My Homeboy, who hates the cowboys, Said...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2283925 said:
So we were talking about the Steelers(he's a die hard fan)...he is always criticizing our team...saying that we are media hype, and hates to give credit, he knows his football...but i guess since i love the cowboys he loves to hate sometimes....

anyways he said some shocking **** today, that i couldn't believe he felt that way.....he said "Marion barber is the best running back in football today, better than LT, better than everyone, you cant stop the guy, and im not just saying that, i watch your games, and others, and hes on another level"

i never felt that way though...i thought he was a top 5 back....but man..looking at it though..there arent any backs on his level....he said if Barber had more speed, hed probably grow to be the best ever....but since he doesnt he might as well put on more weight like bettis n become a force:lmao:

thats when i told him to ****.......but its shocking when a cowboys hater, or non fan admits something like that...what do you all think?

your homeboy is tripping.

Gibbs II

Reaction score
He's got an elite motor, but by no means is he in that class of player.

For one, he needs to be more consistent.

Two, he needs to show up more against NFC East opponents (i personally don't want that as a skins fan)

He needs to have more of a complete game. Yes, he 'turns it on' in the 2nd half and 4th qtr, but how much of that is attributed to splitting time and staying healthy for the first part of the game.

He is clearly a very good running back, but he is one of the best utilized backs in the league. Thats where I believe a majority of his success comes from. You put him in some other schemes and his production probably goes down quite a bit, as would many other players, but i think that statement pertains to him especially.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gibbs II;2284773 said:
He's got an elite motor, but by no means is he in that class of player.

For one, he needs to be more consistent.

Two, he needs to show up more against NFC East opponents (i personally don't want that as a skins fan)

He needs to have more of a complete game. Yes, he 'turns it on' in the 2nd half and 4th qtr, but how much of that is attributed to splitting time and staying healthy for the first part of the game.

He is clearly a very good running back, but he is one of the best utilized backs in the league. Thats where I believe a majority of his success comes from. You put him in some other schemes and his production probably goes down quite a bit, as would many other players, but i think that statement pertains to him especially.

Nuts. Barber'd be a beast in any offense. In fact, I'm not sure I can think of a back who benefits less from scheme.

He's about as complete a back as they come. He runs, blocks, and catches well, and gives the same effort no matter the down or the quarter.

Don't drink the bathwater about him not showing up against NFCE opponents. It just so happens those teams have been pretty good against the run while he's been in the league. The game in Washington last year is no indication of what's about to happen this weekend. And then this line of reasoning will go the way of the 'TO never has a big game against us' threads that were sprouting like red and gold mushrooms about this time last year.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
So we were talking about the Steelers(he's a die hard fan)...he is always criticizing our team...saying that we are media hype, and hates to give credit, he knows his football...but i guess since i love the cowboys he loves to hate sometimes....

anyways he said some shocking **** today, that i couldn't believe he felt that way.....he said "Marion barber is the best running back in football today, better than LT, better than everyone, you cant stop the guy, and im not just saying that, i watch your games, and others, and hes on another level"

i never felt that way though...i thought he was a top 5 back....but man..looking at it though..there arent any backs on his level....he said if Barber had more speed, hed probably grow to be the best ever....but since he doesnt he might as well put on more weight like bettis n become a force:lmao:

thats when i told him to ****.......but its shocking when a cowboys hater, or non fan admits something like that...what do you all think?

I love me some Barber but who cares what any friend says?? Until we win in December and especially February nothing else matters. Hell My momma could telll me otherwise but I don't give a S***.:rolleyes:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Speed is on almost every team in the league but The Barbarian's heart and desire far exceeds his lack of break away speed on the field. I wouldn't trade half his desire for all the speed in the NFL. That desire and love for the game is contagious, speed isn't. Emmitt had that same heart and desire in his game, it's something you can't teach. Either you got it or you don't.

The new youngster trio today is Romo, Barber, & Witten. Those 3 young warriors really enjoy what they do and it's impenetrable. There is easily a 3-5 + year window with that cord for tremendous *** whipping, all the way to the show barring injury.

I'm going with Romos theme on the game and applying it to life. Why fast fwd to the playoffs when you love the game so much?
Enjoy the ride....:starspin

Reaction score

There is a reason I picked him 'too high' in my fantasy draft at number 7.....

Glad I didnt take Brady with that pick.....

He is a beast in dreads...

khiladi

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2284136 said:
What has AP done that he gets so much man love for? Anyone remember a guy by the name of Julius Jones? His rookie year? Imagine what we would have been if he was healthy all year... Then what happened? I know Barber hasn't been in the league for much longer, but he's definately more proven than AP.

