.

Its very strange.

A lot of people who aren't Cowboys fans think he is a top 2 or 3 back and if you ask a lot of Cowboys fans they say something different.

I've never seen anything like it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Marion is awesome, fun to watch, and a stud. But he's not on AP's level so he's not the best in the league, IMO.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny you posted this.

I meant to mention this yesterday but got distracted and forgot all about it.

For some reason I had Jim Rome (sp?) on the tv yesterday as I was doing some stuff in the house.

Wasn't paying attention as I just don't care for the guy, but was busy doing something and did not feel like looking for the remote.

Anyways I heard him say Marion Barbers name so I stopped to listen.

He was all over MBIII's jock. Just spouting out man love all over the place for MBIII. Saying pound for pound he is the most vicious player, think that is how he phrased it. Basically said he loves everything about him for playing so tough and gung ho but also because he was not show boat that would be taunting players and so on.

Also said it is one thing for someone like Brandon Jacobs of the Giants to be a battering ram, but it is another for MBIII because Jacobs is just a bigger player while Barber is not a huge guy, more like a regular sized back yet plays like he is so much bigger and with such power.

Really giving him all kind of praise and I could see that man love gleam in his eye like madden gets when he talks about Brett.