And this "put AP behind our line and he's a 2000yd back" stuff is nonsense... The Vikings line is one of, if not the best, RUN blocking lines in the NFL... Put Barber there and in that offense he's a 1750yd 20+ TD back "ALL DAY"!

Are you seriously comparing JJ's rookie year to AP's rookie year? Have you seen AP in the open field, when the OL are no longer a factor?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
khiladi;2283932 said:
Put Adrian Peterson behind our line, he'd run for 2000 yards a season....

Nope. I'm happy with our homegrown guy, drafted out of the University of Minnesota in the 4th round, Marion Barber III!

Marion is not as injury prone as Peterson. Peterson seemed to always get hurt at Oklahoma, and now is following suit in the NFL.

Call me a homer or just plain biased, but I like our RB best. My next jersey will be a #24, blue, Marion Barber jersey.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
khiladi;2285046 said:
Are you seriously comparing JJ's rookie year to AP's rookie year? Have you seen AP in the open field, when the OL are no longer a factor?

See JJ vs. Bears Thanksgiving Day rookie year. There was a gif on here with it a while back. He had/has some moves. I'm not saying he has as many as AP, I'm just saying EVERYONE thought he was the next great thing, and where is he now. AP has not proven to me to be better than MBIII. He can have all the highlight runs he wants, and make people look like fools tripping over their jock straps. But Reggie Bush does that too, and he's not better than MBIII.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I say we offer Seattle Barber for Jones. We need the Jones twins in the back field!!! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Fletch;2285084 said:
Nope. I'm happy with our homegrown guy, drafted out of the University of Minnesota in the 4th round, Marion Barber III!

Marion is not as injury prone as Peterson. Peterson seemed to always get hurt at Oklahoma, and now is following suit in the NFL.

Call me a homer or just plain biased, but I like our RB best. My next jersey will be a #24, blue, Marion Barber jersey.

Injuries or not, AD's talent level is miles above anyone else in the league. I very much liken him to Walter Payton.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This is interesting. I was watching Washington Post Live on comcast sports net and Doc Walker (skins homer) stated that MBIII was an absolute beast and the best in the game right now as far as he's concerned. The rest of the panel continued to give Marion props.

He's a football's player football player.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Some things transcend hate.

Most Cowboys fans had grudging respect for Darrell Green for instance.

A guy like Barber is easy to love because he plays RB like a linebacker. He head hunts. It is really easy to appreciate that. Combine that with the fact he scores TDs at an enormous clip and it really is a toll on the game that few backs can achieve regardless of yardage they may rush for weekly.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Heck.... with that said... lets get Barber to the nearest sandy beaches. TO will show him to speed it up ;)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
khiladi;2283932 said:

The Vikings have a very good line.
Peterson however would like a QB.

Peterson would also like to play football for 16 weeks.

I'd take Barber over any back in football right now because he plays hards, stays healthy through severe pounding and mentally and physically whips defenses into submission.

AD is an awesome athlete and I love Texas high school players but he is no where near the physical presence Barber is on runs.

jimmy40

Reaction score

if Barber had speed he'd be Adrian Peterson.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I love me some Barber, but I'd take AP in a heart beat.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If the roles were reversed, I think Adrian Peterson could fill Barbers shoes in this role with this group of supporting players. Barber couldn't rush for 300 yards and singlehandedly win a game for a team against a superior opponent the way Peterson did last year for the Vikings against the Chargers.

I love Barber and always have, but let's not forget the luxory he gets that he hardly ever has to face 8 or 9 stacked in the box like Peterson has to every game. Peterson still averaged 5.6 a carry last year (and 5.2 a carry this year) when he's the only weapon on that offense that defenses have to respect. Defenses plan all week knowing if they can just stop Adrian Peterson they stop the entire Vikings offense.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
khiladi;2283932 said:

well not to put down AP or even our line really, but our oline has really been bad at opening up lanes for running backs for some years now. They can manhandle and protect our QB something fierce, but for some reason or another, they just do not seem to be able to create that open running lane.

Our RBs had always had to earn their yards it seems.Anyone else see that too?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
RW Hitman;2285865 said:
well not to put down AP or even our line really, but our oline has really been bad at opening up lanes for running backs for some years now. They can manhandle and protect our QB something fierce, but for some reason or another, they just do not seem to be able to create that open running lane.

Our RBs had always had to earn their yards it seems.Anyone else see that too?

No, not really.

We're currently 5th best in the NFL in yards per carry this year. We were 7th best in the NFL last year in yards per carry, hampered with a "big play" back who didn't make big plays.